S

sanc

Aug 15, 2023
Google won't display search results for site:sanctioned-suicide.net here. I get "In response to a legal request submitted to Google, we have removed 527 result(s) from this page. " Even prior ot this Google only had some pages in its database, many possible threads were missed. But now even that is gone.

Why not remove the completely absurd requirements to be able to search this forum?

1) Without a search function this site doesn't offer anything, it has no reason to exist whatsoever. It is actually worse than useless because new members are going to enact the first dangerous and flawed method they see posted because there is no way to find in depth information on the method's viability here.

2) Requiring people to spam the forum with posts to access search is completely absurd. Very few are going to do that. How many people are paralysed and otherwise suffering horribly because they couldn't access the search function here?

3) Demanding people spam the forum with posts is only going to lead new people desperate to find safe methods to inadvertently reveal identifiable information which will be used to identify and arrest them. Forcing new members to spam the forum seems to be deliberately designed for that.

4) I had to post this in here rather than the correct section because, of course, I am not able to post in relevant sections. Another completely arbitrary and useless imposition on new members, or members that haven't spammed personal info on the site.

Can anybody explain why this site does not have a search function available for members who haven't spammed comments? Is it just to gather personal information forcing people to desperately spam comments to access the only possibly useful function the site could offer?

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Adûnâi, silentnights56, Ryan1uk and 4 others
hopelessoceanic25

hopelessoceanic25

Agony.
Nov 29, 2023
I just tried searching it in incognito mode. There's still a few results, but a LOT less than before.. this world really is cruel.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Decided98, Adûnâi, silentnights56 and 6 others
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
I agree with the admins requiring a certain activity level in order to search. It prevents anti-choice people from randomly looking around on a whim and causing trouble. If you are serious enough about learning methods, it's not that hard to gain search ability. A user can log responses in the Games section to rack up comments without revealing any personal details. It's rather unreasonable to think a mainstream site like google would give you legitimate search results. Blame google and your govt for that, not SaSu. If you think SaSu is being run for personal gain, that's a very distorted viewpoint. They provide information that is impossible to get anywhere else, and at no cost.

Reactions: delora, BrainShower and 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Use duckduckgo or other browsers

• Informative
Reactions: Decided98, leavingthesoultrap, BrainShower and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think the fact that the search function isn't there straightaway means that new members get confused by the site and continue to ask the same basic questions that can be easily answered by the search function. I agree with the orginal post as many people join just to find out information and many of them are already suffering enough without struggling to find the info they wish to know.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
What country are you in? For me google works just fine and i can still search up a question and get as many results as before.
I think that the search function isnt available for new members to avoid the anti choice people from harrasing even more people. Im also pretty sure you get the search function rather quickly, i got it after like 5-10 comments.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Adûnâi and 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Google won't display search results for site:sanctioned-suicide.net here. I get "In response to a legal request submitted to Google, we have removed 527 result(s) from this page. " Even prior ot this Google only had some pages in its database, many possible threads were missed. But now even that is gone.

Why not remove the completely absurd requirements to be able to search this forum?

1) Without a search function this site doesn't offer anything, it has no reason to exist whatsoever. It is actually worse than useless because new members are going to enact the first dangerous and flawed method they see posted because there is no way to find in depth information on the method's viability here.

2) Requiring people to spam the forum with posts to access search is completely absurd. Very few are going to do that. How many people are paralysed and otherwise suffering horribly because they couldn't access the search function here?

3) Demanding people spam the forum with posts is only going to lead new people desperate to find safe methods to inadvertently reveal identifiable information which will be used to identify and arrest them. Forcing new members to spam the forum seems to be deliberately designed for that.

4) I had to post this in here rather than the correct section because, of course, I am not able to post in relevant sections. Another completely arbitrary and useless imposition on new members, or members that haven't spammed personal info on the site.

Can anybody explain why this site does not have a search function available for members who haven't spammed comments? Is it just to gather personal information forcing people to desperately spam comments to access the only possibly useful function the site could offer?
Google is evil and they own youtube and android also. Evil world. Google is trying to develop ai and will try to monitor us more with ai, stop suicide etc imo

Reactions: Decided98, Leeroy14R, LeperGnome and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Brave browser with vpn or the TOR browser works well.

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
It's good the information is not easily publicly accessible. The requirement to jump through some hoops first helps weed out people who a) aren't serious or b) are here for the wrong reasons.

If someone is so inpatient they can't complete basic steps like making some comments/posts, or simply using a browser other than Google, maybe they shouldn't have access to the information anyway. Ctb is not a thing to be rushed into, it's the most final decision you'll ever make.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Adûnâi, Extreme Hell and Leeroy14R
delora

delora

Lola (she/her)
Jun 5, 2023
Personally, I agree with the search function being restricted. It adds a barrier so that people who are anti-choice don't get easy immediate access to everything, especially sensitive topics like methods, sources and in some cases, identifiable user information. Some might still try to register and get access, but most wouldn't go through the effort of registering with all the steps to be approved + posting enough to scour the forum. It's a safety measure.

It also forces the person engaging with this content to interact with the forum first, limiting the number of hasty decisions as a result. I am of the opinion that suicide is something to be carefully considered and planned. Both in order to achieve success, and also to evaluate if that's really your goal. Someone in a crisis might impulsively make choices that aren't exactly good for them, leading to failure, discovery or even worse: regret. I say this as someone who's failed a poorly planned attempt before, because I was in distress and unable to think straight. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Keep in mind the forum is pro-choice, and that does include the choice of staying. I believe some people might just need some support to carry on, which is why the forum has a recovery section.​

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Adûnâi and Extreme Hell
KSZ

KSZ

Dec 3, 2023
I don't understand why Google are doing this? I really think that this is a bad move, however I am not 100% sure that it might be one tho. It has it's pros and cons I might say.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think its a good idea the admins lock it down.

The media, especially the BBC really have an agenda against us and you can bet they are sure to run an episode special on us soon.

greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
When I use site:sanctioned-suicide.net I seem to be getting a lot via google… maybe missing results I wouldn't notice but there is no disclaimer that they've removed results like you mentioned.

But yeah I tend to use DuckDuckGo for this kind of thing.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Nothing new. It's been this way for as long as I remember.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I'm not surprised, after all Google just wants money at any cost. It seems like information about suicide methods is getting less and less.