M

Mopey

May 24, 2018
Hi all,

Does anyone have resources on what happens to your body after death in India?

I'm not looking for any religious funeral rite in particular, but I'm wondering how exactly it "works" if someone finds me.

I have no friends and will not have any close family, so will this person just call the police, after which they take my body and...
What happens then? Where does the body go?

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Hi all,

Does anyone have resources on what happens to your body after death in India?

I'm not looking for any religious funeral rite in particular, but I'm wondering how exactly it "works" if someone finds me.

I have no friends and will not have any close family, so will this person just call the police, after which they take my body and...
What happens then? Where does the body go?

Although the names of relevant authorities will differ between countries, I would assume the overall steps are fairly universal in most industrialised countries. A Google search for steps taken after death should yield a typical example, or a member here might like to list them.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Is your citizenship in India or another country?

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Yes , I m from India and let me tell u it depends on your citizenship. Coz the cops will first try to identify the body and then assess if its a murder or suicide. It its a suicide and if u not Indian they contact the embassy and hand over the body to them . further I am not sure what happens after that. This is the broad procedure. If u Indian then they cremate the body.