• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

do you think we should have a subforum for goodbye threads?

• Total voters
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
kind of like a place where we can respect those that have and are passing.

yeah yeah yeah it makes it easier for the prolifers to find us "encouraging" shit but i say fuck the prolifers. we arent telling them to kill themselves were accepting their desision. if they cant open a dictionary and learn the definition of understanding and acceptance, then thats sounds like a them problem maybe they should learn how to read an actual book instead of the internet, its clearly not healthy for them to be obsessing over this.

and my answer to the prolifers in general is that they can go find something better to do because no one should be able to say what you can or cant do with your life. if your life really sucks then you shouldnt be forced to suffer. if someone is doing something unhealthy with their life yeah you should probably talk about it with them BUT THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT i bet if you talk to them about it theres typically a reason, and i bet that reason will most likely be depression, be it circumstance, mental illness or whatever other reason there might be. you want to do something to help then talk to us dont argue with us. actually try to understand us. (wow i should make a thread arguing with them some day. i have a lot to say on the subject)

now with that argument out of the way for why we shouldnt, what do you guys think?

DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
My opinion is the more subforums the better.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
My opinion is the more subforums the better.
idk....when i thought about it, i just figured i was being a neat freak about the forum LOL thought id ask anyway though and see what people think.....however it seems i digressed REALLY BAD :pfff:

D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! i can't imagine since being here how many people didn't say goodbye to friends here simply out of fear.

edit: i am assuming the same/similar protection as the new subforum ? if so Yes.

Reactions: Wraith and Sensei
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! i can't imagine since being here how many people didn't say goodbye to friends here simply out of fear.

edit: i am assuming the same/similar protection as the new subforum ? if so Yes.
yes......but.....you dont mean actually in that section do you??? it should be member only yes

D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
yes......but.....you dont mean actually in that section do you??? it should be member only yes
Oh no, hold on i can't type that fast =/
actually you covered it, i'm a bit ham brained today.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Oh no, hold on i can't type that fast =/
:pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: im sorry but that made me feel better. when i was in grade 9 i purposefully acted like an idiot in tech class so they wouldnt know i was actually that bad. i just couldnt ever see someone saying that to me

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Yes, in my humble opinion it's disrespectful to have those threads get lost amongst the "my parents told me to get a job so I'm going to kill myself" threads.
I would suggest a sub for members only, say people who have been members for at least 8 months or something.
Of course that poses a problem because someone may only have been here for 1 month and be ready to depart, but they wouldn't be able to post.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
actually you covered it, i'm a bit ham brained today.
ok cool. because i thought that you had meant it should be in the subforum and i remembered someone saying something about members leaving before they get to join that section and i was like.....no thats not fair it should be accessed by everyone....but it should be members only yes
Yes, in my humble opinion it's disrespectful to have those threads get lost amongst the "my parents told me to get a job so I'm going to kill myself" threads.
this is exactly what i was thinking
I would suggest a sub for members only, say people who have been members for at least 8 months or something.
Of course that poses a problem because someone may only have been here for 1 month and be ready to depart, but they wouldn't be able to post.
much like the partners thread there will be special rules. there can be no disrespect. you wish them well and go about your day. NO ARGUING. if you dont agree with something someone says dont push the subject, just go straight to reporting it, leave it to the mods to decide. theyve been here long enough im sure they can tell the difference between what is accepted and whats not

Last edited:
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I voted no. Often people back out of it and then the thread would be stuck there or they may feel because they now are in the spotlight they have to through with it. I was going through old threads and one girl was apologetic she backed out and shouldn't have felt that way.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I voted no. Often people back out of it and then the thread would be stuck there or they may feel because they now are in the spotlight they have to through with it. I was going through old threads and one girl was apologetic she backed out and shouldn't have felt that way.
i was thinking about that. and i havent come to an answer for that yet but ive been working on it. also THANK YOU, i was curious why people were saying no, we cant find fixes for stuff like this if you guys that think of it dont say anything

