C

Coffeehead

Oct 16, 2023
today I got a random note from a professor to go see the counselor during my free period, obviously I was freaked out (anxious perfectionist here) and had a mini panic attack in the bathroom, and when I went to her office she basically interrogated me about my SH bruise on my face that someone who "really cares about me and wants the best for me" reported to her. I have two lies going: I ran into a wall (I'm really clumsy and do this a lot so it's believable) and also that at a beach trip I was hit by a rock after being surprised by a wave (another girl got a black eye so it's plausible). I used the first one with her and had to lie and make a bunch of other details up on a whim and then go to the nurse, this entire thing took an hour of peace and work and it was so stressful. She didn't even think it was self harm, just domestic abuse or something like that, but she barely hinted at it and easily believed my random lies. Just goes to show how the counseling and therapy and school is failing. Anyway I just wanted to tell someone so thank you.