idontwantausername

idontwantausername

Jan 5, 2024
My current plan is to turn on a gas powered generator in my home. I live in a small 200ish sqft stand alone structure that's sealed so tightly I frequently have to clean pooled water off windows because condensation can't escape. I think my chances of success are fairly high from this method. I learned in firefighter school that hemoglobin has 100x affinity to death assuring carbon monoxide vs life giving oxygen. Just wondering if others think this will work out? The warning label in the generator says pretty clearly "using indoors will kill you in minutes" so here's hoping they're right.

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: SVEN, doormat25 and counting-out-time
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
That was my idea sort of. Tried doing it in a car using pipe from exhaust. Windows went brown and damp from the gases but all I got was a headache. Still here to tell the tale. Think imma go and get a generator. Can power my phone while I listen to music and pass out

Reactions: doormat25
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I just read somebody here saying there were other chemicals produced by generator and that it was an issue ?

counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
I just read somebody here saying there were other chemicals produced by generator and that it was an issue ?
I believe it is nOX which is deadly. Burnt gases produce a toxic gas that is guaranteed to kill within minutes. Cars have cats on the exhaust to as it gets proper hot. It basically reduces the nOX so it's safer for the atmosphere. I wanna go back to 1970 when you could park a car in the garage. Start engine up and then it's beep beep beep beeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. You catch my drift

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
I'm no expert here but the method proposed should work, but I'd want to find out what could happen if the concentration wasn't enough. Would that leave the individual in a coma?
Also, I never thought about reading the danger warning tags as ways to get ideas, that's pretty clever.
Wish you the best!

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I believe it is nOX which is deadly. Burnt gases produce a toxic gas that is guaranteed to kill within minutes. Cars have cats on the exhaust to as it gets proper hot. It basically reduces the nOX so it's safer for the atmosphere. I wanna go back to 1970 when you could park a car in the garage. Start engine up and then it's beep beep beep beeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. You catch my drift
Yeah, sweet old 70s

idontwantausername

idontwantausername

Jan 5, 2024
I'm no expert here but the method proposed should work, but I'd want to find out what could happen if the concentration wasn't enough. Would that leave the individual in a coma?
Also, I never thought about reading the danger warning tags as ways to get ideas, that's pretty clever.
Wish you the best!
Polish 20240106 114018256

• Yay!
Reactions: violetday, mossyland, WordsAreHard and 3 others
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
That made me chuckle tbh 😄