L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
My mom had substance use issues in college then ended up on a medication carousel not too long after I was born. She got me on an antidepressant and antipsychotic when I was only 5 years old even after psychologists said there was nothing wrong with me.

I'd just like to say. They ruined my mind and ruined my body. I have dysphoria and severe impatience due to the antidepressants. And despite me being a former multi-sport athlete, I have permanent gynecomastia and love handles And stretch marks. Due to the antipsychotic.

Even the freaking psychiatrists say to get off them after like 6 months but my mom refused and was adamant I had a "chemical imbalance" or some BS she bought into from Big Pharma advertising.

I'm sure all these pills have their uses, but I'm a 25 year old guy and have been on them for 17 years out of my biological existence. Not just one pill or one type. But all of them.

And the worst offender of them all may be benzodiazepines. Those gave me neurological problems and severe dependence/withdrawal. ALL THESE at the direction of my mom.

God it's so upsetting. I almost wish I could dox that wench just so somebody could make her life as miserable as she's made mine.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer, greyismyfavecolor, wrongreality and 15 others
Butterflyshadow

Butterflyshadow

Student
Nov 19, 2020
Damn how do I understand you ... last year i was very stressed and i took xanax ... all because of a generic doctor after having told them that I was stressed he prescribed it to me, without indicating exactly how much I should take he told me that if I wanted I could take even more drops. besides, xanax is prescribed for panic attacks wich I had never had in my life. plus he told me that it is not addictive and that I could stop when I wanted. instead it gave me an addiction and an absurd withdrawal ... it was hell, luckily after a week of abuse I finally stopped ... but it was really painful. This because of irresponsible people who throw drugs on people as if they were candy.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: foreverlikethestars, Wrennie, demuic and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I'm sorry brother, giving antipsychotics, antidepressants and benzos to a kid is completely irresponsible.
Saying that your mother ruined your life is completely appropriate.
They're useful for some people but only when given by a cautious and responsible psychiatrist.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, demuic, ohhgeeitsme and 4 others
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Anti-psychotics rot your brain
I know. They kill enjoyment of music even somehow. I've taken em for 17 years and I'm supposed to still be a "young guy". Never had any type of psychotic disorder but whatever. Seems my life was sealed and done at 5 years old. I'm on borrowed time now.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer, foreverlikethestars, eleka1801 and 2 others
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Not having children is my only contribution to this world. I wish I was never born.
Hope you can find happiness someday :)
The best neuroleptic drug is the one you will never take.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
I was given antipsychotics without even knowing they were antipsychotics by the psychiatrist, along with an antidepressant, the antidepressant lifted up my mood a little bit and I had no idea about what they were doing to me and my mind , I felt like a retarded person while on them ,and I had zero sex drive while on them and I also couldn't enjoy music among a lot of other things as well, but while I was on them I had no idea that these side effects were because of these meds ,I kept taking them until I decided to do some research on the meds , and I found out what these meds are capable of doing, and it completely broke me inside and I had a mental breakdown after I found out the truth about these "poison"
She got me on an antidepressant and antipsychotic when I was only 5 years old even after psychologists said there was nothing wrong with me.
How did you find out that she has done this? Did she tell you? And how did you find out all this information about antipsychotics? I personally found out online on Google

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer and L951788
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
I was given antipsychotics without even knowing they were antipsychotics by the psychiatrist, along with an antidepressant, the antidepressant lifted up my mood a little bit and I had no idea about what they were doing to me and my mind , I felt like a retarded person while on them ,and I had zero sex drive while on them and I also couldn't enjoy music among a lot of other things as well, but while I was on them I had no idea that these side effects were because of these meds ,I kept taking them until I decided to do some research on the meds , and I found out what these meds are capable of doing, and it completely broke me inside and I had a mental breakdown after I found out the truth about these "poison"
It's a uniquely Western capitalist thing. I've been in other countries and the people are just like us only they're not given these things like candy. These things don't circulate around their society at all. It really sucks. I'd have rather been born in a third world country and had a natural upbringing and development. But, no. Instead I was born in America to a crazy nurse mom who was on psych meds herself and got her 5 year old son on a cocktail. I've been seeing psychiatrists monthly-yearly every year since age 5 outside of 14-15. It's an absolute joke. These things have screwed me permanently. And they won't even give me SSI!!! Hahahahahah. This kind of stuff makes me want to be a terrorist. This kind of stuff makes me look at things that happen in America like what Adam Lanza did and simply laugh. And I can't even get off them if I wanted to as I simply can't handle cymbalta withdrawal. I've done all the other withdrawals but I'm no match for this one. Oh well! Hope this society is happy. Made some money off an innocent boy and his subsequent life.

