L

lifewillprevail

Oct 11, 2023
What makes you happy in life? What are some of the things that keep you going every day, that put a smile on your face, making it worth living this thing that we call life? Let me know, I'm curious to see where people on here find their happiness.

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, Mauve87, HighFlight and 1 other person
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I like to care about people and feel cared about.

• Hugs
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, Gleysson, HighFlight and 2 others
gyul

gyul

Oct 11, 2023
Besides the obvious things like laughing with friends or beign with my bf, probably when I go out of my house and the sky is just so clear, the weather is warm, the air feels pure, idk... I think sometimes peace equals happiness

• Love
Reactions: Gleysson and HighFlight
real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
Food sometimes, interesting movies or anime or whatever else. Sometimes life just lines up and things feel good, feel right. Not recently though.

• Hugs
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, wendy5c, Gleysson and 1 other person
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Happiness has been elusive for me over the past few years. But I find happiness in teaching others, watching them succeed and learning new things. The world can be an amazing place if you look a little closer.

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, wendy5c and Gleysson
G

Gleysson

Hey, you. You're finally awake
Oct 10, 2023
I have a similar point of view as HighFlight55. I love teaching, I love bringing a little piece of my world to others. I was born privileged, and I think it's my job to bring what others could not have to them. I work in public healthcare, so my patients are very vulnerable and usually my colleagues treat them like subhuman. I give them the treatment I had in private hospitals. Time, knowledge, instruction, patience. They always turn into a genuine smile. They feel seen. It's the best feeling ever. Like I'm meant to be there.

My dream in life is to win the lottery and just live in voluntary work. Bringing quality healthcare to those who don't have the access to it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kitch, lifewillprevail and HighFlight
L

lifewillprevail

Oct 11, 2023
I have a similar point of view as HighFlight55. I love teaching, I love bringing a little piece of my world to others. I was born privileged, and I think it's my job to bring what others could not have to them. I work in public healthcare, so my patients are very vulnerable and usually my colleagues treat them like subhuman. I give them the treatment I had in private hospitals. Time, knowledge, instruction, patience. They always turn into a genuine smile. They feel seen. It's the best feeling ever. Like I'm meant to be there.

My dream in life is to win the lottery and just live in voluntary work. Bringing quality healthcare to those who don't have the access to it.
You're an amazing person. I love that.

• Love
Reactions: HighFlight and Gleysson
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
the feeling of peace i long for. i want to believe that one day ill be happy and ill be loved and genuinely cared for. i hope one day i stop getting relief from the sighs but start getting it from just being alive.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
There's not so much anymore since I m getting deeper into depression. But I love animals and they make me smile for a short time, for example when I see them in the city with their owners (dogs) or when I meet a cat in the streets. It is so pure creatures.

Reactions: lifewillprevail
easyescape

easyescape

doomscroll 'til i die!
Oct 10, 2023
There's not so much anymore since I m getting deeper into depression. But I love animals and they make me smile for a short time, for example when I see them in the city with their owners (dogs) or when I meet a cat in the streets. It is so pure creatures.
nothing has made me happier than street kitties coming up to me to say hi c; the fact that i can't have pets makes it so much more special

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, lifewillprevail and Meteora
L

lifewillprevail

Oct 11, 2023
the feeling of peace i long for. i want to believe that one day ill be happy and ill be loved and genuinely cared for. i hope one day i stop getting relief from the sighs but start getting it from just being alive.
I hope you can find that eventually. Let me know if you need anything or if you just wanna talk and get some things off your chest. I care.

• Love
Reactions: carnivalforone
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Thanks for this prompt, OP.

I find a lot of happiness in the change of seasons, caring for plants, learning new things about stuff I'm into, and cooking nice meals for loved ones.

L

lifewillprevail

Oct 11, 2023
Thanks for this prompt, OP.

I find a lot of happiness in the change of seasons, caring for plants, learning new things about stuff I'm into, and cooking nice meals for loved ones.
I've actually never realized how happy I get when the seasons change, that's so underrated. I love it when it changes from warm to cold. Something comforting about the snow.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey