Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
the concept of the word "gullible" never made sense to me.

you think im "gullible" when really i was trusting. i trusted that you werent going to be a jackass but then you turned around laughed in my face, called me names and IM the issue.

this world is so fucked up and backwards!!!

am i the only one that no longer trusts not even trusted sources because of this??

like the other day i came across a "distraction post" from a trusted person offering a doom scrolling distraction. and my instant thought was "the image theyre asking me to look for isnt going to be there. theyre just laughing at me if i open this" but they werent. the little elephant was hidden there as promised.

i just have no trust because the world is over run by jackasses! i cant turn in any direction without fear of being laughed at, ridiculed.....for being trusting...for being caring.....
BUT IM THE FUCKING ISSUE.

i always say its not the people that need therapy that need therapy. its the fucking assholes that think its funny to make people that need therapy that needs therapy.
we just need a hug and less of them lol

Last edited:
Reactions: dogteeth and LifeQuitter
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
I cannot affect the large amount of people who want to exploit others, but I can learn to not trust them - I can learn to not be gullible.

To me gullibility is to trust people who don't you shouldn't trust. The opposite would be cynicism, with its own drawbacks. Choosing between extremes, I think gullible people do better. The problem is not about being trusting or caring. Those are highly valued traits.
The real problem is to strike a balance, in whatever situation you are. The world is a very mixed bag, of good and bad.