I

Insert a name

Sep 13, 2018
Hi new member here. Planning on using partial suspension hanging and wondering on what materials work as a rope. Would guylines and/or dressing gown belt thing (2.5cm wide, 0.5cm thick) work?

Reactions: Trashcan
D

Deleted member 847

If you already have it can't you just test it with your hands?

I

Insert a name

Sep 13, 2018
Put your hand trough the noose and try to apply as much pressure as you can
So if I can't break it with my hands it's ok? I've read before about people going unconscious but the rope breaking after thth which I obviously want to avoid

D

Deleted member 847

So if I can't break it with my hands it's ok? I've read before about people going unconscious but the rope breaking after thth which I obviously want to avoid
Yes but while you do that, you want to move your whole body backwards.(That's how I tested my chain+scarf set up)

D

Deleted member 847

How do you know if it will work? I have a rope at home and might switch over to hanging.
Science? The point is to apply the same pressure you'd apply if you were hanging yourself, but without hanging yourself. If nothing breaks, the rope is good

Reactions: lv-gras
I

Insert a name

Sep 13, 2018
Yes but while you do that, you want to move your whole body backwards.(That's how I tested my chain+scarf set up)

Ok thanks I understand.

One other question which is probably a stupid one. How do I attatc the other end of the rope to the bar? I guess there are lots of methods

I

Insert a name

Sep 13, 2018
Slip knot

Oh ok. I'm also kind of confused about the position the noose should be in. The bar is about 1.3m off the base of the wardrobe. Is the noose supposed to be hanging and then I'm in a sort of squatting position off the ground?

D

Deleted member 847

Oh ok. I'm also kind of confused about the position the noose should be in. The bar is about 1.3m off the base of the wardrobe. Is the noose supposed to be hanging and then I'm in a sort of squatting position off the ground?
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-fail-at-hanging-yourself.4364/