F

fibroguy

Jul 9, 2019
Has anyone here purchased and used the max dog regulator? If so, please share your experience. I can't afford that regulator so I'm looking for cheaper options. I can't even get it because you have to be 50 to get It I think. The search for a cheaper option hasn't been easy so far. Thank you

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I got it from another website a few years ago.
Unfortunately, they don't sell the regulators to individuals anymore and you have to prove you're part of a brewing company. :notsure: Probably because all the hysteria around the exitbag method.
It was called "nitrogen click style regulator". It's exactly what Exit sells but for like $400 less.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Red Desert
F

fibroguy

Jul 9, 2019
I got it from another website called "WT Farley" a few years ago.
Unfortunately, they don't sell the regulators to individuals anymore and you have to prove you're part of a brewing company. :notsure: Probably because all the hysteria around the exitbag method.
It was called "nitrogen click style regulator". It's exactly what Exit sells but for like $400 less.
Did you ever attempt the exit bag method with it ? Do you still have it ?

AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
I have the maxdog.They asked zero questions when I purchased via maxdog brewing (am under 50 in the us).

Comes in a pretty box and is a sturdy piece of equipment.

F

fibroguy

Jul 9, 2019
I have the maxdog.They asked zero questions when I purchased via maxdog brewing (am under 50 in the us).

How was it when you tested it out if you did

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
Did you ever attempt the exit bag method with it ? Do you still have it ?
I didn't attempt no- but I still have it. I think I'm going with SN because the exit bag set up is way too complicated.

F

fibroguy

Jul 9, 2019
Then I'd be happy to take that regulator of your hands, but you'll probably sell it or something lol

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
Then I'd be happy to take that regulator of your hands, but you'll probably sell it or something lol
I'm gonna keep it just in case SN doesn't work out ;)
Just search around the web; you might be able to find a similar regulator at a cheaper price. Exit slaps a silly dog sticker on it and then charges an arm and leg for it

• Yay!
Reactions: Red Desert and enjolras
F

fibroguy

Jul 9, 2019
I'm gonna keep it just in case SN doesn't work out ;)
Just search around the web; you might be able to find a similar regulator at a cheaper price. Exit slaps a silly dog sticker on it and then charges an arm and leg for it
That's the thing. I bought an oxygen regulator (Medline) and then a cga540 to cga580 adapter. I installed it onto the tank and there appears to be a leak somewhere. This happened today. Now I have to delay my plans

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I'd not give them a cent out of principle. They knew exactly what they were selling it for and gouged on price. Now they don't want the heat so have locked it down. But they got paid. People who profit off of suffering are the worst of the worst. If any of the people supplying things they know are methods were decent people and cared about others they wouldn't be working with profit margins in the thousands of percents. Either don't make it available, or make it available at a reasonable cost. Don't be such a greedy scumbag and get rich from it. Sorry for the extreme anger. Greed is something that has had a profoundly negative impact on my life so I am lit up by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Desert, enjolras, PrincessInWhite and 1 other person
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I'd not give them a cent out of principle. They knew exactly what they were selling it for and gouged on price. Now they don't want the heat so have locked it down. But they got paid. People who profit off of suffering are the worst of the worst. If any of the people supplying things they know are methods were decent people and cared about others they wouldn't be working with profit margins in the thousands of percents. Either don't make it available, or make it available at a reasonable cost. Don't be such a greedy scumbag and get rich from it. Sorry for the extreme anger. Greed is something that has had a profoundly negative impact on my life so I am lit up by it.
Max Dog is charging for convenience. I assume most Exit members are affluent such that convenience matters far more to them than a low price. They offer a pre-packaged death kit to make things as easy as possible, and they have no competitor that offers equal ease. To save money one can source from "legitimate" vendors, vendors that don't cater to the needs of the suicidal. Not as easy, though the way to go if you need to or want to get the lowest cost.

It is amusing how they pretend (very poorly) that this stuff has something to do with beer. It's like sellers of research chemicals who pretend clonazelam will be used to calm a nervous lab rat.

• Love
Reactions: Red Desert, Ruffian, fibroguy and 1 other person
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Max Dog is charging for convenience. I assume most Exit members are affluent such that convenience matters far more to them than a low price. They offer a pre-packaged death kit to make things as easy as possible, and they have no competitor that offers equal ease. To save money one can source from "legitimate" vendors, vendors that don't cater to the needs of the suicidal. Not as easy, though the way to go if you need to or want to get the lowest cost.

Honestly I don't care about any excuse. Convenience. Risk. Whatever. It's all profiteering knowing the people you are selling to are desperate and suffering. I find it unjustifiable under the ethics I live by.

Reactions: AnnonyBox
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Honestly I don't care about any excuse. Convenience. Risk. Whatever. It's all profiteering knowing the people you are selling to are desperate and suffering. I find it unjustifiable under the ethics I live by.
It's not an excuse, just basic economics. I'm very thrifty (most would say cheapskate), so I certainly understand the great thrill involved in getting the absolute lowest price. For example, I can't grasp how a gas station stays in business when they sell for one cent more than the station right across the street.

With 8 weeks for delivery the buyers apparently aren't that desperate to CTB. Apparently for suicidal millionaires who don't want to expend any effort and are in no hurry to die.

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
It's not an excuse, just basic economics

"Basic economic" is used as an excuse for poor behavior all the time so I stand behind my statement. They CHOOSE to do this and make a profit. Nobody makes them. My ethics say this is wrong. You can disagree with them...but you cannot invalidate them.

