A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Hello all,

Have booked a hotel room for tonight and I'm planning the above. Will run a bath, drink a bottle of vodka with some sleeping tablets and hope for the best. Have a few co-codamol as well. Not sure how quickly to drink the vodka as want to pass out rather than throw up. Also not sure whether to have just wine instead. Goodbye to all and wishing you the best!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NekoNomNom, Bauhaus, ebt88 and 6 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I wish you peace

L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
I hope you find the peace you seek.

Reactions: Aurora.
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
If you're serious and committed, just know that completing suicide with sleeping pills...well, sleep aids (prscription and otc) are developed to be non-lethal even in cases of extreme overdose in most first world countries. What sort of pills are you planning on taking? I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything, I just want to make sure you don't just damage yourself and end up still alive and in worse shape than before. I took 30 10mg Ambien with a bottle of vodka and I don't even consider it a real suicide attempt because of the result, I just puked up the vodka in my sleep and slept in it for 16 hours.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Moony21, InterstateFlowers, profoundexperience and 8 others
A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
If you're serious and committed, just know that completing suicide with sleeping pills...well, sleep aids (prscription and otc) are developed to be non-lethal even in cases of extreme overdose in most first world countries. What sort of pills are you planning on taking? I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything, I just want to make sure you don't just damage yourself and end up still alive and in worse shape than before. I took 30 10mg Ambien with a bottle of vodka and I don't even consider it a real suicide attempt because of the result, I just puked up the vodka in my sleep and slept in it for 16 hours.
Thank you for your thoughts and advice. I have some melatonin sleeping tablets and 10 co-codamol. I am planning on drinking the vodka and whilst in the bath then passing out and drowning. Or perhaps I should buy a different drink? Or if not will try and hold my head under water for as long as I can. Appreciate it's not the beat ever plan but it has to happen tonight and I don't have many other options apart from jumping in a river that is not fast flowing and is only 12 ft deep.

Reactions: ebt88
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
The method doesnt sound properly thought through (not a criticism) i hope you will reconsider but if not hopefully no permanent damage done. Take care.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, profoundexperience, Deleted member 18655 and 5 others
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Wishing you the best of luck, I hope it works out for you :heart:

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and AtSea2020
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Sorry to break the news brother but the chances of ctb with alcohol and sleeping pills is near zero. If drowning is ur method then probably u need to plan better ... SI is gonna be high and u may just get up when u start going under water in the bath ... Take care brother

Reactions: InterstateFlowers, GoodPersonEffed, Bauhaus and 1 other person
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Thank you for your thoughts and advice. I have some melatonin sleeping tablets and 10 co-codamol. I am planning on drinking the vodka and whilst in the bath then passing out and drowning. Or perhaps I should buy a different drink? Or if not will try and hold my head under water for as long as I can. Appreciate it's not the beat ever plan but it has to happen tonight and I don't have many other options apart from jumping in a river that is not fast flowing and is only 12 ft deep.
Melatonin itself isn't going to cause death for sure. 10 co-codamol (tylenol #3 brand name), even with alcohol, is likely to just damage your liver, although not enough to cause death. Holding your head underwater is 99.99999% likely to fail even if you pass out in the tub because of the survival instinct. I understand you're in pain and you want to leave, but imho your plan and backup plan are non viable and just likely to mess you up, not kill you. I'm not shitting on you a single bit I hope you understand, I just want you to know the likely effects of what you're planning.

As always, my advice is simply based on personal research and experience. I strongly suggest doing your own research with reliable sources =)

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, GoodPersonEffed, profoundexperience and 4 others
A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Sorry to break the news brother but the chances of ctb with alcohol and sleeping pills is near zero. If drowning is ur method then probably u need to plan better ... SI is gonna be high and u may just get up when u start going under water in the bath ... Take care brother
Thank you. I don't have any other options and it has to happen today.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Thank you. I don't have any other options and it has to happen today.
I understand this feeling. But what you're planning has an extremely high likelyhood of failing. If you're discovered by someone else, you'll likely just be placed in psychiatric care and be even more miserable (or it could help you maybe - there's got to be *some* people they can help, useless as they are), or you'll just wake up with a headache, liver problems, and a mess. The human body is a lot harder to kill than most people think.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers, GoodPersonEffed, profoundexperience and 3 others
A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
I understand this feeling. But what you're planning has an extremely high likelyhood of failing. If you're discovered by someone else, you'll likely just be placed in psychiatric care and be even more miserable (or it could help you maybe - there's got to be *some* people they can help, useless as they are), or you'll just wake up with a headache, liver problems, and a mess. The human body is a lot harder to kill than most people think.
Perhaps I should jump in the river with weights then? Thanks for your help.
Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
Nowhere high to jump from?

