• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

Bilal

Jul 17, 2023
Has anybody really recovered completely from severe depression problems like Persistent Depressive Disorder?? Are all these treatment/medication are there just to keep us surviving ? Will there really be a day when you feel comfortable with yourselfves without any medication/therapy?

Please don't sugarcoat!!🙏

G

Grumble

Lingering
Aug 25, 2018
I am diagnosed with severe treatment-resistant double depression: Persistent Depressive Disorder with current chronic Major Depressive Episode.

Despite this being my life story, I do actually believe recovery is possible in even the most extreme depression.

If you look at the physical effects of depression on the brain, it does cause brain damage, but this brain damage is reversible. No matter how far down the hole of depression you go, recovery is possible.

If you're looking for specific personal stories of recovery, I doubt you'll find anyone like that here. Maybe look around Reddit or something. But don't be surprised if you don't see many stories. The people who recover from depression are out there living their lives rather than staying around on a forum like this or in mental health subreddits. For people in recovery (remission), they're better to stay off those sites for risking a relapse.

B

Bilal

Jul 17, 2023
Thanks for the reply. I'm also dealing with PDD. Its been like more than 4 years since I was diagnosed. I always had that little hope inside that tell me one day I would be free from this pain. But with my recent episodes of MD, I feel like what's the point of living like this. Battling with my own mind and emotions, trying to resist the demons within everyday of your life only to realise years have passed and I am are still struggling with life, while seeing your friends and other human beings in my life being excited to live their "beautiful lives".

Hope you'll find peace one day🙏
Thanks for the reply. I'm also dealing with PDD. Its been like more than 4 years since I was diagnosed. I always had that little hope inside that tell me one day I would be free from this pain. But with my recent episodes of MD, I feel like what's the point of living like this. Battling with my own mind and emotions, trying to resist the demons within everyday of your life only to realise years have passed and I am are still struggling with life, while seeing your friends and other human beings in my life being excited to live their "beautiful lives".

Hope you'll find peace one day🙏

dinosavr

dinosavr

take me to the rooftop 🌃
Dec 14, 2023
Many people did, but for sure they are not here anymore.