• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lyiu

lyiu

anywhere but home
Nov 10, 2023
if i did tell her i wouldve said "i found a forum for people with mental illness/suicidality and i just talk on there.." not give that much detail but i also dont want to tell her because idk what she will say if she asks questions and shit yk- but i feel SUPER guilty abt not telling her bc i tell her everything- just try to convince me to not tell her..

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and betternever2havbeen
-w-

-w-

Traveler
Nov 10, 2023
You should probably just tell her. Almost all therapists I've had have been super understanding in general and they just want you to be ok.

• Love
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, Kit1, Freyja13 and 1 other person
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
Iv told multiple of my therapists about this site over the years, they either already knew of this specific site or knew of similar ones. Iv yet to meet a therapist that has told me not to use the site. They just tell me to exercise caution, which makes sense since , their job is basically to help me not kill myself. Regardless , I do not think it would hurt to tell them about it. Looking for a community of similar people is normal.

Reactions: Kit1, february in alaska, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
lyiu

lyiu

anywhere but home
Nov 10, 2023
Iv told multiple of my therapists about this site over the years, they either already knew of this specific site or knew of similar ones. Iv yet to meet a therapist that has told me not to use the site. They just tell me to exercise caution, which makes sense since , their job is basically to help me not kill myself. Regardless , I do not think it would hurt to tell them about it. Looking for a community of similar people is normal.
alright thanks I think I will tell her, she is super understanding- ive been seeing her for 4 years now
You should probably just tell her. Almost all therapists I've had have been super understanding in general and they just want you to be ok.
yeah I just texted her abt it. thanks!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: viljalauss, Kit1 and Spike Spiegel
-w-

-w-

Traveler
Nov 10, 2023
alright thanks I think I will tell her, she is super understanding- ive been seeing her for 4 years now

yeah I just texted her abt it. thanks!
<3333

Reactions: Kit1 and lyiu
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
This site offers a lot of support beyond just plotting your CTB. I would empathize you just use it for those aspects and are not imminently planning anything (if you have to mention the CTB planning side of things at all).

Reactions: NocturnILL, Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023
I would not say anything. It affects us all. Your therapist will tell local authorities and more draconian legal pressure will be levied. Its a bit selfish I think.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Kit1, DeadWallflower and 2 others
lyiu

lyiu

anywhere but home
Nov 10, 2023
I would not say anything. It affects us all. Your therapist will tell local authorities and more draconian legal pressure will be levied. Its a bit selfish I think.
dude i didnt say any details abt the site or anything not even its name so calm down lmao

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, Kit1, Spike Spiegel and 1 other person
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
Its not selfish, this site has a whole recovery subforum for a reason. Also I would not make such assumptions about a therapist this person clearly trusts, whom you don't know at all.

• Love
Reactions: zeldalover, owano, Kit1 and 3 others
Cinnamon9326

Cinnamon9326

I'm Ben.
Oct 31, 2023
I'm genuinely surprised that most people are suggesting to tell her. I wasn't even thinking of telling my therapist about SaSu, and I'm not even suicidal (I'm ideating, planning, but not like choosing dates or anything). He never even brought up CTB'ing. Only once did he very casually and jokingly said something like "well in that case why don't you just CTB", to which I replied something like "lol, a bit too early for that". But otherwise I never talked about it with none of my therapists over the years.

And I am a bit afraid of the topic tbh - because I'm not sure what I'd say if he asked :) .. I'm hoping I'd be able to (somewhat respectfully) explicitly avoid the topic if he ever brings it up, but what if that'll sound worse than the truth, right?

Could this be a real concern? Or is it just my usual anxiety kicking in? Did anyone got dumped by therapist for CTB intent? Or like me, just ideation? Or reported somewhere? Because on the other hand, I'm thinking - he knows most of my issues. Why would he be surprised if I wanted to put an end to them? Like... He even proposed it ffs :)

Reactions: Kit1
lyiu

lyiu

anywhere but home
Nov 10, 2023
I'm genuinely surprised that most people are suggesting to tell her. I wasn't even thinking of telling my therapist about SaSu, and I'm not even suicidal (I'm ideating, planning, but not like choosing dates or anything). He never even brought up CTB'ing. Only once did he very casually and jokingly said something like "well in that case why don't you just CTB", to which I replied something like "lol, a bit too early for that". But otherwise I never talked about it with none of my therapists over the years.

