• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Deadman000_

Deadman000_

Jan 18, 2020
Hey ya'll,

I've been mulling over different methods of ctb and I've come to the conclusion that jumping would be the easiest for me (No, I'm not looking for anyone to change my mind of from this method.. I live in/near a medium sized city in the United States, and I've found many buildings at an ideal height for jumping from. My biggest concern is gaining access to these high places. I've read that many buildings don't allow access to their rooftops, and I wouldn't like to raise too much suspicion while I try. I've looked into residential apartments, offices, parking garages, hotels, etc. While parking garages would be the most feasible, most aren't high enough for a guarantee and some have erected barriers to prevent jumping. The higher buildings will most likely have some form of security, and even something as simple as a locked door could stop my attempt, so I'm looking for some advice on how I should go about this.

TL;DR: Anyone have any advice on getting onto high rooftops?

Reactions: EgressiveLolixir
A

A3re733

Aug 29, 2019
1. Find the right building. Some may be higher security than others.

2. Learn the path to the roof.

3. Wear a yellow safety vest(easily bough online and cheap) and carry a small ladder. Add a pen in the front pocket of your vest and wear a bluetooth ear piece in only one ear. If you want extra style points wear something on your head (like a cap). Wear glasses if you are not confident enough and eyes give you away.

TIP: If you take a clipboard with you (with an empty sheet of paper on it) you will gain +1000 credibility.

TIP 2: Add some fake sweat(water) all over your forehead that you conveniently wipe off with your forearm sleeve when people look in your direction. You're a hardworking man that's been working hard.

4. Walk in carrying your ladder beneath your shoulder with one hand like you had just gone out to pick it up and confidently make your way to the roof without looking at anyone.(you're not interested in them, you're interested in doing your job)

5.If anyone at any point asks you about what you're doing (they shouldn't) then just say you're there to fix a broken ceiling light.

If they ask who called you, say that you don't know the name, your boss told you where to go and to do the job. Tell them you're from Delta Energy.

If they are still unsure say in a slightly annoyed tone that you can just leave and you'll let your boss deal with it.(This will scare most employees off)

If they ask where your tools are, tell them you first have to check the situation and then take whatever tools you need from the car.

If the door is locked, leave the ladder, come back down to the counter and ask for the key. After that say: "I need to check something on the roof" casually while leaning on the counter waiting for them and looking off into the dustance to the side in a very bored and "i hate my life" kinda way.

PRO TIP: It always helps to talk to and be friendly with the staff. Complain about how your boss is a sonofabitch that never lets you breathe for a second and gives no breaks and how your wife keeps talking about going to counseling toghether and is unhappy with the relationship

DON'T give them anything they didn't ask for. You're there to do your job as fast as possible and get out. Answer only what's necessary.

6.Profit.

The secret is to be as natural and at the same time confident as possible, aswell as picking the right building.(you can try this on multiple buildings)

There are risks. But they can be avoided if you cover your eyes with dark colored glasses and make up a clever excuse to leave like "I'll show you the papers they're in the car" or "let me call my boss real quick".

Ideally, you'd take this idea as inspiration and do your own research and go full out. Making electrician friends, learning the basics of the job online, buying a full outfit that you purposely make look dirty and used(including shoes), practicing your lines in front of the mirror, Studying the building layout and security aswell as reading books on human psychology and body language, how to lie and spot lies, the art of improvisation and how to manipulate others to get what you want. Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Sunset764, ALittleBurden, voyager and 7 others
enlightened_suicide

enlightened_suicide

How do you know, this isn't all a dream?
Jan 4, 2020
1. Find the right building. Some may be higher security than others.

2. Learn the path to the roof.

3. Wear a yellow safety vest(easily bough online and cheap) and carry a small ladder. Add a pen in the front pocket of your vest and wear a bluetooth ear piece in only one ear. If you want extra style points wear something on your head (like a cap). Wear glasses if you are not confident enough and eyes give you away.

TIP: If you take a clipboard with you (with an empty sheet of paper on it) you will gain +1000 credibility.

TIP 2: Add some fake sweat(water) all over your forehead that you conveniently wipe off with your forearm sleeve when people look in your direction. You're a hardworking man that's been working hard.

4. Walk in carrying your ladder beneath your shoulder with one hand like you had just gone out to pick it up and confidently make your way to the roof without looking at anyone.(you're not interested in them, you're interested in doing your job)

5.If anyone at any point asks you about what you're doing (they shouldn't) then just say you're there to fix a broken ceiling light.

If they ask who called you, say that you don't know the name, your boss told you where to go and to do the job. Tell them you're from Delta Energy.

If they are still unsure say in a slightly annoyed tone that you can just leave and you'll let your boss deal with it.(This will scare most employees off)

If they ask where your tools are, tell them you first have to check the situation and then take whatever tools you need from the car.

If the door is locked, leave the ladder, come back down to the counter and ask for the key. After that say: "I need to check something on the roof" casually while leaning on the counter waiting for them and looking off into the dustance to the side in a very bored and "i hate my life" kinda way.

