• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Gun or SN?

• Gun

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • SN

Votes: 27 47.4%

• Total voters
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Honestly, I think I'd use a gun. Just put it in the mouth and shoot the stem, I've heard that's all that needs to be done. Feels like it'd be a quick death. But I don't know, I haven't' researched it much. Maybe I'm too influenced by movies.

prim

prim

pretty boy
Feb 28, 2023
if i got all the meds needed to guarantee the poison would kill me i would do SN, otherwise gun.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
D

doublecupj

Jul 12, 2022
12 guage shotgun with 00 buckshot, from all the research I've done, is essentially instant and painless. You pull that trigger and the lights are turned off. Even if you don't directly hit the brainstem, the shockwave and sheer energy of that blast alone will be enough to explode your head, rendering you totally unconscious.

With SN, you have to hope your dosage is correct, that you don't vomit, that your anxiety doesn't make you back out, and so on. Then there's the chance you could experience discomfort while waiting for it to work.

I prefer the good ole shotgun. It's tried, tested, and true for the last 450 years. Very, very, *VERY* few failures with this method, that often get overblown on sites like this.

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Gun 110 %, which is actually my method. Why? I can't stand the fact of " waiting " for the SN to do me in, watching the light fade out....... IF... it even works ?

Where with a well placed shot..... Boom, I'm Done. Gone. Seems much more peaceful Imo.

Last edited:
aforestfire

aforestfire

"for truly, i am no longer a part of the world."
Dec 17, 2022
i read so many stories of people that survived an attempt by shooting themselves, it's such a traumatic experience, some of them are incapable of even trying again due to major damage both physically and mentally.
i would go by sn, definitely.

Zetsubou

Zetsubou

Friend of Despair
Mar 16, 2023
I picked gun in the poll just because it's super easy to get one where I live, but I'm not sure if this would be my method. I'm not good with pain, so my biggest fear is a failed attempt that will leave me crippled and in agony. SN seems less traumatic, but it could still fail if I got the dosage wrong.

poa.alpina

poa.alpina

i'm a grass!
Mar 11, 2023
If I had access to firearms I definitely would use one. That's not the case, so SN is my method of choice. I mean, I could go to a shooting range, but I would be apprehended before I'd put the gun up my chin.

magicbus77

magicbus77

Waitin on the 🚌
Mar 12, 2023
I will go with hit by train ..I don't have the balls to do gun and sn would make me too nervous..

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I would personally prefer the SN method. SN is a reliable poison that many people have succeeded with and it's a reliable way to exit if done correctly. The gun method just sounds brutal and like it would be more difficult to overcome the SI with. I would also fear the gun method somehow going wrong and leading to more damage which is why I would choose SN.

Reactions: leavingsoon99
G

GoForDeath

Oct 7, 2021
Personally I would go for a gun, as I believe it's the nicer option of the two. With a gun I'd be able to end it almost instantly, as long as I'm careful where I shoot.

H

HopelessSoul

trapped in an endless hell loop
Jan 23, 2023
The gun, I have extreme aversion to nausea and vomiting, and it is a lot faster than poisoning, though more messy, but doesn't matter too much since I would be dead.

Last edited:
  • Love
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
Living in the UK it's near impossible to use a gun, that and the inexperience of using a highly powered weapon. I've shot air rifles and an assault rifle in Army Cadets. I probably would choose a gun however if I was in a couple try with more relaxed gun laws

pillow933

pillow933

Student
Mar 7, 2020
SN. Even if I had the means to acquire a gun, the possibility of you positioning it incorrectly and being in the position with serious life altering injuries is something I'd rather not live with. SN also has the added benefit (although questionable), of really testing your SI in the moments after you take it. If suicide is something you really want, I think SN allows you to reaffirm that, and if you think it was a mistake you had least have some opportunity to rectifiy your situation and call for help.

N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
Personally I wouldn't want to use either. SN takes too long in my opinion and guns simply scare me. But if I had to choose between the two I would certainly use a gun as success seems a lot more likely.

D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I have a gun but it seemscim really afraid to use it and don't want to leave someone to clean up the mess. I've considered shooting myself outside but someone will have to find me. There's also the possibility of not hitting the spot
I've recently considered getting sn as a back-up but it doesn't sound like the grandest idea either.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Gun. When the time comes, pulling the trigger will the the last-and-final test if I really want to ctb.

With SN I'd take it and quickly get very spooked. Waiting for death to come (waiting for poison), instead of coming to death.
It's also 100% effective if your not a retard who can't aim it to their own brain.

It's odd most people suggest aiming for the brainstem. Hitting the hippocampus with a slug at point-blank would OBBLITERATE the entire brain, and the bloodloss from fucking up the cluster of arteries there is also fatal.

Reactions: HopelessSoul