LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
What do priests usually say at these kind of funeral? I live in a Catholic country and funerals for suicides weren't even allowed by the Catholic Church for some time, how does the funeral of a suicide look like?

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
how does the funeral of a suicide look like?
A group of normies say the same things that they've heard in movies to each other and then proceed to touch in order to increase their levels of oxytocin.

Reactions: melissa286, Fin, NeverSatisfied and 8 others
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
The funeral I went to for a friend who committed suicide looked and happened the same as any other funeral I've been to. Most of the stuff spoken was recounting happier times, their love of fishing and joking around. It wasn't a very religious funeral so that might change things but tbh for the most part it'll be no different. Second funeral I've been to where they played bat out of hell as the parting song, first time it was during a Christian service which was very entertaining!

Reactions: BandAddict
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
Yeah, I can't imagine it to be all that different from a regular funeral, only very lightly touching upon the fact that you've chosen your time or some shit. I don't even want a funeral. Just bury me with my dad and be done with it.

naiad

naiad

Mar 20, 2021
I live in a very religious country (Christianity) and the funeral is no different. I think it's because we have to pay the priest for it and he doesn't care how someone died

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I bet they will only say what a beautiful, nice and responsible person you were. Ignoring all the bad stuff.
Anyway, I've also thought of this. I hope a cool priest comes to my funeral because if he says something like I'll be spending the rest of my days in hell, my parents will probably ctb too so as to go there too and help me lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: Fin
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
I imagine no different from any other death, the funeral industry will be paid whether you're 19 or 90.
maybe a younger crowd, maybe more people who wouldn't have looked at you on the street suddenly in attendance (which is why I've told those who know I've been suicidal to fucking vet the attendees)

Reactions: Isisnefert and LifeQuitter2018
calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
in other funerals I don't know, but in mine, there will be no one and no ceremony. As I have neither family nor friends, I guess the best choice is the cremation

Reactions: JigsawFeelin
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I live in a catholic country also, and although I'm technically catholic, myself and my parents consider ourselves atheists so I've asked them to give me a non religious ceremony for my funeral, like by a humanist celebrant as opposed to a priest
But I've never actually been to a funeral that was a suicide so I don't really know what gets said etc

Reactions: JigsawFeelin
C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021
There will be no funeral when I die. I will have my ashes sent to a cemetery forest in the Netherlands, which costs only €200,-. Or I have my ashes poured in the forest in Switzerland.

melissa286

melissa286

Mar 22, 2021
I've been to two funerals of people who died by suicide (both young, male cousins of mine). Aside from the officiant making the occasional oblique reference to the decedent's "struggles," you'd never have guessed it if you hadn't known.

Reactions: the_final_countdown
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I don't want a funeral. I've never been someone for parties, celebrations or events with a large crowd where I'm centre of attention. I'll probably write in my note that if I have any say in what happens after I die, to just give me a direct cremation without a funeral service. The option is available here in the UK. Can just leave without a fuss and all the heavy expenses