U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I think I watched this film for the first time last year and found it to be oddly comforting. Since my first time seeing it, I've found myself coming back to it over and over again in moments where I am more distressed than usual and feel like the film really calms down some of the pain inside of me. Watching media about suicide sometimes almost feels like I am living vicariously through the deceased. Also, this documentary is much easier to watch since there is very little pro-life stuff in it compared to most suicide-related media. People just get to speak their genuine feelings which seem to be more understanding here in a lot of cases.

Other than watching The Bridge on repeat, I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube about assisted dying for mental illness and found those comforting as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: yellowjasmine88, Endex, Finn_tasia and 2 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I haven't, but it sounds interesting. It sounds like a documentary worth watching though, so I'm probably going to watch it.

Reactions: Endex and Unending
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I haven't, but it sounds interesting. It sounds like a documentary worth watching though, so I'm probably going to watch it.
It does show people jumping from the bridge so that could be potentially triggering for some people but I personally think that the footage is valuable for the documentary.

Reactions: MoreThanAFeeling and Endex
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
Yes I've watched it a handful of times. Very interesting documentary.
Think I need to watch it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Unending
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. Gene Sprague is the one I remember the most because he did it with such conviction. Plus- he waited for his Mum to die first- which I thought was so caring. (I want to wait for my Dad.) His Nan (I think it was) also seemed like a lovely lady. She knew how he felt but she didn't try to stop him- she just asked him to say goodbye before he left- which he did. I just think that's so moving. Not EVERYONE can be 'saved'. I think it takes perhaps even more love to let someone go like that. RIP to all those that left us early.

• Love
Reactions: leeloosnow, Unending and Endex
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Its well worth watching.

Reactions: Unending and Endex
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Yes. Gene Sprague is the one I remember the most because he did it with such conviction. Plus- he waited for his Mum to die first- which I thought was so caring. (I want to wait for my Dad.) His Nan (I think it was) also seemed like a lovely lady. She knew how he felt but she didn't try to stop him- she just asked him to say goodbye before he left- which he did. I just think that's so moving. Not EVERYONE can be 'saved'. I think it takes perhaps even more love to let someone go like that. RIP to all those that left us early.
I felt that I related the most to him for sure. I feel like the first thought I will have when one or both of my parents die will be the same.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
No, although I usually consume media related to mental illness. I find comfort in the fact that there are others like me. I watched "24 and ready to die" once. Hiljaisen Talven Lapsi is one I constantly go back to, it is not about suicide per-se (the girl who the documentary focuses on does express suicidal thoughts once) but the struggles of the girl I relate to a lot.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Watched it a few times.

And ofcourse Gene...there's an online tribute to him somewhere made by his friends.