BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
Why do people feel they have the right to do this? I tell people I'm 20 and they say I'm too young and should focus on getting help. I fucking hate it. The second I was diagnosed with autism my life was over.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, IchigoYozora and Julgran
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Why do people feel they have the right to do this? I tell people I'm 20 and they say I'm too young and should focus on getting help. I fucking hate it. The second I was diagnosed with autism my life was over.

Non-suicidal people may think that you haven't made a real effort at improving your life circumstances.

Is there anything specific that bothers you right now - like school, work or family life..? In case you are still curious about life, you could give yourself one more attempt, and then come back here and contemplate your future.

Reactions: IchigoYozora
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like after all, it's our lives and only we know when it's time to exit. Others cannot experience life the same way so they have no right to say that you must get 'help'. Even if there was 'help', nobody is obligated to take it, it's a personal decision when to leave. None of us asked to be here in the first place anyway.

I cannot stand those who gatekeep suffering. Some people simply don't want to be here. I view non existence as always being preferable to living and if others think differently then they can just go and enjoy life. They shouldn't force their beliefs on others.
I also have autism, it's always been tiring existing in a world that I'm not meant for.

Reactions: CTB Dream and IchigoYozora
I

IchigoYozora

Sep 17, 2022
I just hate when people say that you have no reason to be suicidal because nothing major bad happened to your life.
You can still suffer mentally without being raped and abused. People act like they can't.

Reactions: unqualifiedreserve
unqualifiedreserve

unqualifiedreserve

Sep 24, 2021
I just hate when people say that you have no reason to be suicidal because nothing major bad happened to your life.
You can still suffer mentally without being raped and abused. People act like they can't.
i hate this kind of dismissiveness as well, age or circumstances don't preclude people from coming to a realization about how absurd and meaningless existence can be. scars that come with age, negative experience or mental illness are just the cherry on top, but others presume that one of the three are a prerequisite.
on the other hand you can't really expect everyone or even most people to be able to put themselves in your shoes, they simply don't have the frame of reference to empathize, or even if they do, they don't care to after having built a defense mechanism around this realization.

Reactions: IchigoYozora
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
People do judge and usually use their own life experience as a measuring stick. For better or worse, everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if that's a shitty opinion, but you have a right not to listen to all those people.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Life depress why people gatekeep depression, young old small other animal all possible depression in life. Other have no idea how much possible depression life cause. Try blame person not blame life biology root depression wrong

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
Non-suicidal people may think that you haven't made a real effort at improving your life circumstances.

Is there anything specific that bothers you right now - like school, work or family life..? In case you are still curious about life, you could give yourself one more attempt, and then come back here and contemplate your future.
I dropped out of high school due to major depression, ocd, and autism when I was 18. I've never worked a day in my life. Family life is shit, no friends or and sure as hell no gf.

• Hugs
Reactions: IchigoYozora and Julgran
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I dropped out of high school due to major depression, ocd, and autism when I was 18. I've never worked a day in my life. Family life is shit, no friends or and sure as hell no gf.
Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I dropped out of high school under similar circumstances. My demonic family then used a dubious autism diagnosis made by a biased psychologist to cover up the fact that my extreme issues with social withdrawal, zero career and no motivation were caused by trauma and phobia of people after 2 decades of scapegoating, bullying and torment at home and school.

The autism diagnosis was their way of nonchalantly diverting attention towards a phantom psychological defect to cover up their own cruelty so my voice would never be heard. It worked, too, as nearly 25 years of injustice have passed and I've battled to work crappy jobs, slowly undo some brainwashing and tried to buy a house by myself so I'd never have to see those sadistic freaks again. If I could be young again with my current resources and knowledge, I'd be able to recover. Instead, I'm quite old and burned out, increasingly hoping for a miracle of finding a partner despite a life story straight out of a horror movie.

If you do choose to CTB I can honour that, as all I've achieved is decades of misery followed by probably CTB-ing anyway. It really sucks to have fought so hard for so long without being any sort of inspiration for young people; I seem to just be living proof that some situations are unworkable from the beginning. But if you do make any attempt to recover, my advice is to be very clear about the real nature of the problem and what needs to be done about it. You cannot trust the family, nor psychologists, nor even your own brainwashed mind.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Cathy Ames, NumbItAll and 1 other person