plast1c_sk1n

plast1c_sk1n

✘ no longer human ✘
Jul 4, 2024
Hello everyone, I drove past a beautiful cemetery the other day & have been wanting to go back and visit it ever since and was wondering if that would be okay considering I don't know any of the people buried there.

I've never had someone close to me die so I'm not sure if it would be seen as disrespectful. I'd like to bring a couple bouquets so I can place flowers on the graves and maybe something to clean the tombstones with if they're dusty or dirty.

Would this be okay for me to do? Is there anything I should be aware of beforehand? What kinds of flowers should I put?

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, etherealspring and 3 others
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Might depend on culture. I'd consider it to be very kind.

Reactions: plast1c_sk1n
LittleMoose

LittleMoose

~When I die, I'll keep the angels by your side~
Aug 2, 2024
I don't believe it's disrespectful at all to visit! I think it's great to have life in a cemetery, as long as you are respectful to the dead. I personally wouldn't use chemicals to clean any graves, it could damage the stones.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and plast1c_sk1n
plast1c_sk1n

plast1c_sk1n

✘ no longer human ✘
Jul 4, 2024
I don't believe it's disrespectful at all to visit! I think it's great to have life in a cemetery, as long as you are respectful to the dead. I personally wouldn't use chemicals to clean any graves, it could damage the stones.
Thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind! :)

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Yes, I think this should be fine. I walk through cemeteries on the regular and have found it to be an edifying experience. It also might give you a good idea as to what you want on your own tombstone (if applicable).

plast1c_sk1n

plast1c_sk1n

✘ no longer human ✘
Jul 4, 2024
Yes, I think this should be fine. I walk through cemeteries on the regular and have found it to be an edifying experience. It also might give you a good idea as to what you want on your own tombstone (if applicable).
That's very true, I hadn't even thought about that! Thank you for the idea :)

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's a lovely idea personally. There have even been cases where people have tended to unknown gravestones (to them) on a regular basis- much to the surprise of relatives. They probably wondered if they had secret lives but, a lot of the time, I think it's just out of kindness.

I've sat in graveyards just to cry on occassions. Most of my family have been cremated. Must be quite nice to have somewhere to go specifically.

But, so long as people aren't being disrespectful, why shouldn't they go? They can be very peaceful places.

• Hugs
Reactions: plast1c_sk1n and Alexei_Kirillov
Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
No one can stop you from going to a graveyard, at least in europe or america it should be public property.

abigail

abigail

trying to get better for him ~
Aug 10, 2024
As long as you don't trample on the grave sites themselves, I believe it would be very peaceful & respectful.

As for flowers, I think that's a wonderful idea.