And I am a bit afraid of the topic tbh - because I'm not sure what I'd say if he asked :) .. I'm hoping I'd be able to (somewhat respectfully) explicitly avoid the topic if he ever brings it up, but what if that'll sound worse than the truth, right?

Could this be a real concern? Or is it just my usual anxiety kicking in? Did anyone got dumped by therapist for CTB intent? Or like me, just ideation? Or reported somewhere? Because on the other hand, I'm thinking - he knows most of my issues. Why would he be surprised if I wanted to put an end to them? Like... He even proposed it ffs :)
trust me when I say therapists have heard it all- a client having suicidal thoughts is basically not really an ACTUAL concern unless if u genuinely have a plan- therapists dont dump u for CBT i mean thats their job. I always tell my therapist and psychiatrist about my suicidal thoughts- people think that u will get admitted to the hospital right away when that isnt the truth, they only admit u if u say ur planning to do it and stuff- even with cutting/self harm I tell them about it and they still dont have to admit me. Idk if this answers ur question but im just saying ITS OKAY to tell ur therapist about these things, thats why they are here. Good luck <3

• Informative
Reactions: Kit1 and Cinnamon9326
Cinnamon9326

Cinnamon9326

I'm Ben.
Oct 31, 2023
trust me when I say therapists have heard it all- a client having suicidal thoughts is basically not really an ACTUAL concern unless if u genuinely have a plan- therapists dont dump u for CBT i mean thats their job. I always tell my therapist and psychiatrist about my suicidal thoughts- people think that u will get admitted to the hospital right away when that isnt the truth, they only admit u if u say ur planning to do it and stuff- even with cutting/self harm I tell them about it and they still dont have to admit me. Idk if this answers ur question but im just saying ITS OKAY to tell ur therapist about these things, thats why they are here. Good luck <3
Yup, I think I should tell him. Rather than planning it's more like I'm trying to make sure I'm able to CTB if/when I ever need to.

I was also a bit concerned about being somehow banned from getting a gun permit in future. But I've tried to obtain it once already, and my GP wanted me to get a psychological assessment - which I wasn't brave enough to go get. So I'm kind of banned anyway, I guess :)

Thank you, lyiu, I think I'll try to tell him. If he dumps me, at least I'll be content that I told him the truth..

Reactions: Kit1
lyiu

lyiu

anywhere but home
Nov 10, 2023
ofc always happy to help. If a professional abandons u if u tell them the truth about CTB thoughts then that means they are unprofessional and u deserve better than that- remember if a professional dumbs u its not ur fault!

Reactions: Kit1 and Cinnamon9326
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
The only person I did tell was my therapist - though I did not mention the name of the sight. Also told her how this helps me and she seemed reluctantly accepting and fine about it.

ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
My therapist knows about this site. I haven't told him the name of it. He now commonly asks me if/how much I've been coming to this site, presumably as a means of gauging my current level of suicidality.

Cinnamon9326

Cinnamon9326

I'm Ben.
Oct 31, 2023
ofc always happy to help. If a professional abandons u if u tell them the truth about CTB thoughts then that means they are unprofessional and u deserve better than that- remember if a professional dumbs u its not ur fault!
You were right! I told him and we talked about CTB the whole session. I *might* have *very mildly* freaked him out, idk. But above all, he was very appreciative of me telling him.

I told him about this website, too. I mean, right now SaSu doesn't make me more suicidal or anything, on the contrary, it's actually very therapeutic for me. And if I ever decide to CTB, at this point I'm not even gonna need SaSu to do that anyway lol.

So yeah - thanks a lot! I'd probably never told him if you didn't assure me it was going to be okay :)