bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
yesterday morning i had a plan to CTB, but a college i had applied for sent me an automated text message that i had gotten into their vet assisting program.
this has been my gap year since exiting art school and deciding i don't want to waste 7-8 years on a useless bfa. i still love art and writing, but i want to do it on my own terms, not at the whims of my professors, or restricted to the environment my peers had created. i love cat ethology, husbandry etc. (it's all i make art about) so i thought i could go into the vet field, or work in an animal shelter. my dad's coworker has a friend who works at the humane society, and got me in to do a shadow day with her late last year. quite frankly, it was the best day of my life, so i applied to every vet assisting program i could.

since then, i've gotten into all 5 of my VA programs (3 of which are competitive), and when the first offers rolled in i was excited. i felt like i had some kind of purpose in life now, but slowly as more came in all i felt was dread. since i'm posting this here it should be pretty obvious i have been incredibly suicidal this whole time. i was ready to go, but the admission stopped me. this was the one i was waiting for, but even if it stopped me from CTB i still feel so vapid and empty.
how can i get excited about this again? i think that's what's made me the most upset, i'm not even excited anymore, but i want so badly to be! i could use some encouragement i guess...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: omofren, kitch, Huntfish34 and 5 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Maybe think about different ways you might use what you're achieving, vary the theme a bit to think about doing something that feels different and newer, try and make it exciting again that way?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, rationaltake and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Congrats!

You are awesome, and I say this because getting into any type of a vet program can be very tough. Before I went to college, I went at 24 years of age, I was in animal health and siring (breeding) programs for livestock, and just getting my certificates the testing was tough as hell, so that is why I am saying CONGRATS!

You are VERY smart indeed! I would be very excited, and you should be very proud of yourself. You will do just fine, as getting into the school is the toughest aspect in my thoughts and from my experience.

I am so happy for you and away you go, so outstanding!!!

Sending you lots of love, happy thoughts and the knowledge that you are smart, and you have a very bright future.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Huntfish34 and bijou
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
Congrats!

You are awesome, and I say this because getting into any type of a vet program can be very tough. Before I went to college, I went at 24 years of age, I was in animal health and siring (breeding) programs for livestock, and just getting my certificates the testing was tough as hell, so that is why I am saying CONGRATS!

You are VERY smart indeed! I would be very excited, and you should be very proud of yourself. You will do just fine, as getting into the school is the toughest aspect in my thoughts and from my experience.

I am so happy for you and away you go, so outstanding!!!

Sending you lots of love, happy thoughts and the knowledge that you are smart, and you have a very bright future.

Walter
i really appreciate that, thank you!

one of the reasons i was most looking forward to this program was it included courses for livestock animal health and husbandry (as well as exotic and lab animal care too). although im mostly interested in feral and companion cats, i really wanted to get a variety of experiences.

do you have a particular aspect of animal health you're most interested in?

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
VioletNight

VioletNight

Student
Jan 24, 2023
Congratulations! I hope you do get the feeling of excitement back soon, sometimes it can take a while for news like this to process internally. Either way, this gives you a great chance to pursue your passion!