Agree with others that this particular overdose/drowning idea has little hope of success unfortunately.

A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
I know, from what I have read it is rather hard to kill. Not sure how some people have managed what I am planning. The difficulty is that I am planning to CTB due to physical health issues that no amount of mental health therapy can overcome. I really don't feel I have any other options.

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I was just reading about the shallow drowning by hyperventilating and then holding your breath under water. It helps you pass out.

A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Nowhere high to jump from?

Agree with others that this particular overdose/drowning idea has little hope of success unfortunately.
Nothing high at all near where I live and in a few days I won't have a car so am running out of ideas.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Hello all,

Have booked a hotel room for tonight and I'm planning the above. Will run a bath, drink a bottle of vodka with some sleeping tablets and hope for the best. Have a few co-codamol as well. Not sure how quickly to drink the vodka as want to pass out rather than throw up. Also not sure whether to have just wine instead. Goodbye to all and wishing you the best!
I think you need to listen to what so many people are telling you. These guys are EXPERTS on what works and what doesn't. If you decide to go ahead, I can only wish you luck, but I fear you won't have it.

Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Don't jump in the river!

Dolores O'Riordan from Cranberries ctb in the bathtub. I think she used booze and benzos for that.
I was just reading about the shallow drowning by hyperventilating and then holding your breath under water. It helps you pass out.

Shallow water blackout. Weird method.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtSea2020
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I'm hesitant to give "advice" to people about things like this, since suicide is an intensely personal thing and we all have our own ideas about what feels right and wrong for us. There *are* other options than the ones you've discussed/considered with a higher likelihood of success. A simple hanging (well its not exactly simple but you know what I mean) would have a much higher chance of success than anything else you've mentioned. I hung myself a few weeks ago, and I lost consciousness extremely fast with very little pain or suffering...I was just discovered and cut down before death could occur. I strongly suggest you do more research and find another method that feels right to you but also won't just leave you damaged, maimed, and disappointed. The Peaceful Pill e-Handbook is a good, honest source of almost every known available method. I wish you the best, my friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, profoundexperience and Disco Biscuit
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I wish this were a useable method, seems very peaceful. Very little chance of success though from what I've gathered.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
I'm hesitant to give "advice" to people about things like this, since suicide is an intensely personal thing and we all have our own ideas about what feels right and wrong for us. There *are* other options than the ones you've discussed/considered with a higher likelihood of success. A simple hanging (well its not exactly simple but you know what I mean) would have a much higher chance of success than anything else you've mentioned. I hung myself a few weeks ago, and I lost consciousness extremely fast with very little pain or suffering...I was just discovered and cut down before death could occur. I strongly suggest you do more research and find another method that feels right to you but also won't just leave you damaged, maimed, and disappointed. The Peaceful Pill e-Handbook is a good, honest source of almost every known available method. I wish you the best, my friend.

No advice you say... My advice would be to hang yourself without people around.

Reactions: Neville1, GoodPersonEffed, AtSea2020 and 1 other person
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I wish you the best of luck but I'm not sure it will work, please read up on different methods.
I will be thinking about you

Reactions: AtSea2020, Disco Biscuit, Linda and 1 other person
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
I know I wish for a peaceful ctb like just alcohol and pills and just drift off to sleep, but sadly does not sound like a viable option.

Reactions: Belit667
U

Ulisses

Arcanist
Feb 21, 2020
Take care. do nothing about impulsivity.

Reactions: Belit667
A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
I think you need to listen to what so many people are telling you. These guys are EXPERTS on what works and what doesn't. If you decide to go ahead, I can only wish you luck, but I fear you won't have it.
Thank you. I know but I have tried hanging and can't seem to get it right. There are no tall buildings near me and I understand that it is a bad idea but am hoping my luck is finally in.

Reactions: Linda
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
No advice you say... My advice would be to hang yourself without people around.
I was in jail and in an extremely fractured state of mind. No need to be rude.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: crybaby, Lostandfound7, InterstateFlowers and 4 others
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
I was in jail and in an extremely fractured state of mind. No need to be rude.

I was not being rude. You didn't mention being in jail. That changes a lot. Sorry for upsetting you anyway.

Reactions: profoundexperience and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I was not being rude. You didn't mention being in jail. That changes a lot. Sorry for upsetting you anyway.
It's all good, I'm not upset =) I just took it as you being insensitive, but if you say that wasn't your intention then we're all good, no worries bud

Reactions: Lostandfound7, profoundexperience, Living_Hurts_so_Much and 1 other person
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
I'm definitely not insensitive / indifferent. That's what sheeple do.