L

lunasoleada

Sep 29, 2022
I don't know if I want to commit suicide, I just want to disappear, fade away. I have always been sad since I was a child and very lonely, many people have taken advantage of my desire to receive love. I have received false friendship, false love. My wish had always been to be like the others, love, friendship, but those dreams are goneand.
I read once that you had to free yourself from the desire to be loved and with that you will achieve freedom, but living a life without love seems cold and cruel to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Shivali, makethepainstop and 1 other person
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Your sentiment is shared by many of us I think. After having lived the life I had, I would say that desire for things can cause us additional suffering because most of the time we don't get it, but the lack of basic human needs isn't something to scoff at either. No one would say "oh, just don't worry about having access to clean water and you'll be better off" to people in such a situation - humans are social creatures and the vast majority of us want and need nurturing, supportive relationships. Same goes for animals, or plants; there are certain things that without them, life just doesn't happen.

Freeing yourself from desire in general = mostly beneficial, but also ≠ being able to live without basic requisites for life.

• Hugs
Reactions: lunasoleada and makethepainstop
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
A pet may give you some opportunity to give and receive affection. The phrase, "Once burned, twice shy" may picture how one withdraws from relationships that were not based on a critical assessment. The pain from making poor choices can motivate us to become better at making assessments.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop and ColorlessTrees