nothingboy

nothingboy

he/him
Sep 18, 2023
im being admitted to a mental hospital tomorrow morning. i've been once before but only for a few days and to a different one. i hope im able to make some temporary friends. does anyone have any advice for me? i'm scared

• Hugs
Reactions: barelyrussian and Sannti
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that, psych wards are tough. As for advice, prepare some books to read. Try to avoid any conflicts with staff and patients so you don't get in trouble. Try to eat everything, they take notes on how well you're eating. Try to take part in activities, like playing board games with others and maybe group therapy if you'll have that. Talking to at least one person is helpful, makes it less boring. I hope things go well and they don't keep you too long

O

osper1

Sep 21, 2023
Avoid any conflicts, do not say things like I'm depress or hopeless, do not get angry or very talkative and try to do activities. I hope you can overcome that difficulty

Last edited:
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Tell them what they want to hear.

Reactions: SVEN
CandycanePuke

CandycanePuke

Sep 26, 2023
If your goal is to get out quickly then eating as much of your meals as you can and going to every scheduled activity or therapy thing will help. Oh and take the trazodone they'll likely give you. Being checked on all the time doesn't make for good sleep.