asdasan

asdasan

Carbon Monoxide
Mar 7, 2019
Just wondering if you guys have ever taken a so-called Myers-Briggs personality test, and what your score was.

Mine is ENTJ. Ironic, since it's the one most associated with success.

We can't all live up to our potential I suppose.

Reactions: Minudah
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
I've never taken the official test, but I heard that the results are about as inconsistent as online tests. Online tests always give me some kind of INxx type. Jung's functions are probably a better way to tell your type imo, they're what MBTI is based on. My functional stack is definitely Ni-Te-Fi-Se, which lines right up with INTJ. I think the problem with MBTI tests is that they ask things that people could do differently one day to the next, without any consideration that their actions change from day to day because we don't use our cognitive functions the same all the time. Stressed out people use their weaker functions more and might get a wrong T/F or S/N result.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jc40, Chlo and asdasan
asdasan

asdasan

Carbon Monoxide
Mar 7, 2019
I've never taken the official test, but I heard that the results are about as inconsistent as online tests. Online tests always give me some kind of INxx type. Jung's functions are probably a better way to tell your type imo, they're what MBTI is based on. My functional stack is definitely Ni-Te-Fi-Se, which lines right up with INTJ.

Correct, I did the Socionics and the functions test. Both came back with Te dom, and the functions were Te-Ni-Se-Fi (ENTJ). Also, when I feel the worst, my behaviour can only be described as a massive Fi grip.

Reactions: Never Free and Minudah
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
A huh?
Never taken any kind.

asdasan

asdasan

Carbon Monoxide
Mar 7, 2019
A huh?
Never taken any kind.

Most basic one is on the 16personalities website. In-depth would be a "cognitive functions test".

It's amazing how well those results can describe you, provided you answer sincerely.

Reactions: RottenOdysseus and Minudah
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I've actually taken an official personality test with a psychologist. I have also taken online tests that gave me very similar results to the real one.

RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I mostly get INTP but I have also been told that I am an INTJ

Most basic one is on the 16personalities website. In-depth would be a "cognitive functions test".

It's amazing how well those results can describe you, provided you answer sincerely.
16personalities is not really seen as legit in the mbti community, though you could argue that the whole MBTI theory is inaccurate itself.

Reactions: Minudah and Meretlein
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I've actually taken an official personality test with a psychologist. I have also taken online tests that gave me very similar results to the real one.
I'm surprised a psychologist did the test with you, every psych I've been to acts like I'm a quack when I talk about it lol

Reactions: Meretlein and Minudah
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I mostly get INTP but I have also been told that I am an INTJ

16personalities is not really seen as legit in the mbti community, though you could argue that the whole MBTI theory is inaccurate itself.

I feel like most psychological tests (including IQ) will be replaced by more sophisticated ones in the future.

Reactions: RottenOdysseus
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
I'm surprised a psychologist did the test with you, every psych I've been to acts like I'm a quack when I talk about it lol
Don't they all try to act like we're "quacks" lol

Reactions: RottenOdysseus and Meretlein
asdasan

asdasan

Carbon Monoxide
Mar 7, 2019

No wonder, that 16personalities test works solely on dichotomies. Hardly an accurate way to "stereotype" someone.

Another reason why The TI in MBTI stands for "Type Indicator".

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019

It was when my visual processing ability was being tested and they did some sort of personality disorder screening. It was not a typical personality test but it did summarize my personality. It basically said "Meretlein is a drama queen who is easy going and likeable. Sometimes immature af". I was 15 when this was done so I don't remember much.

Reactions: asdasan
asdasan

asdasan

Carbon Monoxide
Mar 7, 2019
It was when my visual processing ability was being tested and they did some sort of personality disorder screening. It was not a typical personality test but it did summarize my personality. It basically said "Meretlein is a drama queen who is easy going and likeable. Sometimes immature af". I was 15 when this was done so I don't remember much.

Made me chuckle.

Reactions: Meretlein
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I feel like most psychological tests (including IQ) will be replaced by more sophisticated ones in the future.
I hope they do. All the tests out now suck

Reactions: Minudah and Meretlein
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I hope they do. All the tests out now suck

I find it odd how psychologists, psychiatrists, and a lot of laypeople will cling to those tests and to all treatments. To them their tests are infallible and there is a treatment for everything. Cardiologists will freely admit that they cannot fix every disease of the heart and yet we are supposed to believe every disease of the brain can be fixed? Last time I checked the brain is a much more complex and less understood organ than the heart.

Reactions: Minudah
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I have done it a couple of times, I always get INFJ.

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
ya it said i was an INTP. I forget wat that means though, i think it means im a genius :)

PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
ENFJ here! The N and the J are flexible, the E and the F are pretty fixed haha

Reactions: Never Free
dovistico

dovistico

Jan 12, 2019
I' m clearly an INFP (sometimes called healer or mediator).

Reactions: Never Free and Painless_end
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
INFP Male. Hardest type of all.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I've gotten INTP most often, but I think the MBTI is nonsense. Personality can't be categorized accurately with so few attributes.

charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
INTJ > INFP for me over a span of two years. i'd have to retake it, God knows what it is now.

Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I am INFP apparently. I think that personality tests like this are kind of pointless though. They are just like horoscopes i.e. they use rather vague descriptions that could be applied to most people. Human character is more complex than that and cannot be simply meassured by just 4 traits.

Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
Correct, I did the Socionics and the functions test. Both came back with Te dom, and the functions were Te-Ni-Se-Fi (ENTJ). Also, when I feel the worst, my behaviour can only be described as a massive Fi grip.
Enfj and in the Ti grip a lot. Also Enneagram 6

BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
INFP. I don't like it at all.

• Hugs
Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
I am INFP apparently. I think that personality tests like this are kind of pointless though. They are just like horoscopes i.e. they use rather vague descriptions that could be applied to most people. Human character is more complex than that and cannot be simply meassured by just 4 traits.
There's more than 4 traits though. All the letters represent dichotomies where you lean one way. Whichever one you lean towards has various traits. You can also act out of preferences for things like stress, or being in certain environments, and circumstances that call for it, or push you into it.