• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

St. Ahithophel

St. Ahithophel

II Samuel‬ ‭17:23
Dec 18, 2023
I wear three different scarves and I can probably find more lying around. Scarves are like part of my aesthetic or whatever. If I were to take all my scarves and twist them into one ligature, would it likely be a strong enough ligature to hang myself with? I weigh 145lb and I would be hanging myself off of a high bridge.

Sorry if this is an idiot question — like, if the answer is obviously no.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Seems real hit or miss. Not obviously no. Could possibly be accomplished but I wouldn't feel comfortable that it would work. If the scarves don't hold your weight, how far is the drop from the bridge? Far enough for fall to kill you if scarves don't hold?

Reactions: St. Ahithophel
St. Ahithophel

St. Ahithophel

II Samuel‬ ‭17:23
Dec 18, 2023
Seems real hit or miss. Not obviously no. Could possibly be accomplished but I wouldn't feel comfortable that it would work. If the scarves don't hold your weight, how far is the drop from the bridge? Far enough for fall to kill you if scarves don't hold?
The bridge's precipice falls down onto a shallow river with jagged rocks — probably about 50ft or so. I might kill me, but it's unlikely. And if it doesn't kill it, it'll land me in a state of agony with no benefit of death. Also, only one of my scarves is very long. The rest would be holding me from a pretty short distance. Would that cause a problem because of SI?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You should use a rope and if you plan long-drop you need a rope.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
And I don't know if scarves are sufficiently strong enough.
Wouldn't trust them to be. Good strong hemp ropes.
Also any outdoor spots risk being seen and someone intervening

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I wear three different scarves and I can probably find more lying around. Scarves are like part of my aesthetic or whatever. If I were to take all my scarves and twist them into one ligature, would it likely be a strong enough ligature to hang myself with? I weigh 145lb and I would be hanging myself off of a high bridge.

Sorry if this is an idiot question — like, if the answer is obviously no.
Pretty sure Anthony Bourdain hung himself with one scarf from a door/knob. Not sure if he took drugs first, can't remember. Anyway, best of luck.

Reactions: fairyspine
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Pretty sure Anthony Bourdain hung himself with one scarf from a door/knob. Not sure if he took drugs first, can't remember. Anyway, best of luck.
A belt from a bathrobe, and no drugs.
Sorry, just wanted to set the record straight.

Reactions: rozeske
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Anthony Bourdain was in the shower with a robe belt. Kate Spade used a scarf from a door knob.