• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
despite how shitty i feel most of the time i find it almost impossible to cry??? like it physically wont come out sometimes. I always assumed it was a side effect of the sertraline lol does anyone else get this? aint saying its a bad thing but it deffo is annoying- especially when i feel the tears wanting to come out

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
:hug: Yes, my tears dried up completely I guess. That's what happens when you cried a lot. In my case I did. Now I'm an iceberg. Have no more tears to cry. Sending you strength.
bless you having no more tears to cry in some ways that could be a good thing i suppose but also sending you strength and love xx
Yes it's the same here. Lots of times I feel like crying but I just sit there super depressed. I think it's my meds that make it so I can cry.

yep thats exactly my reaction! meds are a wonderful thing aint they lol

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
It's really hard for me to cry for myself. I want to, because it helps.. but it just won't come out. I started watching sad videos online just so I can. For some reason, those can still make me cry but I just can't anymore for myself.

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
were you able to cry normally before sertraline? i went through the same, but i was never one to cry easily so it didn't bother me much.

it's just a dumb assumption, but from my experience sertraline tends to leave our mouths dry and for the time i took it my body had a higher demand for water. i think that this med acts on receptors that can be found in certain glands, reducing the secretion of fluids.

sorry if that was uncalled for. i tried to find some papers on it, but could find any good report.

LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
Yes, it could be because of sertraline. I took it when I was in a psych ward, and I'm even started to forgot some words when talking lol. But even without it now I can't cry sometimes when it's "needed".

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
It's really hard for me to cry for myself. I want to, because it helps.. but it just won't come out. I started watching sad videos online just so I can. For some reason, those can still make me cry but I just can't anymore for myself.
i find i can only really cry for myself if ive really bottled it up and someone asks if im okay lol but even that can make it almost impossible- sad videos seems like a good method to get it all out but i still think it wouldnt come out haha
were you able to cry normally before sertraline? i went through the same, but i was never one to cry easily so it didn't bother me much.

it's just a dumb assumption, but from my experience sertraline tends to leave our mouths dry and for the time i took it my body had a higher demand for water. i think that this med acts on receptors that can be found in certain glands, reducing the secretion of fluids.

sorry if that was uncalled for. i tried to find some papers on it, but could find any good report.
dont be silly not uncalled for at all! thing is ive been on it for over a year now and not sure i can really remember much before it as it is my third antidepressant lol i deffo used to cry more pre meds like 3 yrs ago and maybe even before sertraline - oh yes im so thirsty all the time its crazy i can drink tonnes of water so maybe your theory is correct because maybe I dont have enough liquid in me for my tears to come out - not entirely sure but wouldn't surprise me if it is just because these meds have made me numb
Yes, it could be because of sertraline. I took it when I was in a psych ward, and I'm even started to forgot some words when talking lol. But even without it now I can't cry sometimes when it's "needed".
bless you i can see it having that affect for sure, hmm are you on a different antidepressant? because maybe thats why you cant cry? i feel most meds numb me in the brain but my body can still feel the emotions

Last edited:
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
bless you i can see it having that affect for sure, hmm are you on a different antidepressant? because maybe thats why you cant cry? i feel most meds numb me in the brain but my body can still feel the emotions
I had took Calixta (Mirtazapine) after that, it was better, but I still could not. For now, I don't take any, I can cry sometimes, but sometimes can't, idk why. Some side effects of them still aren't gone after 2 years, tho.

• Hugs
Reactions: PNKPNDA
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
No medication of any sorts here, and tears just don't exist anymore, I used to cry myself to sleep at night , but in last few weeks, nothing

• Love
PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
I had took Calixta (Mirtazapine) after that, it was better, but I still could not. For now, I don't take any, I can cry sometimes, but sometimes can't, idk why. Some side effects of them still aren't gone after 2 years, tho.
ah i was on mirtazapine but gained bare weight and hated it so switched to sertraline lol - yeah i can imagine meds affect the body for a long time
No medication of any sorts here, and tears just don't exist anymore, I used to cry myself to sleep at night , but in last few weeks, nothing
bless you, crying can be so dehydrating so make sure you get plenty of fluid in you! sending u love xx

Reactions: LastWhisper
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
ah i was on mirtazapine but gained bare weight and hated it so switched to sertraline lol - yeah i can imagine meds affect the body for a long time
Huh, but I liked it. I even thought to went to my psychiatrist to got a recipe again, but my arms full of cuts, so they just can put me into psych ward again instead.

• Hugs
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
my ex was on antidepressants and had the same problem...it might be the cause of your tearlessness.

I cry so much sometimes it feels like waterfalls come out of my eyes, I donate my tears to everyone having trouble with that in this post.

Anyways, hope you can figure out a way to be okay without crying (maybe screaming, okay...I'm getting silly ^.^) or maybe change your meds, OP.

• Love
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Yeah I find it hard to cry. It's beeng months since I don't cry. My feeling is more like emptiness and frustration.

• Hugs
daddy Phil :)

daddy Phil :)

Oct 21, 2020
I have the same "problem", it's almost impossible for me to cry. I can cry just a LITTLE bit if I force myself super hard. Sometimes I want to cry, because I feel like that would make me feel better for some reason, but sadly I just can't?

• Hugs
VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
I can relate to this.

I rarely cry. But when I do its a lot. (sounded like that old meme).

• Hugs
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I wish I could stop crying. My eyelids are absolutely annihilated, looks like permanent damage...after so many years nearly 24/7, you would think it would stop. There was one point where I was numb and not crying everyday but once it started up again, it has continued endlessly. I wish I could cry out of my elbows or something and not something on my face I have to use to see with! The worst part is people think you can control it, even my own mother thinks this...I've seen her cry maybe twice in my life and never about my suffering. It would be amazing if I could control when I cried or not, it is a hinderance and it can draw unwanted attention.

• Hugs