adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Do you sometimes look at your past and think, glad that it's in the past now and that it's over and then catch yourself thinking... but it shouldn't be this way, I shouldn't be relieved because one chunk of my life passed... it's not fair, just to be glad it's over and then you've got people who passed their time so beautifully and you are just glad yours is over. It's so pathetic and unfair...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Metalhead, darksideofthebright, not4us and 19 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I feel like that. I wouldn't want to repeat anything. I'm used to feeling pathetic and unfair though, very happy for it to end. I'm not that sentimental about it though, I don't see that much beauty but just everyone suffering

• Hugs
Reactions: LONE WOLF., darksideofthebright, Lostandlooking and 5 others
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I feel like that. I wouldn't want to repeat anything. I'm used to feeling pathetic and unfair though, very happy for it to end. I'm not that sentimental about it though, I don't see that much beauty but just everyone suffering
Not everyone is suffering, but those who are it's bitter for them
I think some people would gladly repeat their lives...

Reactions: Miss_Takes
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
We all struggle and deep down I think everyone is relieved to be that much closer to the end of it all, on some level. But what I never understood is why "the lie" is so pervasive. Why is life so inherently great? Surely most people have pretty miserable lives, full of doubt, worry, fear, ill health, loneliness, poverty, etc. I guess I just wish we as a society could be more honest about how difficult life is. Everywhere I look I see Facebook fakery and joyful commercials. It feels like we're just constantly denying reality.

• Love
Reactions: LONE WOLF., darksideofthebright, pthnrdnojvsc and 10 others
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I think people who lived a full life like for example Mick Jagger would go all through it again... in life you can experience so many great highs but some people just aren't that lucky

Reactions: Metalhead, SadRat and Deleted member 22624
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Do you think the majority of ppl- outside of this site- are happy with their lives? I wonder how painful they find life, on a scale from 1-10. Probably, like 3.

Reactions: MindFrog, pthnrdnojvsc, Deleted member 94 and 3 others
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I think they're a 7 to 10s. I think people are generally okay with their lives. Some are actually happy, some lucky ones...

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
We all struggle and deep down I think everyone is relieved to be that much closer to the end of it all, on some level. But what I never understood is why "the lie" is so pervasive. Why is life so inherently great? Surely most people have pretty miserable lives, full of doubt, worry, fear, ill health, loneliness, poverty, etc. I guess I just wish we as a society could be more honest about how difficult life is. Everywhere I look I see Facebook fakery and joyful commercials. It feels like we're just constantly denying reality.
I was browsing this AM from a place filled with fucking televisions. I hate how so many public settings force corporate media and fake joyful ads on you. I can be a very cheery person but one thing I always hated in life is how in so many public environments this happens. And you can't tell them to turn them off

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Lostandlooking, SadRat and 2 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I think people who lived a full life like for example Mick Jagger would go all through it again... in life you can experience so many great highs but some people just aren't that lucky
I wonder if I even want to know what that would feel like. I'm sure it would be addictive. No wonder we have so many greedy billionaires that want to live forever.

I'm glad I'm not hooked on getting that high, just happy focused on settling into my little space 6ft underground

Reactions: SadRat
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Comparison is the thief of joy. My parents told me never to compare myself with others.

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog, Ghost2211, SadRat and 3 others
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Personally, I'm like a two. I don't like life. But, some distractions make it somewhat bearable at times.

Reactions: parasytes_, Deleted member 94, SadRat and 1 other person
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I wonder if I even want to know what that would feel like. I'm sure it would be addictive. No wonder we have so many greedy billionaires that want to live forever.

I'm glad I'm not hooked on getting that high, just happy focused on settling into my little space 6ft underground
I would like to know how it is to have a great and fulfilled life!

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Same here.

• Hugs
Reactions: SadRat and adam&eve
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Comparison is the thief of joy. My parents told me never to compare myself with others.
It's not about comparison, it's about seeing that things can be the other way...

Reactions: LastFlowers, Ghost2211, SadRat and 1 other person
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I would like to know how it is to have a great and fulfilled life!
But then you'd have the other problem of not wanting to die and it all coming to an end

Reactions: Deleted member 94 and SadRat
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
But then you'd have the other problem of not wanting to die and it all coming to an end
Hahahaha, I think I would prefer that actually :)

Reactions: SadRat and Deleted member 22624
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020

I actually think most of the billionaires are tortured souls. Notice many of the Uber wealthy only chase more wealth , up until like days before their death. It's always amazing how someone can have all the wealth to buy every conceivable thing and they chase more to their dying day. It's definitely a pathology for sure !