I had no disorder. Psychologists said I was fine. I don't have autism or anything. Yet here I am. Wonderful.
Oh and there was no "finding out" as she was the one driving the ship since childhood for me. It was right before my eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: foreverlikethestars, 262653 and EmptyManForever
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
5 years old and taking those meds, I'm lost for words. My doc also prescribed me anti psychotic to sleep. I'm not taking it. Your story just makes my theory about those meds even more real, I also still struggle with benzos, but been weaning myself slowly. I'm so sorry doctors who were supposed to help did that to your body and mind.

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
5 years old and taking those meds, I'm lost for words. My doc also prescribed me anti psychotic to sleep. I'm not taking it. Your story just makes my theory about those meds even more real, I also still struggle with benzos, but been weaning myself slowly. I'm so sorry doctors who were supposed to help did that to your body and mind.
Do a very slow wean with the benzos and you can get off them. Just keep it slow and consistent. It's much better to be off them. If you've taken them for years like I did there may be permanent deficits but overall there should be improvements.

mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
And if you stop them cold turkey they fuck your brain for life, no going back to previous iq level. Just eternal retardation yes.
It's a uniquely Western capitalist thing. I've been in other countries and the people are just like us only they're not given these things like candy. These things don't circulate around their society at all. It really sucks. I'd have rather been born in a third world country and had a natural upbringing and development. But, no. Instead I was born in America to a crazy nurse mom who was on psych meds herself and got her 5 year old son on a cocktail. I've been seeing psychiatrists monthly-yearly every year since age 5 outside of 14-15. It's an absolute joke. These things have screwed me permanently. And they won't even give me SSI!!! Hahahahahah. This kind of stuff makes me want to be a terrorist. This kind of stuff makes me look at things that happen in America like what Adam Lanza did and simply laugh. And I can't even get off them if I wanted to as I simply can't handle cymbalta withdrawal. I've done all the other withdrawals but I'm no match for this one. Oh well! Hope this society is happy. Made some money off an innocent boy and his subsequent life.

I had no disorder. Psychologists said I was fine. I don't have autism or anything. Yet here I am. Wonderful.
Oh and there was no "finding out" as she was the one driving the ship since childhood for me. It was right before my eyes.
Psychiatrists are for rich people in the 3rd world, they are quite expensive.

Reactions: EmptyManForever
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I can't believe any doctor would prescribe these to you, knowing you were fine, no matter how adamant your mother was. It's sounds similar to munchausen by proxy, although I get the impression that your mother really did think something was wrong with you? Still.. I think it's downright abusive, even if she didn't realize the harm she was doing. This story is so infuriating to me. You're going to have to live with this for the rest of your life.
Only four months on an SSRI caused serious problems for me. I've been off them for over a year. I developed akathisia for a year which is a special kind hell you can't even describe. My first suicide attempts were a direct result from that. My anxiety is far worse now, although I can't say with 100% certainty that the meds caused it since I already had anxiety. I'm basically asexual now, so the odds of me having a romantic relationship again are slim to none. My life went to shit after finally caving and taking their meds and I'm more suicidal now than I was before them. I refused them for years. I just recently started to be able to enjoy music again, after nearly a year of not being able to (and I'm a serious music addict). I can't imagine the anger you must feel because of this. I'm so sorry.

Reactions: EmptyManForever and L951788
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
I can't believe any doctor would prescribe these to you, knowing you were fine, no matter how adamant your mother was. It's sounds similar to munchausen by proxy, although I get the impression that your mother really did think something was wrong with you? Still.. I think it's downright abusive, even if she didn't realize the harm she was doing. This story is so infuriating to me. You're going to have to live with this for the rest of your life.
Only four months on an SSRI caused serious problems for me. I've been off them for over a year. I developed akathisia for a year which is a special kind hell you can't even describe. My first suicide attempts were a direct result from that. My anxiety is far worse now, although I can't say with 100% certainty that the meds caused it since I already had anxiety. I'm basically asexual now, so the odds of me having a romantic relationship again are slim to none. My life went to shit after finally caving and taking their meds and I'm more suicidal now than I was before them. I refused them for years. I just recently started to be able to enjoy music again, after nearly a year of not being able to (and I'm a serious music addict). I can't imagine the anger you must feel because of this. I'm so sorry.
I actually didn't know what Munchausen by Proxy was or that it even existed until I saw The Act in 2019. I actually accused her of it in 2020 and busted her car and spent a few days in jail but it got her out of my life with a no-contact order. You're right in your post. I will have to live with this the rest of my life. Which may not be long. I feel like my brain is fried. It sucks. My ability enjoy music is gone. My creativity if I ever had any is gone. My sex drive is really low for a 25 year old guy but I could still make it work if a relationship presented itself.