Last edited:
Reactions: enjolras
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
"Basic economic" is used as an excuse for poor behavior all the time so I stand behind my statement. They CHOOSE to do this and make a profit. Nobody makes them. My ethics say this is wrong. You can disagree with them...but you cannot invalidate them.
The problem is a societal prohibition on suicide. If not for this moral & legal prohibition we'd have multiple companies competing to meet your suicidal needs and Amazon would offer a competitive price on a variety of easy to use death-in-a-box kits. Not to mention 2-day Prime shipping so you can catch that bus in a timely manner.

If somebody sees that prices are ridiculously high that's a business opportunity -- start your own competing business and price your product a bit less and you can still make a significant profit. Not likely to happen due to that prohibition on suicide, plus a business model that has a total lack of repeat customers.

Reactions: Red Desert and Mare Tranquillitatis
L

lizardking

Apr 12, 2020

what came included? tubing? instructions for install and use?

R

RYOKAN

Mar 15, 2023

Hi, did it come with the tube attachment?

Waxeye6661

Waxeye6661

May 30, 2023
Hi, did it come with the tube attachment?
yes it does come with tubing, I've been looking into MDB over the last couple of days it is only
2 - 4 weeks processing and delivery now and I will be ordering one next week even though it is expensive the only thing left to do once received is to acquire/make the exit bag.
I have a nitrogen tank already.

using voice to text sorry about the formatting

also may I ask why some names have a strikethrough them

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
yes it does come with tubing, I've been looking into MDB over the last couple of days it is only
2 - 4 weeks processing and delivery now and I will be ordering one next week even though it is expensive the only thing left to do once received is to acquire/make the exit bag.

Why did you pay too much money for that regulator, exit are robbers

You could have bought the argon regulator and set the lpm to 12.8 lpm

R

RYOKAN

Mar 15, 2023

Hi, thanks for replying. Forgive me, but I was under the impression that the MDB, the tubing, and the Nitrogen tank were all that were required to perform the final deed. When you mention the exit bag, are you referring to the bag that you tape around your neck? The reason I ask is that there is a separate euthanasia device that is actually called an Exit Bag from Exit International and it's illegal to buy in most countries. Apparently, the trademarked Exit Bag from Exit International is by far the easiest and best way to euthanize oneself because it doesn't require any other equipment and there is virtually no chance for anything to go wrong.

Waxeye6661

Waxeye6661

May 30, 2023
Why did you pay too much money for that regulator, exit are robbers

You could have bought the argon regulator and set the lpm to 12.8 lpm
I realise they are overpriced but my country has the type 50 fittings to nitrogen bottles and adaptors are almost impossible to get to connect CO2 argon etc and the flow metre as well .

I have ALS and have trouble using my hands to assemble different parts. For a few extra $I will have peace of mind that all I need to do is hook up the tubing to a bag.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Hi, thanks for replying. Forgive me, but I was under the impression that the MDB, the tubing, and the Nitrogen tank were all that were required to perform the final deed. When you mention the exit bag, are you referring to the bag that you tape around your neck? The reason I ask is that there is a separate euthanasia device that is actually called an Exit Bag from Exit International and it's illegal to buy in most countries. Apparently, the trademarked Exit Bag from Exit International is by far the easiest and best way to euthanize oneself because it doesn't require any other equipment and there is virtually no chance for anything to go wrong.
No he means the exit bag with nitrogen

Only using a exit bag without inert gas will cause suffocation brutal way to die
I realise they are overpriced but my country has the type 50 fittings to nitrogen bottles and adaptors are almost impossible to get to connect CO2 argon etc and the flow metre as well .

I have ALS and have trouble using my hands to assemble different parts. For a few extra $I will have peace of mind that all I need to do is hook up the tubing to a bag.
Nitrogen and argon use same adapters in every country

Waxeye6661

Waxeye6661

May 30, 2023
I think mBD used to sell the whole kit that's bag Reg and tank together OUT the back of a van.

now going by their website all they sell the regulators and tubing is that what you mean

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023

See here it is nitrogen regulator with flowmeter for type 50

Waxeye6661

Waxeye6661

May 30, 2023
No he means the exit bag with nitrogen

Only using a exit bag without inert gas will cause suffocation brutal way to die

Nitrogen and argon use same adapters in every country
in New Zealand AND Australia they use type 50 FOR nitrogen and type 30 for argon etcetera

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: astral-mind
R

RYOKAN

Mar 15, 2023
I think mBD used to sell the whole kit that's bag Reg and tank together OUT the back of a van.

now going by their website all they sell the regulators and tubing is that what you mean
Hi, what I meant was I thought there was a separate device called an Exit Bag which didn't require any other equipment, but perhaps I made a mistake. Now I'm wondering if the Exit Bag refers to all the different equipment that we've already discussed. I'm guessing if that's the case then it worries me that something might go wrong if I do this process by myself.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
wow GOOD find I've been looking everywhere for something like that
Only 50 bucks that's not bad, max dog selling for 300 that's a robbery lol
Hi, what I meant was I thought there was a separate device called an Exit Bag which didn't require any other equipment, but perhaps I made a mistake. Now I'm wondering if the Exit Bag refers to all the different equipment that we've already discussed. I'm guessing if that's the case then it worries me that something might go wrong if I do this process by myself.
Send pictures please

Waxeye6661

Waxeye6661

May 30, 2023
Only 50 bucks that's not bad, max dog selling for 300 that's a robbery lol

Send pictures please
I was needing the $440 MDB reg which witch in New Zealand dollars plus GST comes to about $580

• Wow
Reactions: Red Desert and Vizzy