• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What I mean by the title is that I'm wondering if somebody has reached a state to where they think they cannot ever recover in their lifetime yet they did manage to recover after. If there are people who recovered after thinking that recovery wasn't going to work, may I ask as to how you did it?

Reactions: Forever Sleep
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I did but like everyone else my story is complex and unique to me

Basically I had chronic pain for years, literally over 20 years. The Doctors did nothing, I tried everything and worked so hard but nothing seemed to work. It just felt like I was just going to be this way forever and would just have to manage it for the rest of my life. It terrified to think of what damage all this pain was doing to my body and just forcing myself to do stuff everyday making it worse.

Instead of getting better it just go worse, so worse... to the point I was pracitcally bedbound, this is what lead to my attempts because I just saw no possibility of recovery. Then kind of outta nowhere I stumbled on some help. I discovered it was all related to mental stress and anxiety. I then just spent months researching and watching videos and working on recovery because finally it was working and I was getting better. Now I pretty much made a complete recovery, now I just have a mess of a life to rebuild.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I did but like everyone else my story is complex and unique to me

Basically I had chronic pain for years, literally over 20 years. The Doctors did nothing, I tried everything and worked so hard but nothing seemed to work. It just felt like I was just going to be this way forever and would just have to manage it for the rest of my life. It terrified to think of what damage all this pain was doing to my body and just forcing myself to do stuff everyday making it worse.

Instead of getting better it just go worse, so worse... to the point I was pracitcally bedbound, this is what lead to my attempts because I just saw no possibility of recovery. Then kind of outta nowhere I stumbled on some help. I discovered it was all related to mental stress and anxiety. I then just spent months researching and watching videos and working on recovery because finally it was working and I was getting better. Now I pretty much made a complete recovery, now I just have a mess of a life to rebuild.
Wow, this is genuinely amazing. I'm shocked at how you turned your life around like that, especially when it applies to something like chronic pain too. I didn't think that chronic pain was even something that could be recovered from since it's, well, chronic. This story is, like you say, unique to you as I doubt everybody with chronic pain could recover like that.

However, just out of curiosity, how does working on mental stress help you recover with the chronic pain. I mean, the pain would still be there, right?

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Wow, this is genuinely amazing. I'm shocked at how you turned your life around like that, especially when it applies to something like chronic pain too. I didn't think that chronic pain was even something that could be recovered from since it's, well, chronic. This story is, like you say, unique to you as I doubt everybody with chronic pain could recover like that.

However, just out of curiosity, how does working on mental stress help you recover with the chronic pain. I mean, the pain would still be there, right?
It's very complicated like I said but there are 2 ways I tend to rationalise it.

There first is that pain is sent through neural pathways which can malfunction. So normally pain acts as a warning to stop doing something but sometimes the wiring can get messed so you are continously getting signals that something is wrong when you are fine.
The second way is more to do with the subconscious. For example, if someone is involved in a car accident and hurts there back they may suffer back pain and recover. Then they might go through a traumatic experience, and the subconscious reproduces the back pain as a distraction to the trauma as often the brain will prefer physical pain over mental pain.

There is video in my profile which was one of the first ones I watched which does a great job of explaining it.

I could talk about this for hours though as I have done so much research into it, in many cases the key to healing is knowledge and understanding

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
It's very complicated like I said but there are 2 ways I tend to rationalise it.

There first is that pain is sent through neural pathways which can malfunction. So normally pain acts as a warning to stop doing something but sometimes the wiring can get messed so you are continously getting signals that something is wrong when you are fine.
The second way is more to do with the subconscious. For example, if someone is involved in a car accident and hurts there back they may suffer back pain and recover. Then they might go through a traumatic experience, and the subconscious reproduces the back pain as a distraction to the trauma as often the brain will prefer physical pain over mental pain.
Both points that you mention are logical and seem like good points. Though I haven't really seen any examples of the first point yet.
There is video in my profile which was one of the first ones I watched which does a great job of explaining it.

I could talk about this for hours though as I have done so much research into it, in many cases the key to healing is knowledge and understanding
I can't see your profile as it says it limits the members which can access your profile

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Both points that you mention are logical and seem like good points. Though I haven't really seen any examples of the first point yet.

I can't see your profile as it says it limits the members which can access your profile
Yea I think they are looking into it a lot here is a link, https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/retraining-brain-treat-chronic-pain
I have changed my profile settings, I didn't realise they were closed so you should be able to view now

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
I have come back from situations that felt impossible, where I was sure I'd have to ctb in horrible ways because the suffering was unbearable, a couple of times. But I wouldn't say I 'recovered' - I still want to ctb and I still suffer a lot. So I guess you could say I just survived. That might not sound very comforting, but I think if my other problems were lesser, I might have reached a place you might call recovery.

The experiences did teach me that it is honestly often true that things are not quite as hopeless as they seem, even if you FEEL 100% certain they are. Barring cases where someone has incurable physical/mental illness, there's usually a way through if you can find the will to continue.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Ultimately not me at all but I've seen this happen loads of times.

U

uniqueusername12

-
Jan 18, 2024
I feel like a bit of a cheat. There are people on here that suffer from clinical depression and physical anguish that would probably switch places with me in a heartbeat.

My main drive for suicide is pressure, heartbreak, things being out of control, and abuse. All factors I have been unable to rid myself of my entire adult life.

It comes in waves. If none of the above factors are true. I begin to recover, but then one of them becomes true, I start to relapse.

I had a very difficult situation I managed to overcome. I fought tooth and nail to get myself back to some sort of normality. Which I did. Then, my heart chose a path, which ended up being the wrong one.

So, yes, I recovered. But external forces caused a relapse again. All those factors have been true this past year and show no sign of letting up.

There's no gas in the tank anymore for me. Hence why I'm here, looking for fuel. Either to kept me here or not.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
There were times it would seem that my life would always be hell.

There were times it seemed like nothing would ever get better and that the pain would never go away.

There were times when I didn't think I would ever find love again.

LivingForTheMoment

LivingForTheMoment

Finding Happiness and Helping Others!
Dec 31, 2022
What I mean by the title is that I'm wondering if somebody has reached a state to where they think they cannot ever recover in their lifetime yet they did manage to recover after. If there are people who recovered after thinking that recovery wasn't going to work, may I ask as to how you did it?
I did end up trying to kill myself. I gave up completely, and it's nothing short of a miracle that I'm virtually unharmed, let alone still here.

It happened this past summer, and it's been a bumpy road to recovery to say the least.

I'm still hurting everyday, but I put a tremendous effort in to try and help myself and others.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of recovery you were asking about, but I did have the intention of ending things completely, and despite that am still here trying harder than ever to find peace.

It's the biggest challenge I've ever faced, and it's likely no one else on Earth will see that struggle, but I'm still here and still trying.

I hope you find the strength to try as well. I pray you find peace.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
i wouldn't call myself "recovered", but i've basically been in an ongoing mental breakdown for 2 years that i only am now recently coming out of. i never thought i would even get here though, and my absolute obsession with self harm, self hatred, and suicide almost killed me a lot of times. i thought i would either be stuck like that forever or die. but now i'm doing a lot better compared to how i used to be. i go days without self harming now when i used to barely go hours and i dont think i'll kill myself any time soon at least.