Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Is there anything that lives rent free in your mind?

A thought you constantly have?

A person you can't stop thinking about?

A place or event that's stuck in your mind?

A deep worry about something in your life?

For me, it's the control that i'm forced to relinquish to the uncertainty of life.
The people I love will die. Problems will always come. You can try to prepare but it's futile.
Constant worry about trying to mitigate disaster in my life and spare myself needly suffering. Yikes.

What about you?

ETVG7eVNnud8Y

• Love
Reactions: Davey36000, Neverfeltdeader, leavingthesoultrap and 2 others
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

No story, no plot, nothing.
May 29, 2023
Honestly, it all just seems so pointless in the grand scheme of things. You can spend your whole life filling up your book with stories, memories, people, and all things in between, yet I'll eventually die like everyone else.

Reactions: Sleeper System and divinemistress36
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Death, I guess?
Not to be edgy, but also death.
i can't stop thinking about my cat, but i doubt that's what youre looking for. I am a bit detached even to those I consider friends.
A couple. My elementary school where all my pain started and the hospital I was in during one of my past attempts. More recently I've been thinking of my nn attempt, but it'll pass.
I fear the future. I can't envision it and I am used to nothing going are planned. It scares me.

Reactions: Sleeper System
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I think a lot about the man I loved in school, and still love. We live in different worlds now, separated by over a thousand miles. He's probably forgotten all about me and the wonderful time we had together, but I'm okay with that. I always expected our love to be an ephemeral flame. We're not long for this world anyways, and I'm not the person he was in love with anymore, and neither is he, probably.

I also worry about my sweet cat a lot. Shes not even elderly. in cat years, she's probably only a bit older than me. She's mostly healthy, just eats too fast and hates slow feeders, but I still am terrified of the day she'll die. This cat has been my everything for too long.

There's many more silly things that live rent free in my head, the traumas we remember, the haunting lack of memories for those we don't, financial concerns, and also silly things, like how astarion is such a pretty character. I'm an existential nihilist, and while that certainly does come with spirals of "oh god nothing I'll ever do matters and no one cares :(", it also comes with the moments of "ah. nothing matters in the grand scheme of things, it's okay :)" when I do silly things that upset me.

There's also the constant thought of "oh god I wanna die pls kill me" but of course, I feel like that's to be expected here.

• Love
S

saddo

Apr 22, 2023
I think mine is just feeling like a total failure at life. It's just a really strong feeling of just feeling horrible about myself and thoughts about being a loser/ failing at everything. It just stays with me and I just sit around unable to focus on anything and feeling horrible. I'm in my 50s now and it's worse than ever. Another one is just that feeling that nothing can help me. I'm just too messed up. If anything would've helped it probably would've happened by now.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
The thought of how I'll be in peace once I'm dead
The thought of how I'll be in peace once I'm dead
No
No
I'm worried that I'm still forced to suffer in this life because I'm still alive

H

hurting

Jan 18, 2024
Hopelessness due to poverty and medical disability. This is what controls my mind.

S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
Just what could have been. If my parents never got divorced. If I had married "her" in the mid-1990s. If my psychological childhood trauma didn't lead to all my reckless, stupid behaviors and bad decisions at every turn. Really sucks just going through the motions everyday, for a LONG time.

Reactions: Sleeper System and leavingthesoultrap
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
All I keep thinking about is death and me at my shrink's office telling her everything I think just because I sometimes feel like I would like to say it all out loud to someone else than me, but I can't do it anywhere outside my imagination cause I don't want anyone to know how dark it gets in there in between my ears. I also love imagining everyone's reaction to my death. I lived in a small town where everyone knows each other so they will all find out about it and I can't stop imagining their shocked faces lol I've always been so shy and quiet and then boom I'm the topic number one

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader and Sleeper System
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yeah. I am worried that death is not the end. And I will be forced to live another life of misery here in the facility called planet Earth.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Sleeper System
DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023

When I die, I won't have to deal with any of this.

I won't be able to be myself no matter what. I had to hide how I felt from people my entire life. I feel like people around me value fitting into a mold more than being yourself. Online is the only place I can be myself. In real life I don't even feel human anymore. I always feel like the body I am in isn't mine, if I look myself in the mirror I tell myself, this isn't me, it's like my body is just a vessel for a brain that didn't want to be in there.

My best friend.

I don't have that many since my memory is fucked up. A more recent one is me stopping my self-denial about myself. I don't feel like a human being, yet I still try to interact with humans and identify with them, something makes me feel disconnected from them, especially people of my gender.

If I go on living I won't be able to adapt to human society, something will still feel missing, and death will feel more appealing then as well. It feels like no matter what steps I take, my mind will still want to die.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
My mind's blank nothing lives rent free in there anymore.

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader and Sleeper System
ATort

ATort

Jan 27, 2024
Started seeing an enby I met at work that was a customer (liqour store/retail) I'm in a polly relationship with a primary partner for over 7 yrs and something happened that crossed some lines in our relationship, I hurt both people. And myself in the process. But one thing that messes with me the most is that I'm mostly hurting over the newer person i started seeing and feel like I destroyed my opportunity for my perfect partner had things played out better and I could communicate like a normal person. So basically I can't stop thinking about them non stop.

Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
Fear-based thoughts live in my head rent free. I have also created this perfect imaginary version of myself that I constantly daydream about.

almondmilk

almondmilk

And you know, for you, I'd bleed myself dry
Mar 7, 2023
ctb
what if things were different
my parents ( i love them to death honestly) my ex (i miss him so bad)
idk, i tend to disassociate and blurr stuff that make me feel shitty
for short-term , tomorrow's job interview , but for long term , how tf am i gonna deal with this pathetic loneliness and emptiness

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
What lives rent free in my head 24x7 is guilt and regrets.
I fucked my life up all by myself, and while I was doing it, I never realized I was doing so.

M

mark404

Jan 11, 2024
For me what lives rent free is constant anxiety about whether I'll be able to make it through the day without fucking up at my job, not having any health problems, no emergencies/accidents, etc.. Honestly I just wish I could be safe lol.