It's a shame how my life has gone. It really sucks. My half brother was lucky enough to get adopted. I wish I could get a do-over.

• Hugs
Reactions: EmptyManForever and ohhgeeitsme
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Do a very slow wean with the benzos and you can get off them. Just keep it slow and consistent. It's much better to be off them. If you've taken them for years like I did there may be permanent deficits but overall there should be improvements.
Yes at my lowest point of Xanax addiction I was taking 10-20 of it, down to 2 or 3 a day now. Will do the same as the olanzapine before it's too late. I dunno why doctors prescribe things that they know it's damaging us forever. The anti depressant in my case is working a bit though, I feel much less suicidal a d have less bad days. Thank you for being kind to answer. The brain heals back, hope it does the same to you from the bottom of my heart.

• Hugs
Reactions: EmptyManForever and L951788
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
In the beginning of the 20th century, people gave their children heroin so that they fell asleep. It seems history repeats itself, sadly.
Your story is infuriating indeed.

E

EmptyManForever

Oct 3, 2020
Psychiatrists are for rich people in the 3rd world, they are quite expensive.
Yes and I was so unfortunate to be a rich person where I live , if I was poor I wouldn't be able to afford these psychiatric treatments and my life would've been good, in that way bieng rich sux , I wish I wasn't that rich , because my family was rich , they gave me these meds

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
It's sounds similar to munchausen by proxy, although I get the impression that your mother really did think something was wrong with you? Still.. I think it's downright abusive, even if she didn't realize the harm she was doing.
Ahhh, that's an interesting idea. I've never thought about munchausen by proxy for psychological illnesses. I get that denial is a powerful thing, but I have a hard time believing she didn't see any sort of harm.

Meds like that from the age of five...God. I'm already against meds like that being prescribed to teens and young adults as a first route, let alone children. My nephew was put on an antipsychotic as a kid to manage his anger (which was 100% trauma from my horrible abusive brother). I just can't believe how easily drugs are handed out in this country. Thank goodness my brother never bothered to refill my nephew's "required" medication.

I'm so sorry your mother did this to you.

Reactions: EmptyManForever and ohhgeeitsme
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Oh just to clarify. I said "she got my on x and y meds at 5". By that I mean she took charge of the doctor shopping after the psychologists said I was fine and took me to a psychiatrist eventually. He was the one who'd always give me meds. At 9 I was on 2 antipsychotics plus the antidepressant.

E

EmptyManForever

Oct 3, 2020
At 9 I was on 2 antipsychotics plus the antidepressant.
I cant believe they did this to you , I'm also finding it hard to believe these things really happen, I mean is it even legal to prescribe antipsychotics to a 5 year old? This is the first time I heard of this ,usually these meds are given in extreme cases, but atleast you have to be like 16 for some of these antipsychotics to be prescribed, first time I heard a 5 year old person getting these meds , I'm so sorry this happened to you , it shouldn't have happened

wishicouldgoback

wishicouldgoback

Dec 30, 2020
I have had pretty much the same experience. I was medicated as a child and into adulthood..only to realize my gut health was out of balance. I had extreme difficulty learning, was bullied, and never have had any close relationships outside of my original family. To make it even worse, I was committed to a psych hospital, which prevents me from joining the military. I know now psychiatry is extremely dangerous and doesn't help the patient at all. I now work part time and am also living on borrowed time. It feels like I've just arrived here. I have been in fight-or-flight mode for a long time and now feel like I finally have some control over what happens now.

