Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
I've been entrusted to deliver @GuessWhosBack 's final remarks to this forum. I'll also add some of my own input but I'll be intentionally vague about certain details. Don't worry, it's good news. Although I hate to see him go and I'll miss him, I hope I never see that punk ass bitch again on this forum 🥲

He's in recovery and mentioned multiple times that he was no longer suicidal, so I think it's safe to assume that he's doing well. He was reluctant to check himself into the psych ward at first and for the first few days he was ambivalent about whether that was the right decision. Then, he made a breakthrough last week. He was able to tolerate the medication that he was prescribed, engage fully with therapy, and even meet someone that might become a lifelong friend in real life. His parents, who he likely thought didn't care about him, stepped up for the first time - better late than never. In the past few days, he actually had a good time in the psych ward and got along with the staff members as well as most of the patients. He'll be stepping away from SS indefinitely despite the fact that he met some really awesome people on here, because he considers that a necessary step in his recovery. I wish that motherfucker all the best and I hope he conquers the fucking world.

A few days before he voluntarily went to the psych ward, he sent me a DM, told me that he resigned from his job, and revealed his plans to CTB as well as his method, which was highly lethal but also gruesome. I told him that I respected his decision, but that it was not the outcome anyone would want for him. He seemed to have his mind made up at that time, and it is not my place to talk someone out of suicide if they're making a rational and informed decision. However, out of the blue, he messaged me and asked me whether I would voluntarily check myself in at the psych ward if I was in his situation. This was when I figured that he likely had second thoughts about his decision to CTB. I answered as honestly as possible, and said yes, even though I knew that he could end up with even more trauma from the psychiatric ward if he listened to my advice. I knew that I could potentially make the situation worse, but as soon as he seemed like he started having second thoughts, I knew there was a possibility of getting through to him.

He agreed to go to the psych ward voluntarily, under the conditions that I stay sober, take recovery from my own issues seriously, and give therapy another real chance - actually engage with therapy instead of simply going through the motions. I kept my promise and I intend to continue doing so. I know he can't verify whether I've actually been taking care of my physical and mental health, but I'm genuinely also ready to try my best to recover, because this is probably the best chance I will ever have in this life. He told me that it would take a miracle for him to come out of this whole situation alive, but now he's the one who left me behind on this forum to pursue recovery. How the tables have turned. Maybe a miracle did happen. Or maybe it wasn't a miracle, but just a testament to how resilient this stoopid idiot is.

People can call me pro-life and hate me for doing this all they want. I don't care and I know I did right by him. I saw that he had a potential second thought about CTB, and I knew that it was not SI. I knew that a small part of him wanted to entertain the possibility of turning things around and living a full life. He was a true friend and I'll willingly be shunned by the entire forum if it means that he's going to be ok. I have very few close friends but there is a whole lot I'm willing to do for people that really matter to me. Ruining my reputation on this forum is an inconsequential price to pay if it means I convinced him to do something that saved his own life.

I used to jokingly say that I had an evil plan to keep recommending new books to him, so that he never gets to CTB after finishing his reading list. Well, it looks like my evil plan worked after all, in a slightly different way. I win, bitch. But you win too. Enjoy your fucking prize and have a goooooooood life, you crayon eater. I knew you could do it all along, and I'm grateful for the privilege of being your friend for the past few weeks. Maybe one day we'll run into each other on a forum related to careers in STEM, without even knowing it. Whatever happens, I hope you're out there living your best life despite all the hardships you've been through. I have faith that you can weather the storm and live out the remainder of your life in relative peace. Love you bro. Godspeed, motherfucker.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, wren-briar, alienfreak and 6 others
becfr0g

becfr0g

cruel to keep living, burdensome to die
Sep 30, 2024
This is so beautiful! Ive got no clue who he is but this post has made me happy and proud for him. I know how hard it is to choose life, and it sounds like hes kicking ass ! Good for him !

Reactions: wren-briar
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Wow, the first few words in that topic line were good for a scare.

Thank you for sharing this with us! You really did right by him in a big way. I'm so glad he had somebody like you to trust and confide in.

He always put off big-time good vibes as a member here, so I'll definitely miss his presence around here.

But I'm so glad to hear he's in recovery.

I wish that motherfucker all the best and I hope he conquers the fucking world.
I'll echo this. Well, you know... mostly... I'm... probably not quite on terms with him enough to greet him as a "motherfucker" but, otherwise, yeah, what you said.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
This is so beautiful! Ive got no clue who he is but this post has made me happy and proud for him. I know how hard it is to choose life, and it sounds like hes kicking ass ! Good for him !
Wow, the first few words in that topic line were good for a scare.

