• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ripbug

ripbug

pretending happily ever after
Feb 16, 2022
i dont see many people talking about this and for a while it has been the only logical way i can see myself ctb. i know theres threads about getting hit by a train but theres no accessible train tracks where i am but there is however a major highway walking distance. i think a lot of people disprove of this method because it does have the possibility to hurt someone else and thats selfish but i just want to put myself first for once in my life. i cant see myself doing any other method because of my fear but for some reason that seems to be the only way it could work out… if i just walked out there at night wearing all black no one would see me. people go 80+ mph on that highway everyday. i am worried there could be a chance i live and im forever mangled and more miserable than ever and theres also a chance i could kill someone else by causing a domino car crash effect. the homicidal tendencies in my mind dont seem to care because if its over for me then i will find peace and the one thing thats certain is everyone will die in this world, but i just need to speed it up.
i feel bad sharing this because it seems extremely selfish to say i dont really mind if others are harmed in my attempt to move on, but i just need to get this out there with people who may understand where im coming from…

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Checkmate64, inanimate and 1 other person
Toxic Positivity

Toxic Positivity

At my own pace
Feb 11, 2022
You haven't done anything selfish, because so far it is just a thought. Thoughts are not to be afraid of. That said, let's discuss your method.

Cursory research indicates that <1% of people choose this method, and data seems limited on success rate. There seems to be more success with head injury resultant from the collision. Choosing a heavier vehicle to jump in front of, and jumping from a concealed position, both seem to increase likelihood of success. These are the musings of a study I found that was largely unhelpful.

I think you should go back to the drawing board on this one. Let's talk about the person you are unwittingly conscripting into your plan. It's not fair to traumatize them like that. You already have an intuition for this, so I think you should explore that further. Suicide is already so tragic that it feels like it shouldn't be compounded by involving strangers without their consent. I realize you must be in a lot of pain to even consider such an option and I'm sorry you're going through this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RealLostSoul, Huntfish34, summertimestars4 and 10 others
ripbug

ripbug

pretending happily ever after
Feb 16, 2022
You haven't done anything selfish, because so far it is just a thought. Thoughts are not to be afraid of. That said, let's discuss your method.

Cursory research indicates that <1% of people choose this method, and data seems limited on success rate. There seems to be more success with head injury resultant from the collision. Choosing a heavier vehicle to jump in front of, and jumping from a concealed position, both seem to increase likelihood of success. These are the musings of a study I found that was largely unhelpful.

I think you should go back to the drawing board on this one. Let's talk about the person you are unwittingly conscripting into your plan. It's not fair to traumatize them like that. You already have an intuition for this, so I think you should explore that further. Suicide is already so tragic that it feels like it shouldn't be compounded by involving strangers without their consent. I realize you must be in a lot of pain to even consider such an option and I'm sorry you're going through this.
yeah you are completely right. reading that is making me cry because i know there can be a better way but its hard to picture anything else in my head right now. im just glad there are people out there who are willing to talk about this and help me see that there are different solutions. thank you so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, GameOver52, LoneMisery and 4 others
I

inanimate

Feb 9, 2022
agree with optingout but definitely relate to the level of desperation you are feeling. hope it gets better

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, LoneMisery, ripbug and 1 other person
Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021

agreed about subjecting another to a trauma that they may not deserve anymore than the trauma you yourself have been victimized by

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, inanimate, Al Cappella and 2 others
brnggundottxt

brnggundottxt

Mar 12, 2022
I once had a person try to run me down with a car once. I really wanted to launch my 300+ pound body in the windscreen.

Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
I walked into on coming traffic and am still here, granted it wasn't a highway just a very busy street. The woman said she was going only about 20 when she hit me. I felt terrible for her. I'm so glad she had her seatbelt on and didn't get injured. I'll never try that again. I don't want to cause undue harm to others.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and rationaltake
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Not fair to the unlucky person that hits you. Do you have an option that will not ruin the life of another person

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

I only care about cats eating corn on the cob.
Mar 4, 2022
It might not even be one person in the car, if you're planning on running out infront of a car going high speed then you likely won't see who is in there. It could turn out to be a whole family of people, and they could collide into another car full of people. You never know what could happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate and Huntfish34