tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
i walked the bridge twice, and there are still significant gaps, mostly around the two structural heights. the most gaps are around the south structure. unfortunately any place that there are gaps has fencing attached to the railing. it seems very possible to hop the railing and simply walk along it past the fencing and jump through the gaps, but it would take time. the fence might actually be a benefit here because i can see it preventing people from being able to get to you quickly or pull you back over the rail. the patrol is the most dense around these gaps though, so you have to be fast in hoping over and getting behind the fence, but it might actually be possible. the net is certainly 95% done and any attempt would need to be asap as the gaps could close any day. i haven't decided if potentially getting caught is worth trying but for now im aiming to attempt on friday. i took photos at best as a could to show where the gaps and fencing is on the south structure. its hard to believe that for nearly 100 years you could simply pick any place on the bridge and jump. IMG 7572 IMG 7578

• Hugs
Reactions: FlyAwayHoney, Circles and diseasedstreetcat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best of luck with your plans, I hope that you find the freedom you are searching for, those who choose this method really are so courageous to me.

FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
I use to live around the bay area, and the golden gate bridge has always had this alluring nature. The waters below just beckon you to take the plunge. I always understood why people chose that place as their final destination.

Have you ever watched "The Bridge"? The documentary about people who have jumped (with actual footage). I assume you probably have. I use to often.

Anyway…I'm not in the area anymore, but that bridge has always been the spot in the back of head. I don't think I would ever be able to get the courage to jump though. Along with them making renovations to make it harder for those who want to.

Peace be with you. It is an incredibly beautiful location to chose.

tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
I wish you the best of luck with your plans, I hope that you find the freedom you are searching for, those who choose this method really are so courageous to me.
thank you. i dont feel courageous haha. i really hope this method will end up being peaceful
I use to live around the bay area, and the golden gate bridge has always had this alluring nature. The waters below just beckon you to take the plunge. I always understood why people chose that place as their final destination.

Have you ever watched "The Bridge"? The documentary about people who have jumped (with actual footage). I assume you probably have. I use to often.

Anyway…I'm not in the area anymore, but that bridge has always been the spot in the back of head. I don't think I would ever be able to get the courage to jump though. Along with them making renovations to make it harder for those who want to.

Peace be with you. It is an incredibly beautiful location to chose.
yes exactly. i was already suicidal before i moved here but the bridge has a unique calling. it is incredibly beautiful and majestic, walking along it was an almost spiritual experience. i desperately wanted to just hop the rail right then. the water below is so inviting, it tricks you into thinking its closer than it is. the idea of dying in my shitty apartment is so unappealing when i could be there instead.

i have watched the doc a few times, the videos of people jumping (but especially gene of course) are so haunting but give me a lot of courage.

i haven't decided if its worth the risk of being caught by patrol or not, but its really what my heart is set on and i dont know if i can go through with another method until i at least try.

Last edited: