PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
I got a birthday present, a gaming mouse. This computer mouse, is the utter bane of my existence. I'm probably going to have to stay upto 4-6 am just fixing a dang mouse, started at like 9. It seems like the perfect fuck you from the universe. The amount of time I've been staring at a black screen with text, just pure text, entering command after command, is going to kill my eyes in the morning. Questioning my intelligence, and angry at myself tbh. Why can't I fix such a simple problem, like wtf? Just posted for mental salvation, I'll check back later in the day to report my mental sanity. Thanks for reading.

Signed: A now touchpad user (dang mice)

• Hugs
Reactions: Time, highlyvolatile and Hopeindeath!
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
.....did you unplug it and plug it back in? :)):)):))
I understand the pain I got farcry 5 not long ago and my xbox controller won't work with it I hate tech so much (sometimes)

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal and marcusuk63
O

On Edge

Mar 15, 2020
Restart your computer.

Reactions: terry_a_davis
C

Cjaf

Mar 8, 2020
Buy a new mouse?
.....did you unplug it and plug it back in? :)):)):))
I understand the pain I got farcry 5 not long ago and my xbox controller won't work with it I hate tech so much (sometimes)
Farcry 5 was great! Have you played New Dawn? It's also pretty good.

Reactions: Deleted member 14386
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
I got a birthday present, a gaming mouse. This computer mouse, is the utter bane of my existence. I'm probably going to have to stay upto 4-6 am just fixing a dang mouse, started at like 9. It seems like the perfect fuck you from the universe. The amount of time I've been staring at a black screen with text, just pure text, entering command after command, is going to kill my eyes in the morning. Questioning my intelligence, and angry at myself tbh. Why can't I fix such a simple problem, like wtf? Just posted for mental salvation, I'll check back later in the day to report my mental sanity. Thanks for reading.

Signed: A now touchpad user (dang mice)

Are they Both the same brand? Is the problem specific to only one program? Are they wired or Bluetooth/wireless? Did you check if the drivers are installed? Check under control panel, device manager, to see if you can check for updates. I assume you've tried a different USB port as well?

Edit: forgot To say that testing different usb ports(as I mentioned above) and checking that you have the correct drivers(software bits that let the mouse and computer talk) are the first steps. You said you're putting in commands which makes me think you're using command prompt. If so, you'd have to be a tech wiz to use that to troubleshoot this issue. I guess the sfc/scannow command can find file system errors. But I DOUBT it would solve this.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
It's happeningwith 2 different mice, one was purchased this week, one last year.

But I have ;(
Hmm, if you're using differnet usb ports then the computer might be the issue
edit: try system restore?

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I have my own mouse induced trauma

Anon2662

Anon2662

Just a girl trapped in a psychological prison
Feb 13, 2020
I totally clicked this thread expecting someone saying their cat had brought in a little mouse which was running around their house taunting them because I for one would have a meltdown if there was a mouse in my house haha! If anyone has seen the 'catch it Derry' bat video - I imagined that but a mouse version haha!
(Sorry to hear you're having issues with your non living, non furry mouse though!)

edit: for anyone who hasn't seen the Catch it Derry video and is in need of a laugh.. here it is!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 14386, PhilosOfDoom and autumnal
Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020
Oh I know the feeling, I bought a new phone and battery drains almost as fast with screen off than with screen on. I tried every fix I found, apparently it's a known issue with this model... None of them work. I still can return it but where did I put all the shit that came in the box? Is it even worth bothering with, if I'm probably going to ctb soon?

theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Oh I know the feeling, I bought a new phone and battery drains almost as fast with screen off than with screen on. I tried every fix I found, apparently it's a known issue with this model... None of them work. I still can return it but where did I put all the shit that came in the box? Is it even worth bothering with, if I'm probably going to ctb soon?

Did you check that the software is up to date? Did you try factory resetting it yet? If you restored it from a backup it can also occasionally cause a problem.

Since it's a known issue, I'd recommend returning it if the above doesn't work. I can say that my lg g5 started having battery drain. It would die in standby within 28 hrs tops. After factory resetting, it will last days easily(airplane mode on).

I assume you've got an android. One
plus and Motorola have some pretty good phones for the price. Also buying a used older flagship model on ebay, or an open box lg phone can be cheaper. One plus has phones with a 400 something ppi resolution,but the processor is like a snapdragon 855 or something(really good) and is equivalent to the high end androids( that sell for close to a thousand).

Motorola has some low end models too.

Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020
Did you check that the software is up to date? Did you try factory resetting it yet? If you restored it from a backup it can also occasionally cause a problem.

Since it's a known issue, I'd recommend returning it if the above doesn't work. I can say that my lg g5 started having battery drain. It would die in standby within 28 hrs tops. After factory resetting, it will last days easily(airplane mode on).

plus and Motorola have some pretty good phones for the price. Also buying a used older flagship model on ebay, or an open box lg phone can be cheaper. One plus has phones with a 400 something ppi resolution,but the processor is like a snapdragon 855 or something(really good) and is equivalent to the high end androids( that sell for close to a thousand).