Reactions: Secrets1, adam&eve, Deleted member 22624 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I think a lot of it has to do with emotional sensitivity- or the lack of it. Ppl who are very sensitive-like Jim Morrison- tend to have a more negative view of life & view it as full of suffering. I remember he said something very anti-natalist. Also, his fiance, Pamela Courson, was a sensitive soul who couldn't cope with the aftermath of Jim's death & died of heroin dependency.
"People fear death even more than they fear pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over."
Other ppl who are less sensitive fall for the rock n roll lifestyle & mostly have a great time. Take Mick Jagger and one of his groupies, Anita Pallenberg.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, demuic, adam&eve and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm glad of many things who are finally over but also depressed on the ones I couldn't do properly and ended up becoming me the way I am.
Memories are haunting me! Need a time machine ASAP.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and Deleted member 22624
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I'm glad of many things who are finally over but also depressed on the ones I couldn't do properly and ended up becoming me the way I am.
Memories are haunting me! Need a time machine ASAP.
What are those, if it isn't too personal?

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What are those, if it isn't too personal?
Well the happy times are easy to say: being a joyful child and decent human being.

Then the wrong decisions came: quitting my job, university, breaking up with my ex girlfriend, gaining lots of pounds and becoming totally out of shape, not treating my depresion, bipolarity and my schizophrenic mother (who is making me go crazier) before.

This all sucks and I'll be happy to leave this world. I'm really sorry for my dad and dog, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 23885, demuic and adam&eve
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Well the happy times are easy to say: being a joyful child and decent human being.

Then the wrong decisions came: quitting my job, university, breaking up with my ex girlfriend, gaining lots of pounds and becoming totally out of shape, not treating my depresion, bipolarity and my schizophrenic mother (who is making me go crazier) before.

This all sucks and I'll be happy to leave this world. I'm really sorry for my dad and dog, though.
I understand you. Some decisions can lead to low situations. And then the guilt is enormous. Maybe depression and bipolarity was caused by your situation. But I can totally relate to making bad decisions. It is possible to turn around things, though.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Do you sometimes look at your past and think, glad that it's in the past now and that it's over and then catch yourself thinking... but it shouldn't be this way, I shouldn't be relieved because one chunk of my life passed... it's not fair, just to be glad it's over and then you've got people who passed their time so beautifully and you are just glad yours is over. It's so pathetic and unfair...
I means it's make you think. If 1/3 of your life has passed and it hasn't been worth it will the other 2/3? Probably not, unless something major changes which is very optimistic.

Reactions: adam&eve
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I means it's make you think. If 1/3 of your life has passed and it hasn't been worth it will the other 2/3? Probably not, unless something major changes which is very optimistic.
People often report that some periods were better than other, so there is always some slim chance... that something will turn around. Hmmm.

T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
If you think the past life just a dream, you will feel better. It will end one day. I didn't know how terrible your life. Life is unfair, but what we can do. I think people in SS are nice because they will not physically hurt others. We just hoped the terrible nightmare will end ASAP.

• Love
Reactions: SadRat and adam&eve
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I think if you can tolerate the bad, it just needs patience. If not, the good stuff is immaterial

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
People often report that some periods were better than other, so there is always some slim chance... that something will turn around. Hmmm.

absolutely, it's even better than slim if you stay driver, but at the same time is that worth the struggle to you?

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I agree. If life was worth it, I wouldn't be looking back thinking "I'm glad that's over" the entire way through. I had good experiences but they are too few and far between and overwhelmed with bad things that most people want to block out and ignore.

• Love
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I agree. If life was worth it, I wouldn't be looking back thinking "I'm glad that's over" the entire way through. I had good experiences but they are too few and far between and overwhelmed with bad things that most people want to block out and ignore.
Yes that is kinda sad. Like there even wasn't a chance given.

absolutely, it's even better than slim if you stay driver, but at the same time is that worth the struggle to you?

You mean, if I endure without CTB?
I don't know, that is a good question.
I am a f***ing coward... I am scared of death and what comes after. The least I can do in that situation is hope something will slightly change so it will be slightly better. But life let me down already, I am wondering who is God to do this to people, to let them be born in this world just for them to be let down and suffer. What is the point?

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I often think along those lines.