Last edited:
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
I cant believe they did this to you , I'm also finding it hard to believe these things really happen, I mean is it even legal to prescribe antipsychotics to a 5 year old? This is the first time I heard of this ,usually these meds are given in extreme cases, but atleast you have to be like 16 for some of these antipsychotics to be prescribed, first time I heard a 5 year old person getting these meds , I'm so sorry this happened to you , it shouldn't have happened
What makes it even more ridiculous is I could've sued Johnson & Johnson because they illegally marketed Risperdal for use in children. But the statute of limitations expired at 20 years old for me. I wish I would've known before. Then I could've at least had some financial reparation. But nope, I have nothing and they even continually deny me SSI. Unbelievable.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
This sounds like Munchausen by proxy. I would go as far as to say there is a legal case against your mother and the doctors who wrote these prescriptions.

Reactions: L951788
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
This sounds like Munchausen by proxy. I would go as far as to say there is a legal case against your mother and the doctors who wrote these prescriptions.
I accused her of that but I wouldn't know how to start a legal proceeding and plus I don't know if I even have the energy for that.

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
I remember when I was a teenager. I went to therapy which once again was her suggestion. I was having by trouble sleeping and the therapist recommended melatonin. I asked my mom if I could get some and she was upset that I didn't want to take trazodone which was another drug of her choice. So she guilt-tripped me into taking trazodone. Never saw a doctor for it she just used the medical system to call it in. I ended up getting serotonin syndrome in 2015 due to that, Cymbalta, and a protein supplement I was taking. All this trouble in my life has been because of her.

She even got my sister on cymbalta two years ago.

Butterflyshadow

Butterflyshadow

Student
Nov 19, 2020
I remember when I was a teenager. I went to therapy which once again was her suggestion. I was having by trouble sleeping and the therapist recommended melatonin. I asked my mom if I could get some and she was upset that I didn't want to take trazodone which was another drug of her choice. So she guilt-tripped me into taking trazodone. Never saw a doctor for it she just used the medical system to call it in. I ended up getting serotonin syndrome in 2015 due to that, Cymbalta, and a protein supplement I was taking. All this trouble in my life has been because of her.

She even got my sister on cymbalta two years ago.
have faith.
try to stop taking the meds and you will get better

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
This is my med list over my life by the way

B7015206 F50C 424B A14E FE62C7DA6CE1

All driven by her

• Wow
Reactions: EmptyManForever and 262653
Butterflyshadow

Butterflyshadow

Student
Nov 19, 2020
You can quit from drugs more easly from those wich aren't benzos.
You could also ask to your doctor to stop in a graduated way and that your goal is stop with them.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I accused her of that but I wouldn't know how to start a legal proceeding and plus I don't know if I even have the energy for that.
Pretty sure if you googled no win no fee medical negligence solicitors/lawyers you would come across some places that could help. You'd just call and outline your issues in a factual way... 'I believe my mother abused me due to her having MBP and the doctors she took me to prescribed me drugs that were not suitable for a child'. It may be something you can speak to the police about too.
I would strongly recommend getting a copy of your medical records in order to prove that you were in fact given these drugs by a doctor at a young age and it wasn't your mother buying these drugs elsewhere.
I mean, you say you can't be bothered to action it but it's impacted your life in such a mess I've way, what's the point in complaining about it? I don't mean to come off a rude but it would literally be a case of a couple of phone calls, maybe googling a few things on the matter and requesting your full medical records. It would surely help with closure on the matter. Maybe even some sort of settlement.

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Pretty sure if you googled no win no fee medical negligence solicitors/lawyers you would come across some places that could help. You'd just call and outline your issues in a factual way... 'I believe my mother abused me due to her having MBP and the doctors she took me to prescribed me drugs that were not suitable for a child'. It may be something you can speak to the police about too.
I would strongly recommend getting a copy of your medical records in order to prove that you were in fact given these drugs by a doctor at a young age and it wasn't your mother buying these drugs elsewhere.
I mean, you say you can't be bothered to action it but it's impacted your life in such a mess I've way, what's the point in complaining about it? I don't mean to come off a rude but it would literally be a case of a couple of phone calls, maybe googling a few things on the matter and requesting your full medical records. It would surely help with closure on the matter. Maybe even some sort of settlement.
I don't think it's illegal to give psych meds to children. Just shitty. But not illegal.

Butterflyshadow

Butterflyshadow

Student
Nov 19, 2020
I think you could also change the doctor.
And tell them to reduce the dosages untill you will defenitlly end with them.
And make a plane in this way...
Search the way could make you feel better.