• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
Was wondering what people use for cutting sessions. I want to start cutting while in the shower, nothing too deep. I tried a regular knife but it was too painful, is there a special blade for self cutting? Shaving razor?

H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I really like utility blades. But I'm confused, Don't we cut because of the intense pain and flow of blood? At the moment, I have carpet blade though.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Oh heck, I doubt there's a special blade, made specifically for cutting. If there is, I've never come across it.
I don't think this is the place to ask for advice on sharps, maybe someone will pm you if they are willing to discuss this with you.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I second this. I was confused because in self-harm the more pain, the more relief.
This may be the case for you, but not for everybody. For some it's about seeing the blood flow, and other reasons, it's not just about pain.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Scalpel.

This is not an endorsement.
I don't cut, but this is what I would suggest as well. Yes, there is risk of cutting too deep, but one can be carful. It's sterile and easy to clean, and will cause less scarring.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld
Charaltontin

Charaltontin

Apr 2, 2021
I self harm with sharp razor for shaving like you buy the razors separate from the actual holder thing and I use those and honestly there really sharp cuts right in and smoothly

Ani198

Ani198

Jan 17, 2021
Scalpels are very very sharp but I'm not sure if they are all that painful. When I cut I'd use my pocket knife (very painful, not all that deep, I'd have to scratch away at my skin with it a bit to get it deep enough for my liking).

You've likely heard it before, but cutting and other forms of self-harm are awful and I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Look to wean yourself off it with hot showers, holding ice, drawing on yourself with red pen, etc. <3

narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
i would suggest self harm? no. it makes more troubles than solutions (personal experience). however, if you'll do it, this kind of tools are enough sharp. And razor can be removed for "easier" handle

Attachments

• mre1433000000bnl.jpg
    mre1433000000bnl.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
untimelydemise

untimelydemise

Jan 20, 2021
ther
Scalpels are very very sharp but I'm not sure if they are all that painful. When I cut I'd use my pocket knife (very painful, not all that deep, I'd have to scratch away at my skin with it a bit to get it deep enough for my liking).

You've likely heard it before, but cutting and other forms of self-harm are awful and I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Look to wean yourself off it with hot showers, holding ice, drawing on yourself with red pen, etc. <3
scalpels are not that paimful to cur with and are okay. get blunt slightly quickly

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Swann Morton make good scalpels and blades, they're easily bought from Amazon or ebay. You can get them sterile or non sterile. Just be careful with them, I nearly died at Christmas because I got a bit angry when cutting.

Oh, and if you're an absolute maniac you could try this bastard:

Last edited:
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Scalpel or x-acto hobby knife with a nr11 blade. They're so sharp when new I accidentally cut my fingertips often enough not realizing it and wondering where all that red paint comes from.
Quite cheap as well:
you can get replacement blades for the x-acto about $12 for a box of 100.
It's not a good idea to start, (been there doing that) it's quite addictive and scarring, and after a while impossible to conceal. You'll be advertising you have mental health problems to the world at large, rarely a good idea.