EDIT IDEA!!!! what if , and im sorry mods this idea will make more work for you however its the best idea i currently have, what if once its decided they succeed then they get moved to the special subfolder where people can continue to pay their respects

Last edited:
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
i was thinking about that. and i havent come to an answer for that yet but ive been working on it. also THANK YOU, i was curious why people were saying no, we cant find fixes for stuff like this if you guys that think of it dont say anything

Maybe the threads can be moved to an in memoriam forum after it has happened and their name is greyed-out.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
lol, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't done something similar in a subthread.
well people have tried to keep track of the people in the past. i thought by having all of their goodbye threads in the same place it would be easier.

Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I'll say no, simply because making a goodbye subforum can be interpreted as having a bias on the pro-choice side. The less ammunition you give those against choice, the saver this place will be.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I feel like if anything, the sanctuary could be the subforum for goodbye threads because the reasons people were less likely to make them aligned with the same reasons for wanting a private subforum.

Heck, then again maybe it could be a sub-subforum and the goodbye subforum would also be private? Hmm...

Reactions: Life_and_Death
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I think it may not be a good thing to have all the goodbye threads in one place for all those who wish to take this website down to peruse and catalogue and say something like "look how many people SS has killed". But I also think having the goodbye threads being members only somehow would be a good idea.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I think it may not be a good thing to have all the goodbye threads in one place for all those who wish to take this website down to peruse and catalogue and say something like "look how many people SS has killed". But I also think having the goodbye threads being members only somehow would be a good idea.
I thought the same thing. Putting the goodbye threads in one section will make it much easier for the pro-lifers to screenshot . And then the prolifers can just say to the LE or a lawmaker : " look at their website at the goodbye threads section and Look at all the people they killed" as you said. Putting the goodbye threads in one section will be the end of this website imo. Right now the goodbye threads are hidden in a mountain of other posts and makes it harder for the people trying to take this website down to find. This site is and has been amazing. If you keep trying to fix something that isn't broken that might break it. Even if we make it members only there are a lot of members that are from fixthe26.com already here. So anything that makes it easier for pro-lifers to find them will be the end imo.

Last edited:
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I feel like if anything, the sanctuary could be the subforum for goodbye threads because the reasons people were less likely to make them aligned with the same reasons for wanting a private subforum.

Heck, then again maybe it could be a sub-subforum and the goodbye subforum would also be private? Hmm...

That wouldn't work effectively because not everyone would have access to say goodbye. Especially if you're someone who had to make a new account for whatever reason.

Ex. This account is new, but I've been visiting SS since its days back on Reddit.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That wouldn't work effectively because not everyone would have access to say goodbye. Especially if you're someone who had to make a new account for whatever reason.

Ex. This account is new, but I've been visiting SS since its days back on Reddit.
Maybe in cases like that, "new" accounts can be given a pass into the subforum if they confirm with mods who they used to be and if the old account qualified. I still don't know how qualification works though...

Though I still believe excluding goodbye threads from prying eyes who only want to twist them against us would still be nice.

Reactions: Wraith and _Kaira_
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Yes and you need 50 messages to enter or write a goodbye post as there have been people lurking for ages and joining and CTB.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Wraith
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
At this rate we'll have so many different forums and so many different rules to get onto each one that we'll end up saving someone from ctb as they strive to qualify for each promotion first or drive someone to ctb as they get so confused by it all :)

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
At this rate we'll have so many different forums and so many different rules to get onto each one that we'll end up saving someone from ctb as they strive to qualify for each promotion first or drive someone to ctb as they get so confused by it all :)
I was thinking something more like the members only section. Being a member is the only requirement. And this is just to ensure that most of the people don't bother us. Yes we most likely have a few with their own accounts but I already made my argument for that. They can go f themselves. If they don't want us respecting those that have past, that's a them problem and just goes to show how low they really are. At least we're going to lengths to respect their loved ones, not causing their resting graves havoc like they are.