PRO TIP: It always helps to talk to and be friendly with the staff. Complain about how your boss is a sonofabitch that never lets you breathe for a second and gives no breaks and how your wife keeps talking about going to counseling toghether and is unhappy with the relationship

DON'T give them anything they didn't ask for. You're there to do your job as fast as possible and get out. Answer only what's necessary.

6.Profit.

The secret is to be as natural and at the same time confident as possible, aswell as picking the right building.(you can try this on multiple buildings)

There are risks. But they can be avoided if you cover your eyes with dark colored glasses and make up a clever excuse to leave like "I'll show you the papers they're in the car" or "let me call my boss real quick".

Ideally, you'd take this idea as inspiration and do your own research and go full out. Making electrician friends, learning the basics of the job online, buying a full outfit that you purposely make look dirty and used(including shoes), practicing your lines in front of the mirror, Studying the building layout and security aswell as reading books on human psychology and body language, how to lie and spot lies, the art of improvisation and how to manipulate others to get what you want. Good luck.

Homocide/Suicide tactics ;)

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
I would find it odd that someone needs access to the roof to change a lightbulb. More importantly, I would think that the building maintenance people would already have a key and it would strike the staff as bizarre that you would ask for one.

^^^ This.
And where I'm at (I'm in the U.S.), you can claim to be from whatever energy company but if you don't have a badge on your vest/suit, you ain't gonna get access to any lock door roof/buildings. Where whatever suit means nothing, employees there will ask for your badge ID to verify before give you any key or open any roof door for you.

Especially after the 9/11 here in the U.S., yeah, you better show ID of whatever company you claim you from if you want to have access.
You better off find a roof that not lock and open to public, or a bridge.

OP, if you have money to travel, there plenty of 1,000 feet bridges for you to jump. I can think of few right here in the U.S. Outside of U.S. there plenty.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ALittleBurden and GoodPersonEffed
ThatIsTheQuestion

ThatIsTheQuestion

Ghost in Waiting
Aug 4, 2019
I actually check this out when I visit new buildings, if I get a chance. The single biggest problem is that very few buildings leave rooftop doors unlocked, and most are super-locked (extra padlocks, chains, keypads, etc.). Suicide is a specific concern for engineers who build tall buildings. But not every place is the same. It's surprisingly easy to get onto residential rooftops in NYC because workers and residents often leave them ajar. But that's a cultural thing, since it's so hard to get that kind of outdoor privacy anywhere else in the city. New Yorkers tend to view it as a right, and they're willing to put up with a few suicides to keep it. Sometimes people aren't total idiots.

Reactions: Fthis
A

A3re733

Aug 29, 2019
^^^ This.
And where I'm at (I'm in the U.S.), you can claim to be from whatever energy company but if you don't have a badge on your vest/suit, you ain't gonna get access to any lock door roof/buildings. Where whatever suit means nothing, employees there will ask for your badge ID to verify before give you any key or open any roof door for you.

Especially after the 9/11 here in the U.S., yeah, you better show ID of whatever company you claim you from if you want to have access.
You better off find a roof that not lock and open to public, or a bridge.

OP, if you have money to travel, there plenty of 1,000 feet bridges for you to jump. I can think of few right here in the U.S. Outside of U.S. there plenty.

This is the downside of technology. Can't have fun anymore. Everything is computerized. It was a joke reply though.

Reactions: Fthis
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It was a joke reply though.
In the online world, that's called trolling.

OP asked a sincere question. You gave a detailed reply and people sincerely engaged with with it. Now your admission of trolling.

I tried to see what your other posts have been like to try to determine what kind of character you consistently demonstrate, so that I could address you as a person and not based on one post, but you block access to that information.

So Ima just call out the trolling and move on.

A

A3re733

Aug 29, 2019
In the online world, that's called trolling.

OP asked a sincere question. You gave a detailed reply and people sincerely engaged with with it. Now your admission of trolling.

I tried to see what your other posts have been like to try to determine what kind of character you consistently demonstrate, so that I could address you as a person and not based on one post, but you block access to that information.

So Ima just call out the trolling and move on.

That, or the other possibility, that it's just a funny reply to lighten up the mood. Not everything has to be super serious.

Reactions: bigoutfit
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
That, or the other possibility, that it's just a funny reply to lighten up the mood. Not everything has to be super serious.
I do not disagree with that.

What I disagree with is that you did not make it clear that your very detailed post was a joke.

Therefore others invested time, thought and emotions in engaging with it, rather than with the OP.

I'm going to err on the side of you being a good person who did not consider the potential impact of your joke, and say that I hope you will be more aware moving forward.

Perhaps consider how you would feel if you were in the OP's position of vulnerably reaching out when in need, being responded to with a joke presented as serious, spending time engaging with that joke, and getting attention redirected from your genuine needs for a joke.

L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Even if somebody blocked access to his profile, it is still available to see a list of his posts (except profile posts): hold mouse cursor above member's avatar picture, wait until a pop-up with clickable message counter will appear, click on that counter and you'll get a list of his messages.
You can also get the same list using search tab (specify member's name).

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed