• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

winechateu

winechateu

Dec 4, 2020
so my depression meds literally make my psyche worse than it was before i tried to ctb the first time.
i feel like my thoughts are not my thoughts and some demon is just waiting to take over what i have left of my conscience.
i have difficulty living now because my brain is constantly thinking of ctb even when i dont want to think about it.
umm anyone relate to that or am i just crazy??

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I was in the same situation when I was on Elontril. I also felt super sick and nausea all the time and I couldn't function properly and do daily stuff like going to school etc. I had to lay in bed for a week till the meds left my body completely. It was a disaster

Reactions: winechateu
constant_grief

constant_grief

Nov 25, 2020
That's why I have always refused meds for my depression, despite doctors/therapists saying I should consider them. Too many potential complications and side-effects.. ironic given that these drugs are supposed to help you. But they are dolled out by medical companies for huge profits so doctors hand them out like candy.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
That's why I have always refused meds for my depression, despite doctors/therapists saying I should consider them. Too many potential complications and side-effects.. ironic given that these drugs are supposed to help you. But they are dolled out by medical companies for huge profits so doctors hand them out like candy.
I mean some meds definitely help me but you can't trust every doctor and it's Better to also do your research when you get new meds.
Idk where you're from but meds are pretty strictly given here, a lot of US meds are not even sold here and they won't just give you anything

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Increased suicidal thoughts are a side effect of many antidepressants and that's a fact. You should wait to see if it subsides, or if it's too much for you, you can always change to something else. Plenty of people change meds because of bad side effects. E.g. duloxetine gave me terrible insomnia. SSRIs gave me emotional numbing. Trazodone made me literally so weak I couldn't walk a few steps without feeling exhausted. Reboxetine gave me sexual dysfunction. Other meds did nothing.

It's inevitable that side effects may occur. Some pass with time, like suicidal thoughts. Don't be discouraged, though. You can always stop taking the meds if it's a low dose. Don't hesitate to call your doctor if the side effects are severe.

Typically, an average person does not get severe side effects. It's worth the risk.

Strangely enough, for me, the side effects felt like they spiced up my life a bit. I find it fun to have a story to tell.

Reactions: winechateu
winechateu

winechateu

Dec 4, 2020
oh my gosh. my psychiatrist who prescribed them gave out any medicine to patients in the psych ward. i have sleeping problem too and he was giving me sedative that made me feel like i was high

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
oh my gosh. my psychiatrist who prescribed them gave out any medicine to patients in the psych ward. i have sleeping problem too and he was giving me sedative that made me feel like i was high
You don't like being high?
What sedative, out of curiosity?

winechateu

winechateu

Dec 4, 2020
You don't like being high?
What sedative, out of curiosity?
i smoke weed and it makes me more talkative but this sedative just wasnt it. i forgot the name but my doctor said it was a sedative that was used as an antidepressant in the 1990's so after doing research i believe it was Trazodone. i have an article link if youd like

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Trazadone is very commonly written for sleep issues.

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
i smoke weed and it makes me more talkative but this sedative just wasnt it. i forgot the name but my doctor said it was a sedative that was used as an antidepressant in the 1990's so after doing research i believe it was Trazodone. i have an article link if youd like
I know all about Trazodone, I had it prescribed and my mother currently does. It works for her but for me it sucked. Might suck for you too in that case.
I hear they also prescribe antipsychotics for sleep issues. Quetiapine and levomepromazine are common. Side effects from antipsychotics suck. Chances are you might not get any, though. Research well and talk to your doctor.