T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Hi so I'm ending my life soon well more than likely November.
I don't have a will and don't really have much to give away.

I did however buy my mum a necklace in the hope that gives some nice memory for her.

Most of my stuff is TV,PS4, drawings I've done, laptop, mobile so easy to sell on,throw away. I've got rid of the majority of crap at my bungalow.

In terms of sofas, bed, maybe wardrobes what's best to do? Leave numbers for charities, leave cash for a skip? For those left behind. I unfortunately can't get rid of these before I go because it'll make things too obvious even though I live alone

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Trayus, Hopeindeath! and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019

I did however buy my mum a necklace in the hope that gives some nice memory for her.

Most of my stuff is TV,PS4, drawings I've done, laptop, mobile so easy to sell on,throw away. I've got rid of the majority of crap at my bungalow.

In terms of sofas, bed, maybe wardrobes what's best to do? Leave numbers for charities, leave cash for a skip? For those left behind. I unfortunately can't get rid of these before I go because it'll make things too obvious even though I live alone
Very considerate and kind of you to do these things.
Yeah i would have thought specifying which charity youd like to use. I know the british heart foundation sell a lot of furniture.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and ronigail9
Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020

I'm planning on giving my stuff away like clothes or electronics like my laptop to different charity. Hopefully they'll be able to put to better use or even sell them and use the money to fund help for someone else. When it comes to money I don't have much of it so I'm splitting between being extra generous and giving the small number of friends at good birthday gift and leaving the other half to cats rescue.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Very considerate and kind of you to do these things.
Yeah i would have thought specifying which charity youd like to use. I know the british heart foundation sell a lot of furniture.
Bhf tend to only accept furniture that's still got the fire safety tags still on. I got my furniture from Facebook marketspace personally. I know what I have left would possibly fit in a big skip if it came to it.

The money I get paid when I choose my exact death date il withdraw and put in envelope for parents to help with costs. I'm on benefits so don't get loads.

I'm also leaving a list of organisations they need to contact including my account numbers/payment reference stuff.

I mean I've written a full notebook of stuff for coroner in the hope that it'll make the coroner's inquest shorter as gives my reasons

• Hugs
Reactions: Mm80
R

ronigail9

Student
Oct 5, 2019
In the US anything that is unwanted such as furniture too big to haul I will usually post on OfferUp, Craigslist, FB marketplace etc, in the FREE section people usually beg to come haul it away

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211, TJuk and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
We have several charity organizations where I live that take away furniture and other household items if you call them.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and ronigail9
T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Thanks I just wasn't sure. I've heard that once someone has died that lived in council housing the family/people left behind have a week to empty and get out of property however I live alone with dog so don't know if a week would stand still. So basically trying to make a shit time as stress-free as possible even though I know it's still going to be hard for them.

I've lost people to suicide so I'm aware it's a crappy loss

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Mm80
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
I'm people won't think much of it unless you plan to get rid of a load of stuff in one day.

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Thanks I just wasn't sure. I've heard that once someone has died that lived in council housing the family/people left behind have a week to empty and get out of property however I live alone with dog so don't know if a week would stand still. So basically trying to make a shit time as stress-free as possible even though I know it's still going to be hard for them.

I've lost people to suicide so I'm aware it's a crappy loss

Only a week?? I'm in a housing association place (not sure if that is the same as Council housing) and although I've looked through their website and through my tenants' handbook, I couldn't see any mention of a deadline for moving out. Luckily I'm packing my stuff so it'll be easier for it to be removed if there is only a week allowed.

• Hugs
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019

Giving stuff away is a classic sign of planned suicide so I'd avoid it so people don't suspect. I don't know where you live but in a lot of countries writing a basic will is straightforward so try looking it up online.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyNick
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
@TJuk

I found this on a HA website :

If you're the next of kin or executor of a tenant who has died, contact us for guidance on how to end the tenancy. Please give us a copy of the death certificate. If you aren't the next of kin, please give us details of the next of kin or executor.

Housing benefits stop on the date of the tenant's death, and any rent due must be paid from any money they have left until we get the keys back. We will also serve a 'Notice to Quit' on the executor or next of kin, giving a date by which we need the property to be emptied.

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Only a week?? I'm in a housing association place (not sure if that is the same as Council housing) and although I've looked through their website and through my tenants' handbook, I couldn't see any mention of a deadline for moving out. Luckily I'm packing my stuff so it'll be easier for it to be removed if there is only a week allowed.
Yeah I think it's same thing.

Since writing what I did, I've found out that a council house near where I used to live, but would be same council. Have had an house that was 3 bedroom so quite in demand type of property and cos the death was unexpected it took longer to get it emptied.

I am two weeks in advance with rent anyway so I think that would give them extra time

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
my 25 yr old son died in a car accident the 13th will be 3 years. Thats nice you got your mum a necklace. If you give it to her to close to your CTB it will be mixed feelings when she wears or looks at it. My son did not have a pw on his computer. I looked in it and have all his emails-as a way of keeping him alive I guess. It would be helpful for you to say where or what charities you want your items to go to. I have most of my sons things, I gave some to his car buddies. I have an attachment to his things and haven't been able to let go yet

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Helheim, voyager, Trayus and 3 others
T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
@TJuk

I found this on a HA website :

Thanks in that case I should be mostly ok then. Not sure how long anyone would need to empty someone's one bedroom bungalow
my 25 yr old son died in a car accident the 13th will be 3 years. Thats nice you got your mum a necklace. If you give it to her to close to your CTB it will be mixed feelings when she wears or looks at it. My son did not have a pw on his computer. I looked in it and have all his emails-as a way of keeping him alive I guess. It would be helpful for you to say where or what charities you want your items to go to. I have most of my sons things, I gave some to his car buddies. I have an attachment to his things and haven't been able to let go yet
Thanks and I'm sorry for your loss..

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Sinkinshyp
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Giving stuff away is a classic sign of planned I'd avoid it so people don't suspect. I don't know where you live but in a lot of countries writing a basic will is straightforward so try looking it up online.

that's why you don't rush your decision and plans as everything has to be thought about as it could be considered. Do your parents know anything about it or do you previous
Unsuccessful attempts as they all look out for these signs.

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
I've not rushed my decision, I have no specific date as it may need to change. I will have to set one since I know I need to fast and also certain amount of time been alone (which in my case includes text messages - mum gets concerned if I don't text her back, so I'm having to watch her routines to give SN long enough)

None of my attempts have a routine I did before. Avoiding will writing as been 27 I don't want to raise suspicion.

Everything I would have said, I said after my most recent attempt early August. Slowly getting rid of things without it been obvious

• Hugs
Reactions: Trayus
TripleA

TripleA

life is a struggle you cannot win
Sep 25, 2020

How you will try ctb?

T

Trayus

Oct 3, 2020
I wish you all the best. I left an unofficial will next to my suicide notes, since i have a very connection with my family i know they will respect it. If you can, make sure to provide some cash for your funeral, these are very expensive in some countries.

S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Remember to give yourself time and plan every eventuality and possible detail as the path you are going go down is final.

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
I'm going in November but there's a few things happening before then, my birthday is 8th November so going to have to be careful as parents want to do something for my birthday.... People are saying we may be going into another lockdown I duno how true that is