• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

VampQueen

VampQueen

Ace of Hearts
Feb 6, 2024
So my medicine is making it hard to eat. Like i get nauseous when looking, thinking, and smelling food, to the point where I'm close to gaging. I don't really eat as much as I should.

Is there anyway to combat this or at least make it easier to cope with?

• Hugs
Reactions: kunikuzushi and Praestat_Mori
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
There's a few different strategies depending on how severe it is for you. If you're only able to eat a little bit at a time, eating multiple small snacks rather than a few big meals is a good strategy. It's also good for your metabolism. There have been times where I've been so food adverse though that even a couple bites was too much for me, so I had to get most of my calories from drinks. Probiotic yogurts are a good source of a lot of nutrients. Drink a lot of electrolyte drinks too. Honestly drink whatever tastes good too. A lot of people are adamant that only water is good for hydrating you, but sometimes you do need things like juices & sodas for their sugars. My grandma swears by milkshakes making everything better, so that's become one of the only things I can stomach when I'm at my lowest lol & all the fat and sugar is good when you're not eating. Make sure you supplement a lot with vitamins too because your balances will get thrown off, which can make you very ill

• Informative
Reactions: maneose, kunikuzushi, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
burner4242

burner4242

May 5, 2024
When I started abilify my appetite decreased and it gradually got better and same thing when I upped my dosage. Maybe it's a waiting game if you just started a new med?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and VampQueen
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
Try nutritional shakes like Ensure and Boost if solid food is not appetizing at the moment. Fill your diet with calorie dense yet nutritional food like peanut butter, nuts, avocado, full fat yogurt, etc. to avoid significant weight loss. It is different for everyone but I found chewing fruit flavored gum helpful. The minty ones however make the nausea worse.

Reactions: VampQueen