• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

X

xhelx

decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
I'm not going to ctb at least until summer, but I'm already making plans. I really wish I had some friends that I could give my things away to. I dont want my parents to have to deal with all the clutter after I'm gone. I was thinking about leaving my room as empty as possible, just to make the clean up easier for them.
Are you giving anything away before you ctb? Why/why not?

Last edited:
Reactions: houseofleaves
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
I think I would donate my clothes to the less fortunate. I still have some old toys saved and I think they would serve to entertain those who never had the opportunity to have one. I don't have money, so I wouldn't be able to donate to any institution, but if I had I would.

vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
I'm currently in this process, I have accumulated so much crap.

I made a list of all the things I own (including small things like cuttlery, seasonal clothes, house plants, drapes, … ). And I split them into three piles: give away, throw away, keep in the flat (for things like air purifier). For giving them away I use a regional website where you offer it for free and people come pick it up, no need to send it anywhere and it's private.

Sometimes it's emotional, yesterday I threw away a gift from my little brother - this little wooden statue he got me in south America, Christmas cookie cutters and decorations, swimming trunks and music sheets.

But it's also peaceful in a way 😌

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I have a large collection of anime goods/merch that I would probably sell off so my family could have large sums of money if I die. It's the least I can do for them, considering how much of a burden I've been to them my whole life.

• Love
Reactions: Linda
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
here's a list of all the technology i have

£270 50inch smart tv 4k
£125 32 inch smart tv android
£150 netbook 14inch 8gb 128gb ssd windows 11
£150 laptop 14inch 8gb 128gb ssd 512gb hdd windows 10
£150 one plus 6t 8gb 128gb
£60 windows 10 tablet 4gb ram 64gb ssd
£55 2tb portable hard driver
£125 pc stick windows 10 4k, 6gb, 128gb ssd
£100 wii u and ps3
£40 wireless keyboard and mouse and game controler
£20 bluetooth speaker
£30 webcam
£15 portable battery bank

i'll let my family decided what to do with it

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
It's a nice and sentimental thought..its just that...I don't own anything worth giving away. No trinket...nothing.

recat

recat

That is my brain.
Mar 1, 2024
For me since I am a BMW collector nuthead I am preparing a will, i have things worth far too much money to just leave behind to my partner who neglected me. Since I will be using my car to transport myself to my final destination, far away from society in some forests, I can't give it away, so I will put it in the will to give it to one of the few friends who were kind to me in this life. I would like to prepare a waterproofed trailer full of the stuff of value to just take it and leave it parked at the house of who I can trust to help with the will... but money, money money. I too want to CTB at minimum by the summer.. but there's too many things to plan and with SN being harder to get now.. who knows when oor what way i will be using to go to the next life.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yes, it makes sense to do that. But only if you are 100% certain that you are going to ctb. Otherwise you will finish up alive and poor - which isn't a great combination.

Last edited:
Reactions: ali.hamza
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Keep in mind that there is a chance to fail the attempt and then you might need to buy all your stuff again.
I was thinking about leaving my room as empty as possible, just to make the clean up easier for them.
Don't you think that might look suspicious to your parents when you make your room "empty"? That might raise questions?

Last edited:
X

xhelx

decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
Keep in mind that there is a chance to fail the attempt and then you might need to buy all your stuff again.

Don't you think that might look suspicious to your parents when you make your room "empty"? That might raise questions?
I'm supposed to go to college and move into a dorm this fall, I've already told them I want to empty my room of "the old stuff" since I'm "basically moving away" and "I will get some new things when I move into my own apartament after college"
If I fail or decide to not ctb I guess the excuse will become reality, which is not that bad tbh.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah. That's exactly what I've been doing the last year. I don't have anyone to give things to, either. I'm liquidating what I can for cash, and other things that I don't feel like bothering with, I'm just taking up to local Goodwills and Salvation Army stores. Don't know how old the OP is, but I can tell you that when you've been in a house for nearly 30 years, you accumulate a lot of stuff. Add on top of that parent's possessions from when they passed, and it's quite an ordeal to rid oneself of things. I've been doing it for pretty much the exact same reason as the OP - so that whomever is going to have to deal with my estate once I'm gone has less of a job to do. It will be a professional executor hire by the court since I have no one to appoint. That's exactly what I'm doing, too - handling my own estate, at least as far as cleaning things out, before my death. Frankly, anything I do have is just stuff that I don't care about anymore anyway. I haven't had interest in anything in a long time.