devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
a man in my hometown committed suicide this morning by jumping off a parking garage..
ever since I heard the news, it's all I've been thinking about. is it bad to be jealous of someone I've never met because he was actually able to work up the courage to do it? I admire him and his ability to go through with it.
I really wish my SI would shut the hell up so I can do it, it's the only thing holding me back.

• Hugs
Reactions: raindrops, Lara Francis, AnxietyAttack44 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Yeah, I guess we all tend to get jealous of people like that one way or another. SI is the worst thing honestly!
Sorry the event put you in such a mood. How tall was the parking, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and devil
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah, I guess we all tend to get jealous of people like that one way or another. SI is the worst thing honestly!
Sorry the event put you in such a mood. How tall was the parking, if you don't mind me asking?
It was 10 stories, so I'm not sure how tall that is exactly.

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Always jealous when I hear of things like this. Or even better, people dying in car accidents and such. That way your friends/family don't have to suffer with the knowledge that you killed yourself.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix, devil and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
It was 10 stories, so I'm not sure how tall that is exactly.
That sounds high enough. Yeah, I am wondering on that, for more research I guess. I know it depends on how you fall too, but, back to the topic - I sometimes find myself admiring people that have managed too.

Reactions: devil and AnxietyAttack44
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
a man in my hometown committed suicide this morning by jumping off a parking garage..
ever since I heard the news, it's all I've been thinking about. is it bad to be jealous of someone I've never met because he was actually able to work up the courage to do it? I admire him and his ability to go through with it.
I really wish my SI would shut the hell up so I can do it, it's the only thing holding me back.
I'm the same exact way. I feel crazy

• Aww..
Reactions: Isadeth, devil, AnxietyAttack44 and 1 other person
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
And we always have to keep in mind that different people have different strength of SI.
Also, SI depends on the method. There are some methods which are extremely scary even long before CTB, right before it might be even more terrifying.
Of course, there is one more aspect. We can have some doubts of whether we need it or not. The more you have doubts, the more resistance you can get.

Reactions: devil and Deleted member 19276
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I'm jealous of them succeeding and them having access to such spots.

Reactions: raindrops, Deleted member 19276, devil and 1 other person
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Feeling jealous is normal I think. I know I felt and still feel great jealousy towards my father in law that ctb recently.

Reactions: sweetness, Deleted member 19276, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
x51391225x

x51391225x

Jul 1, 2020
I feel more jealousy for accidental deaths, like car accidents etc.

Reactions: sweetness and Deleted member 19276
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
from Quora -
If you assume that floor to ceiling height is 9 to 10 feet, then the height of 10 story will be between 90 to 100 feet.
Add to this the terrace height of about 5 feet and we get 95 to 105 feet. One more factor is to be taken into account and that is the floor thickness.
Typical floor thickness is 6 inches. So for 10 floors, add another 10x6 inches = 60/12 = 5 feet. Therefore,

Total height of a 10 story building = 100 to 110 feet

the cliff I want to jump from is 104m (341ft)
my problem is how will I know I am at the highest point :/