S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I've been erasing as much of my digital self as I can before I do it completely. Deleting old accounts ect.
One thing I noticed though is how physical media: Books, CDs, dvds ect are harder to throw away. There is something of yourself embodied within them. Like the book will fall open on the specific part you've read over or pages of it will be tanned from the sun from the beach on a specific holiday. Memories of the now defunct CD store I picked them up from and the friends I had then whereas the spotify list can just be wiped or reset.
Maybe I'm a hoarder and never knew, haha. Anyone else get this experience?

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, SuicidallyCurious, infinitelove and 5 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I never even thought about removing traces of myself. I wonder if it's better for loved ones. Why are you hell bent on removing traces of yourself?

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I had a box full of sentimental photos, letters, trinkets and pieces of art I'd made. Along with sketchbooks full of my work. Celebratory cards going back years. I burned the lot and it felt liberating. I just threw the last photos I had of my childhood straight in the bin and felt nothing. I'm disposing of my past. I barely remember it except the odd nightmarish negative experience that continues to intrude and torture me forever. I have emptiness left where I should have memories of less mentally ill times.

I find digital media more difficult to deal with. Wipe and dispose of all data storage devices. Legacy settings on accounts you can't immediately close.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, MiserableBastard1995, Sakura94 and 1 other person
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I'll probably just throw out my art and journals and give my steam account to one of my friends.
There are some programs that may trace your digital footprint but I don't know any notable names for them.
Deleting my emails is pretty much it.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I never even thought about removing traces of myself. I wonder if it's better for loved ones. Why are you hell bent on removing traces of yourself?
Idk I started removing myself from society and started liking it like im removing myself the world. Physical stuff seems harder.

Reactions: LoneMisery, Decidueye, SuicidallyCurious and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I think it's pretty much impossible now especially /w the social media's . A lot of that stuff has been scrubbed off by private companies and NSA type agencies. Even some physical media like a PC a lot of people are ignorant and just delete files not realizing it isn't that simple. CDs too can be pieced back together by feds and digital investigators unless they're totally ruined , like shredded into dust

Decidueye

Decidueye

Existing
Apr 16, 2021
I really like the idea of erasing traces of yourself.

I understand about feeling a connection to physical stuff though. Sometimes I look around my place and want to burn it all. Other times I can't stand the idea of it being gone and my memories with it.

Reactions: LoneMisery
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would love for my whole life to just disappear without a trace, any memories of me too.
I like idea of getting rid and erasing things as it kind of finalises that you are leaving this world. If I was to CTB, I would want to do that. However I am a hoarder so it is easier said and done. I don't really feel a connection to much of my stuff though, I just keep stuff for the sake of it.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Can we just get rid of Zionist media instead ?