D

Drewpeterson519

Dec 6, 2020
I'm thinking Full suspension is the best way to do it. Partial suspension seems like it's too easy to back out of and too much could go wrong. I'm thinking strong nylon rope (that can withstand 370 lbs) with either a slip knot or hangman's knot. I'm just not exactly sure what the best anchor would be. I certainly don't want it to break on me after 10 minutes and brain damage has already set in.

What are some of the best anchors for full suspension hanging? I know a thick tree is pretty ideal, I just don't wanna do it outside, even in the deep woods because you never know who might just happen to see you from a distance and rush over to cut you down. I was thinking a barbell tower (like a squat rack) might be good? I'm just a little worried that it won't be powerful enough to withstand the inevitable convulsions/thrashing around after unconsciousness sets in (or maybe it will. Idk how extreme the convulsions/thrashing part is. Idk if you flop and fly around like a fish on crack, or if you just kinda shake in place). Also, the feet won't exactly be very high off the ground at all. Maybe like 6 inches at the most. Not sure exactly how that will affect it

If you have anything in mind at all, post it! What would YOU personally use as an anchor for full suspension if you had to pick? Also, my weight is 220 lbs if that helps (yeah I know, being a fatass makes this a little more difficult lol. I'm honestly trying to lose as much weight as I can before I CTB just help a little)

Your input is greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
You said you don't want to do it outside so is there any strong anchor point you think of in your house?

In my case the anchor point is a strong horizontal wood in a garage at home. But I really worry that ppl might hear noise and come to rescue before I'm fully dead.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and sasshimi
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
The golden rules of hanging is: 30 minutes alone, any anchor point who doesn't bend, and a ligature who doesn't tear. So any anchor point who doesn't bent and give you the sufficient privacy for not being saved, it will be a good one. I'm also considering hanging and I read a lot about that golden rules.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Lucifer'sRight, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
D

Drewpeterson519

Dec 6, 2020
J
You said you don't want to do it outside so is there any strong anchor point you think of in your house?

In my case the anchor point is a strong horizontal wood in a garage at home. But I really worry that ppl might hear noise and come to rescue before I'm fully dead
I was considering the horizontal wood in my garage. I'm not sure if it will hold my weight though. Plus I live with my parents so there's always the chance of them coming out and finding me even in the middle of the night. But tbh I'm more worried about the wood breaking than anything. Do you think it'll hold up for a 220 lb guy like me?

• Hugs
Reactions: death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
J

I was considering the horizontal wood in my garage. I'm not sure if it will hold my weight though. Plus I live with my parents so there's always the chance of them coming out and finding me even in the middle of the night. But tbh I'm more worried about the wood breaking than anything. Do you think it'll hold up for a 220 lb guy like me?
Can you send me the photo of the wood here or via pm so I can give you my opinion?

wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
it is noisy after losing counciousness if you are hanging free? no contact to a wall. Do I scream or rattle?

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
it is noisy after losing counciousness if you are hanging free? no contact to a wall. Do I scream or rattle?
I dont know if you are screaming or sth. Just use duct tape in case

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
No chance of screaming unless some very important things go very wrong.