Oh yeah tried factory reset, battery calibrating, everything.

It's got stellar reviews and everything, best mid-range phone I found. Just a very small percentage experience battery drain.

If I was in an okay state, sure return it, or have it fixed with warranty or whatever but I'm just so tired of the endless problems that need fixing.

Last edited:
PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
It's possible the mouse was made for a different OS or hardware.
Technically, you're not wrong. I didn't want to get into the technical side of it sense this is a.... choice forum. But, I'm using linux. So, I've tested it on a different pc, and different usb ports, so rn it's a computer driver issue. I've installed and uninstalled the driver, done a semi factory reset, etc. Tons of people have had mouse issues, but not a single fix has worked so far. It'll probably come sooner or later, or by then I would've refunded it.
I totally clicked this thread expecting someone saying their cat had brought in a little mouse which was running around their house taunting them because I for one would have a meltdown if there was a mouse in my house haha! If anyone has seen the 'catch it Derry' bat video - I imagined that but a mouse version haha!
(Sorry to hear you're having issues with your non living, non furry mouse though!)

edit: for anyone who hasn't seen the Catch it Derry video and is in need of a laugh.. here it is!

Bruh that's fucking hilarious. O my. I... am going to share this with my buds irl, that is great. Thank you for saving me from a mental breakdown!
Are they Both the same brand? Is the problem specific to only one program? Are they wired or Bluetooth/wireless? Did you check if the drivers are installed? Check under control panel, device manager, to see if you can check for updates. I assume you've tried a different USB port as well?

Edit: forgot To say that testing different usb ports(as I mentioned above) and checking that you have the correct drivers(software bits that let the mouse and computer talk) are the first steps. You said you're putting in commands which makes me think you're using command prompt. If so, you'd have to be a tech wiz to use that to troubleshoot this issue. I guess the sfc/scannow command can find file system errors. But I DOUBT it would solve this.
One's a wireless receiver, other's wired. I tested all three usb ports, and a different computer. Entire computer, mouse will not function. I've narrowed it down to a driver issue on linux, more specifically that it's a generic driver instead of a Logitech driver (hdi-logitech-di driver.) I've uninstalled the generic, I've reinstalled others, etc. I think the mouse is just not gonna be able to happen, Linux drivers a whole lot different than windows.
I've gotten entirely off track, sorry xD

Last edited:
Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
Bruh that's fucking hilarious. O my. I... am going to share this with my buds irl, that is great. Thank you for saving me from a mental breakdown!

Hahaha it's one of my favourites!! Glad I could cheer you up slightly! I must admit, the thought of a mouse version of this was enough to make me smile :happy:

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
My mouse works, my USB ports are shoddy as hell though, slightest knock of the wire and its bye bye mouse! I have to flick between sockets to try and get it working again its a dick

PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
Hahaha it's one of my favourites!! Glad I could cheer you up slightly! I must admit, the thought of a mouse version of this was enough to make me smile :happy:
The accent helps so much as well. Ah man, can imagine it's a rich family, and derry's a butler or smth even though he's his dad lmao. "Derry. go higher! Did you get him?"

• Love
Reactions: Anon2662
Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
The accent helps so much as well. Ah man, can imagine it's a rich family, and derry's a butler or smth even though he's his dad lmao. "Derry. go higher! Did you get him?"
The accent definitely makes it 10x better! I love the Irish accent! imagine if he was haha 'He's making a mockery out of you...' :pfff:

PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
The accent definitely makes it 10x better! I love the Irish accent! imagine if he was haha 'He's making a mockery out of you...' :pfff:
"Bigger towel, Derry"! Just happens to have 2 window-ed doors to capture the full viewing experience :haha:

Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
"Bigger towel, Derry"! Just happens to have 2 window-ed doors to capture the full viewing experience :haha:
'You're no use behind the door' *said from behind other door* hahaha! I'm so glad it's made you laugh as much as it does me and I hope you manage to sort your mouse problem :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: PhilosOfDoom
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Tech support on a suicide forum, I'm loving it.

Reactions: autumnal, voyager and Deleted member 14386
N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
Tech support on a suicide forum, I'm loving it.
Sometimes, this forum takes the role of news report, sports, tech support, laws, psychiatry, and what not..... lolllllllllllll

D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020

That video made my week hahahah! I went on a YT spiral into funny british vids nearly pmsl
"He's like McGregor he's got no legs!":pfff:

Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
That video made my week hahahah! I went on a YT spiral into funny british vids nearly pmsl

"He's like McGregor he's got no legs!":pfff:
Hahaha I'm glad! There's some good ones out there isn't there? :pfff::pfff:

Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020

I finally sent it to service and got email today that they are replacing it with a new one.

This is such a relief and i don't really know who to tell.

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00
O

Otter

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020

The dog pissing!

• Love