symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
If so, how long did it take you?

I fell in love with the game when I first played it and I have almost 500 hours logged but I've never played to completion even before the 1.5 update which added a lot of end-game content. I've barely played since the update at all.

I'm considering setting it as a goal to complete the game before I CTB, but I'm struggling to gauge if that's feasible. Searching online gave wildly different estimate of how long a full playthrough can take.

Here's some of my decision-making process:

Pros:
  • It's something I enjoy
  • It would give me something to work towards; currently I feel most everything I do is futile and most my "goals" meaningless because I'll die before I do anything meaningful (i.e. graduate or get a job)
  • It would serve as a distraction and help me fill my time
Cons:
  • I worry I wouldn't have enough time to get fully through it
    • If I fail, I may be disappointed in myself or hard on myself (yes, I know how silly that is, I know it's just a video game)
    • I may feel like I have to devote time to the game instead of other things I'd rather do in order to meet my goal
    • Things like energy, motivation, and concentration are hard; when I last tried to play the game (or any game, really) a few months ago, I struggled to sit with it for even an hour for these reasons
  • I will certainly not be able to do everything I'd like to with it; for example, even if I get 100% completion in the vanilla game, I may then want to get 100% completion of the Expanded mod but not have time before I CTB, which again sets me up for disappointment

It's silly, I know, don't judge too hard lol. It's just something that's on my mind and I want to hear others' experiences with the game.

Reactions: Manaaja
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I just come to represent the Rock Eater's Club.
Abigail-Portrait_192px.png

Reactions: symphony
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
I just come to represent the Rock Eater's Club.
Abigail-Portrait_192px.png
Hey, how'd you know I was hungry? This looks delicious!

I decided fuck it, I'm bored and having a hard time getting through tonight, so I'm going to start a new farm. Time will tell how that pans out over the coming months. I'm choosing the Hill-Top layout (idk if I've ever played that one before but it's aesthetically pleasing) and I'll expect I'll end up marrying Elliott... as always lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I really need to start a new farm at one point too. Never can marry Elliot... There's place for only one long haired posh well dressed guy in the village, and it's gonna BE MEEEEEEEE.

• Yay!
I

inabsentia

Apr 20, 2021
Oh man, I love and miss stardew. I've seen people complete 1.5 to perfection in 2 years in game time (I forget how long that takes in real time... I always did binge it when I played though lol). But that would probably be quite stressful to achieve haha.

I would at least give it a go and try not to see it as something you need to accomplish - it can really just be something to pass the time, and see if it gives you any comfort. If not, that's ok too!

• Wow
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
By "completed" you mean 100% completion? That'd be pretty hard and take quite a bit of time and strategy. Those in-game arcade games drive me crazy, lol. Stardew Valley is a lot of fun though, one of my favorite games to relax to, although it can be stressful in the late game trying to MAX EFFICIENCY everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manaaja and symphony