plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
Can I drink glucose-water during fasting hours before I ctb with SN?
There are patients who are required to fast for 8 hours before surgeries, but they're allowed to drink until 2 hours before. I wonder if this kinda rule applys to drinking SN as well. Please answer me if u have any idea : )

Last edited:
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I think it's recommended to not eat or drink anything for several hours before. It greatly increases the chance of vomiting the SN.🌹💔

• Informative
Reactions: plan c, rozeske, Plato'sCaveDweller and 1 other person
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Fasting is definitely necessary! While some recommend an 8-hour fast, it's really important to listen to your body. If you start feeling hungry after 4 hours, then a 4-hour fast might work better for you. And remember, no liquids for two hours before taking the SN. If you find yourself needing something before that cutoff, water is your best bet (aka in the 4-8 hour fast period I'd stick to water).

As for glucose water specifically, it could potentially affect how the meto is absorbed, but the impact may not be significant for everyone. Meto is absorbed in the GI tract, and factors like stomach pH can come into play. Glucose can increase gastric acid production and slightly alter pH, but TBH there's no strong evidence that glucose water really disrupts meto absorption for most people. Still, since everyone reacts differently, it's best not to experiment too much to ensure everything goes smoothly!

I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

• Love
Reactions: plan c, cowboypants, rozeske and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It would be preferable not to fast to the point of needing a glucose supplement and just hydrate with just water up until the 2hr mark.

• Informative
Reactions: plan c