• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

InLoveWithAGhost

InLoveWithAGhost

Jan 20, 2023
Everywhere I look they're either full, faith-based, or ridiculously far away. It's starting to feel like I'm never going to be able to live on my own. But I need to keep going, if not for ny sake, then for that of my partner. There's still a couple months until we move in together, and while it won't solve all our problems, it will make it so we have more access to each other, and since we're both loners without many other ties, it means a lot. It's painful. I don't want to keep being in pain. But I want to get out of this hole so badly.

I am at least back on meds, but it feels like they get less effective by the day. Typical. I find myself in the same listless haze, and I know that something has to change.

Sorry if this is the wrong subsection of the forum.

love is abandoned

love is abandoned

Missing Fragments
Mar 17, 2023
sorry for the ignorance, but may i ask what "faith based providers" are?

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
People that try to evangelize while they therapize. I'm sure it's great for people that have a good relationship with God, but for those of us that don't, it's less than great.
Sorry I just don't understand also. Therapists?

Glad you're moving in, that sounds like a helpful step.

Reactions: InLoveWithAGhost
InLoveWithAGhost

InLoveWithAGhost

Jan 20, 2023
Are the non-faith based therapies constantly full or is there any other way you could maybe sign up for them? Atleast where i live one could call the respective Therapy Branch of the State or Church and theyd immediately look for when one would be able to attend therapy the soonest, and if the waiting time is too long theyd usually find good alternatives in the area. Although youve probably done that already id imagine. Wish you all the best in any case 🙏
Yeah, I called my insurance a few times to see who was available, but a lot of them are full. I just don't live in an area with a lot of therapists, unfortunately. It's a small town and pretty much anyone who's providing mental health care is in a city an hour drive away. Thank you for your well wishes.