• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
Are any of these inherently mutually exclusive? I don't think so.

This has been on my mind for some time, but I've been reluctant to post about it because I didn't want to get lots of hateful responses... but I feel like I have no one to actually talk to about this. And it may seem insignificant to you guys, or at least not something worth getting upset about, but it's the nature of my mental illness to obsess over things I can't find the answer to.

First of all, I'm a straight male (if that matters). And the thing that really gets to me is when people see movies, t.v. Shows, magazines, or whatever, with attractive and scantily clad women, and they say it's degrading because they're objectifying women. So in my mind, I say, "so what if they're objectifying women?". Women -are- sexual objects, just like men are. It doesn't make them any less human or any less deserving of people's courtesy and respect.

All humans have many different aspects to them. Sexual allure is just one of them. And I don't see what is wrong with showing appreciation for it. If you're gonna say don't look at women (or men) as sex objects, I feel like you might as well just say "don't have sex," because that's exactly what people do when they have sex; they grab, grope, and think about things like, "oh I love this ass, these boobs, this cock, etc. etc." And they say it too.

I feel like what the people who complain about objectification should really be complaining about is looking at women JUST as objects, and disregarding the facts that they are human beings with feelings and ideas, and should be treated as such.

I also feel totally confused because I feel like society in general sends mixed messages about this kind of thing. Like, you always see in movies some scene where some kid is embarrassed about masturbating, and then it's revealed to him or her that it's totally normal and everyone does it. But then they say all this stuff about not objectifying women, I.e. not thinking about them sexually, and ... It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
T

Tiburcio

I'm just against the objectification of a determined form as the concept of beauty canon and forcing everyone to follow it. If everyone's body would be accepted and we stop imposing our tastes or others tastes to the rest of people, there wouldn't be problem with it. But instead of it only a determined group who can fulfill that idealization is admired, in both sexes.

Reactions: lv-gras
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
I'm just against the objectification of a determined form as the concept of beauty canon and forcing everyone to follow it. If everyone's body would be accepted and we stop imposing our tastes or others tastes to the rest of people, there wouldn't be problem with it. But instead of it only a determined group who can fulfill that idealization is admired, in both sexes.

I don't really see that happening anywhere. But I don't interact with people that much.

I've never seen anyone, anywhere, say, "this is beautiful, and if you don't see it, you're just wrong (or ignorant or whatever)." I've heard that kind of thing about music and literature, but not about physical attractiveness of human bodies.