I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
Is it possible?

Then I could just go to a hotel and ctb reliably and without pain...

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Spitfire
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This will generally be prohibited in the USA for you.

Gun laws are strange here though, as each state seems to have something different to say about them, who can buy and have them, where and how you can travel with them, etc... So, I would not truly know?

There are a lot of private sellers all around the states though. The rules also change for buying from them versus buying from a licensed dealer, or a gun shop, and from state to state.

Last edited:
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Can you even fly to the US these days?

Reactions: Spitfire
BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
Yeah, man. Be wary of gun laws here. It's confusing. It tends to vary state by state, county by county, sometimes even how you obtain it, like a user above mentioned.

My recommendation would be to go to a state that has ridiculously lax gun laws and just get a fake ID or something. (If we're talking theoretically, of course! I obviously don't condone illegal behavior....... pls no sue.)

Reactions: voyager and Spitfire
I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
jesus, what i'd give to be one

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Texas.. right? Lota of places in Texas probably have lax gun laws. Maybe Florida too?

Type in 'red state'.. make sure it is one of those as well, is probably helpful?

I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
Texas.. right? Lota of places in Texas probably have lax gun laws. Maybe Florida too?

Type in 'red state'.. make sure it is one of those as well, is probably helpful?

I don't think any state allows selling to tourists...

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Gun laws about this sort of thing are federalized, not state by state

google ATF 4473

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Me either honestly. At least not without extenuating circumstances, maybe?

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
Gun laws about this sort of thing are federalized, not state by state

google ATF 4473
Right, but that's assuming if you buy from a FFL holder. Some states don't require background checks on private sales. Just look at Wyoming.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Right, but that's assuming if you buy from a FFL holder. Some states don't require background checks on private sales. Just look at Wyoming.
If you cannot pass a 4473 then you are not legally armed, ability to break the law and get armed aside

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
Yeah, man. Be wary of gun laws here. It's confusing. It tends to vary state by state, county by county, sometimes even how you obtain it, like a user above mentioned.

My recommendation would be to go to a state that has ridiculously lax gun laws and just get a fake ID or something. (If we're talking theoretically, of course! I obviously don't condone illegal behavior....... pls no sue.)
Of course we are talking theoretically. Obviously.

Reactions: voyager, Spitfire and BerryCakes
BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
If you cannot pass a 4473 then you are not legally armed, ability to break the law and get armed aside
Isn't that just a technicality, though? I mean, you can technically still get arrested for possessing and selling marijuana due to federal law while you're in Colorado, but is it likely the Feds will come banging on your door? No.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Isn't that just a technicality, though? I mean, you can technically still get arrested for possessing and selling marijuana due to federal law while you're in Colorado, but is it likely the Feds will come banging on your door? No.
Look I'm REALLY trying to be chill, but since "duh you can break the law" is an answer ... wouldn't it follow that OP is looking for legal ways to get armed?
I'm having a fucking horrible day (well, life) and raging about this thread in chat so as to not derail it, but, like, c'mon

BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
Look I'm REALLY trying to be chill, but since "duh you can break the law" is an answer ... wouldn't it follow that OP is looking for legal ways to get armed?
Yes, I understand that. I'm just saying that it might not be practical to consider federal laws, because even though technically federal law surpasses state law, things don't really end up working out like that in reality.

Edit: your edit
Bro, feel free to rage on me all you want. I don't really care. I promise I won't acknowledge the remarks, as to not derail. lmao

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Yes, I understand that. I'm just saying that it might not be practical to consider federal laws, because even though technically federal law surpasses state law, things don't really end up working out like that in reality.
Look, I'm being WAY too agro about this. I'm going to bow out before I totally blow my stack and get banned

We're all on the same team here, so, friends?

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It is illegal by federal standards for the sale of marijuana... But, the states who have legalized it are definitely selling it. Might be in-line with the topic a bit with where it has gone to?

Reactions: BerryCakes
BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
Look, I'm being WAY too agro about this. I'm going to bow out before I totally blow my stack and get banned

We're all on the same team here, so, friends?
m8, I had people call me much worse things than an idiot and they got away scot-free. You're fine.
I'm more worried about you than anything. Please don't give yourself high blood pressure over me. ; _ ;

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I know for private sales of guns in a state I was residing in for awhile;

You can literally walk across the street to your neighbor, hand him cash, and walk back to your side of the street with possession of a new gun that is all yours.

Reactions: voyager and BerryCakes
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
BerryCakes said:
Bro, feel free to rage on me all you want. I don't really care. I promise I won't acknowledge the remarks, as to not derail. lmao ... m8, I had people call me much worse things than an idiot and they got away scot-free
Sorry I edited, and thanks for editing.

(joking) I DIDN'T CALL YOU AN IDIOT HOW DARE YOU (hahah)
BerryCakes said:
I'm more worried about you than anything. Please don't give yourself high blood pressure over me. ; _ ;
I just keep wanting to shoot myself, then not getting around to it

• Hugs
Reactions: BerryCakes
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
I know for private sales of guns in a state I was residing in for awhile;

You can literally walk across the street to your neighbor, hand him cash, and walk back to your side of the street with possession of a new gun that is all yours.
Mine too. No longer. I have occupational knowledge of this, which is why I was losing my shit. I'm drunk now, so, whatever

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I do not think scenario is realistic IcyBat.

I recommend looking into something else in the meantime. A good thought though.