George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
Hey there, tonight I tied one end of my dressing gown to the bar in my wardrobe and the other round my neck. I knealt and started to see spots and my breathing sounded horrible, like gasping. How long does it take to fall unconscious? X

Saint-mal

Saint-mal

Aug 7, 2020
Of you do it right it should only be 10-15 second it sounds like you were not doing quite right. Also wouldn't use a dressing gown. I'm obviously new here also so my best advice would be to look at the "similar threads" underneath yours and learn as much h as you can before you try it again

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
You must suppress the carotid arteries otherwise it's not going to work.

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
When I've experimented with hanging (just wrapping a rope around my neck) I've been able to breathe fine. My vision went black then cleared again. maybe I wasn't strong enough. I'd say don't try with a dressing gown cord. It gave my neck rope burn when I tried it.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
How long did you hang for? I think the weird breathing is part of your bodies SI because it's trying it's best to breathe. I remember another user reporting that they also made similar sounds. So far whenever I've tried, my head feels like it's going to explode but my vision is fine so I know for sure I'm not doing it right.

Reactions: elfgyoza
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
@Maxtothemax the exploding feeling is compressing your jugular veins rather than carotid

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It can vary tbh. If the carotid artery is blocked it can take only seconds, but if not maybe up to several minutes.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
@Maxtothemax the exploding feeling is compressing your jugular veins rather than carotid
Yeah unfortunately I can't seem to compress those carotid arteries. I can make myself feel faint by pressing my fingers in really hard but doesn't work when I try it with my ligature

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I'm planning to use a leather belt tied to my wardrobe tube.