C

CTBtoday

Aug 28, 2023
Sadly the universe was not helping me it just had a stumbling block in store today, got the wrong type of adapter for my rig. everything else was bought perfectly. If anyone has any sources in nyc that I can get the SCUBA adapter. or is there a jank fix such as using some epoxy or doing some welding. any tips are welcome I believe my PM's are open if you want to send messages that way

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The adapter for joining what to what do you mean? I've seen so many posts about this type of subject. I think many have had to resort to some type of "fabrication" to get certain components joined together. Sorry things aren't quite as together as you desire them to be. Stick with it and I'm sure it will be soon.

Maybe some pictures of what the issue is would be nice, too, if you can.

C

CTBtoday

Aug 28, 2023
The adapter for joining what to what do you mean? I've seen so many posts about this type of subject. I think many have had to resort to some type of "fabrication" to get certain components joined together. Sorry things aren't quite as together as you desire them to be. Stick with it and I'm sure it will be soon.

Maybe some pictures of what the issue is would be nice, too, if you can.
A CGA-580 to CGA-346 adapter, you see the one I got was double external threaded I needed the CGA-346 part to be internal threaded. I just saw someone else say they bought that and kinda went with it sadly it was not it. The adapter is supposed to join the regulator and the tank, N2 tanks using CGA 580 threads and the diving regulator uses CGA-346 threads. (AKA DONT GET IMAGE) 1693442303707

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
OK. Just so I'm understanding this correctly..................................

The fitting on the regulator is MALE and it is CGA-346, correct?

The fitting on the H2 tank is FEMALE and it is CGA-580, correct?

Obviously, the fitting you have now is MALE CGA-580 on one end and MALE CGA-346 on the other end.

I've scoured the Internet for the past 2+ hours looking for an adapter and have come up with absolutely nothing.

The best I could come up with is using this CGA346 fitting to attach to your regulator. This CGA580 fitting to attach to your tank. And this 1/4 inch coupler to join the two 1/4" nipples from the other two fittings.

I don't think they make a simple adapter to meet your needs. I looked everywhere. You may be able to find these same fittings cheaper if you look around. I just linked the first ones I found. I'm not sure what else you can do with the setup you have. What I think the real issue is is that oxygen masks are not meant to be couple together with nitrogen tanks - AND you have an O2 regulator, NOT a nitrogen regulator. I think that is complicating the entire thing. Maybe you'll find something better by looking around more. Let me know what you come up with.