Thank you for sharing this with us! You really did right by him in a big way. I'm so glad he had somebody like you to trust and confide in.

He always put off big-time good vibes as a member here, so I'll definitely miss his presence around here.

But I'm so glad to hear he's in recovery.
He's one of the most wholesome members of SS for sure and I wish him all the best. I enjoyed bantering with him. He was always so nice and never said anything mean to anyone.

As a healthcare worker and as his friend I couldn't just stand by and watch him kill himself, knowing that he showed even one potential second thought.

I'll echo this. Well, you know... mostly... I'm... probably not quite on terms with him enough to greet him as a "motherfucker" but, otherwise, yeah, what you said.

He and I called each other worse things than that in DM all the time but I shouldn't repeat some of those words here. I'm so happy for him and I hope that he never comes back.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wren-briar, mango-meridian and -Link-
Somethingswrong

Somethingswrong

Sep 28, 2024
I'm so happy form them!!! I hope they live a long happy life!

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
I'm so happy form them!!! I hope they live a long happy life!
He's partly responsible for saving my life in August, when I tried to CTB. The least I can do to repay him is convince him to act on the second thoughts and give treatment one last chance, instead of giving up and CTB. I have no regrets.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar and Somethingswrong
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
I'm so happy for him!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰
I don't regret opening up to him or becoming his friend, even though I knew that our friendship was going to be temporary and we would never see each other again in a matter of a few months, tops. I'm just glad that I got to know him and be part of his journey to recovery.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar and CatLvr
C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
I don't regret opening up to him or becoming his friend, even though I knew that our friendship was going to be temporary and we would never see each other again in a matter of a few months, tops. I'm just glad that I got to know him and be part of his journey to recovery.
THIS is the kind of story the reporters slinking around here need to focus on!

I mean I came here looking to button up my choice(s) of ctb and now I'm hanging around just to give back to the site that literally saved my life. I've NEVER interacted on an internet forum (or chat room -- yep I am THAT old lol) or even with people FTF that I have ever been as welcomed and understood. And more importantly not judged. Y'all took me at face value and now I have a few new friends.

I just hope that if anyone EVER wants to chat will holler at me. And I'll chet about anything -- about about their choice to ctb, their choice of method, or whether their cat really loves them or not 😉, or anything else they want to chat about. I may not be able to solve anyone's problems but I can sure sympathize ... 🤷

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
THIS is the kind of story the reporters slinking around here need to focus on!

I mean I came here looking to button up my choice(s) of ctb and now I'm hanging around just to give back to the site that literally saved my life. I've NEVER interacted on an internet forum (or chat room -- yep I am THAT old lol) or even with people FTF that I have ever been as welcomed and understood. And more importantly not judged. Y'all took me at face value and now I have a few new friends.

I just hope that if anyone EVER wants to chat will holler at me. And I'll chet about anything -- about about their choice to ctb, their choice of method, or whether their cat really loves them or not 😉, or anything else they want to chat about. I may not be able to solve anyone's problems but I can sure sympathize ... 🤷
I'm so glad I joined SS. I won't be interacting with any content related to CTB because I find that it's not good for my mental health. I'm still going to interact with the recovery forum for now, but one day I might also decide to take a break from SS, and I may or may not pop in every now and then.

I lurked on here for years before finally making an account. Honestly, I think I would have ended up CTB if I never made an account and met some people on here who convinced me to give recovery one more chance. I owe my life partly to the people here who believed in me and continuously told me I can get through it all.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar and CatLvr
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
@Lady Laudanum

I'm still planning to CTB, but I am a massive proponent of "choice" in the matter. You supported his choices, regardless of the potential outcomes, and for that, I've got mad respect for you!

Also, if you do end up chatting with him again, please tell him, from one crayon eater to another, to please enjoy his crayons! 🖍️😋 😜

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
@Lady Laudanum

I'm still planning to CTB, but I am a massive proponent of "choice" in the matter. You supported his choices, regardless of the potential outcomes, and for that, I've got mad respect for you!

Also, if you do end up chatting with him again, please tell him, from one crayon eater to another, to please enjoy his crayons! 🖍️😋 😜
I'm the biggest crayon eater on this forum and you're not allowed to argue me about whether that's true. I'm a very big crayon eater in a small body.

If he never showed any second thoughts about his plan to CTB, I likely would not have said anything because at the end of the day whether he wants to live or not is his choice, despite what I would obviously want him to do. However, I think that if he showed a sign of hesitation that was not really due to last-minute SI, but the fact that maybe he wasn't 100% ready to leave, I made the right call by telling him to go for it when he asked about treatment.