• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

cancerkid

Apr 25, 2018
why overthink hanging? people from all ages do it all the time even without the research, but to ensure sucess there are some things i wonder.

does it matter whether the rope is thick or thin?ive seen someone recommend a climbing rope, because its so strong that it wont break. but climbing ropes are pretty thin?

would a simple slip knot suffice?

Reactions: Cyanide
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Hanging is not my preference, but I find it amazing how so many people are able to just "figure it out." There are stories of little kids committing suicide by hanging themselves.

V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Hanging is my chosen method. Done right it will be almost painless and very easy. What many people don't know is that there are several ways to kill yourself by hanging. But there are 3 ways of dying from hanging:

1. If you have a fall long enough your neck will break and you will die instantaneously. This was the way they used to execute people in England. But measuring exact lenght of the rope is very difficult. If it's too long your head will be ripped of, and if it's too short your neck won't snap and you end up choking to death.

2. The noose around your neck will obstruct your wind-pipe and you will choke to death. Painfull.

3. The noose around your neck will block your arteries (but not the wind-pipe) from transporting blood with oxygen to the brain. You will loose consciousness within 15 seconds and if you maintain pressure for 15 minutes you're dead. This is the way I am planning to ctb. I will place the noose around my neck and make sure that when I lose consciousness I will fall forward so my body weight will maintain the pressure against the noose.

Last edited:
V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Here's a clip showing method 1. This clip is taken from the movie "The Last Hangman" (2005). It's about Albert Pierrepoint, England's most famous hangman. A professional. He was known for being very good at his work.

Last edited:
C

cancerkid

Apr 25, 2018
Hanging is my chosen method. Done right it will be almost painless and very easy. What many people don't know is that there are several ways to kill yourself by hanging. But there are 3 ways of dying from hanging:

1. If you have a fall long enough your neck will break and you will die instantaneously. This was the way they used to execute people in England. But measuring exact lenght of the rope is very difficult. If it's too long your head will be ripped of, and if it's too short your neck won't snap and you end up choking to death.

2. The noose around your neck will obstruct your wind-pipe and you will choke to death. Painfull.

3. The noose around your neck will block your arteries (but not the wind-pipe) from transporting blood with oxygen to the brain. You will loose consciousness within 15 seconds and if you maintain pressure for 15 minutes you're dead. This is the way I am planning to ctb. I will place the noose around my neck and make sure that when I lose consciousness I will fall forward so my body weight will maintain the pressure against the noose.

but dont most who hang themselves choke to death? i mean suicides in movies they mostly short drop from a chair and theres no way that is breaking their neck. also it seems in most cases really thick rope is used, so wonder how its going to end up with thin rope

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
but dont most who hang themselves choke to death?
Probably.

The sensation of asphyxiating is definitely not pleasing, but honestly I didn't find it all that painful when I tried it. Then again I didn't go all the way (otherwise I would be no more), so perhaps it gets more painful near the actual time of death.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Hanging is pretty reliable, it's just the suffering of going through with it which makes other methods more appealing.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018

but dont most who hang themselves choke to death? i mean suicides in movies they mostly short drop from a chair and theres no way that is breaking their neck. also it seems in most cases really thick rope is used, so wonder how its going to end up with thin rope

That's because hanging yourself from a chair is not the same as being executed by a professional hangman. As VanHeineken said, when hanging was the common method of executing people, the person would stand on a platform with the noose around their neck. The platform would have a section that fell away, and if the hangman used the correct length of rope, the person would die instantly from a broken neck, not strangulation. The hangman had to calculate the correct length of rope using the person's height and weight. It's not something you can do by yourself.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018

Yup, that's why you would pay the hangman, to make sure he calculated the correct length of rope.

By the way, how are you planning on blocking your carotid arteries? I know there are multiple methods described, but they seem somewhat complicated.

V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Yup, that's why you would pay the hangman, to make sure he calculated the correct length of rope.

By the way, how are you planning on blocking your carotid arteries? I know there are multiple methods described, but they seem somewhat complicated.

I will place the noose around my neck and press it as hard as I can without blocking the wind-pipe. It should be enough according to my research.

SleepItOff

SleepItOff

Would that I could
May 5, 2018
Strangulation caused brain damage for me (permanent spots in vision, tinnitus, etc.) so I'm hesitant to revisit it. Actual hanging didn't work out either, but that's mostly because I couldn't power past the panic

Last edited:
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Strangulation caused brain damage for me (permanent spots in vision, tinnitus, etc.) so I'm hesitant to revisit it. Actual hanging didn't work out either, but that's mostly because I couldn't power past the panic
Yeah, strangulation is really risky. I wouldn't recommend it. Hanging can also go wrong but I would say it is more reliable.

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
Killing the body is problably one of the easiest things to do.

Jump in front of a train. Jump off of the nearest tall hotel. Making a run for it should be enough. Put a sturdy rope around your neck, tie it to a tree and jump. Drink a gallon of bleach. Set yourself of fire holding a gasoline tank. Set a powerful grenade off in your mouth. C4 all around your head and press the button. Make an automatic machine that slices your neck with a katana(sounds decent actually)

Anyways, my point is. There are more things to it than just killing the body. Most people don't want to trsumatize those left behind too much. They want to leave a decent looking body behind. They also want it to be painless and comfortable. At least as much as possible. They also want to be ready for it mentally....etc

So much to it

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018

Using a ratchet strap should make failure impossible as long as you tighten it properly and pass out. 100% death. Only obstacle is being discovered early. (Need 1 hour to be 100%sure)

hotgarbage

hotgarbage

May 2, 2018
Killing the body is problably one of the easiest things to do.

Jump in front of a train. Jump off of the nearest tall hotel. Making a run for it should be enough. Put a sturdy rope around your neck, tie it to a tree and jump. Drink a gallon of bleach. Set yourself of fire holding a gasoline tank. Set a powerful grenade off in your mouth. C4 all around your head and press the button. Make an automatic machine that slices your neck with a katana(sounds decent actually)

Anyways, my point is. There are more things to it than just killing the body. Most people don't want to trsumatize those left behind too much. They want to leave a decent looking body behind. They also want it to be painless and comfortable. At least as much as possible. They also want to be ready for it mentally....etc

So much to it

I wouldn't say "killing the body" is something that's easy, especially not probably one of the easiest things to do.
Not only will the survival instinct kick in in about 90% of the methods you described, some of them are literally impossible to achieve. Like, mate, how can you get C4 that easily? How can you even get a katana, and how the fuck do you make a decapitation machine with it? Things like explosives and swords aren't that easy to obtain, you know.

And the bleach, fire, jumping, hanging and train methods? Fire is agonizing. Bleach isn't effective and also hurts a whole fucking lot. Most don't have the courage to jump in front of a train. That thing moves pretty damn fast and is guaranteed to leave a bloody mess. Jumping has a pretty high chance of failure. Getting hanging right is difficult and if done wrong, you can end up with some serious injuries.

My point is: No, it's not easy.