Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
Does anybody else worry about who'll pay for their funeral costs? Be it a cremation or burial.

I don't wish to leave my family with a big bill.

Would any insurance policies cover these costs for a suicide?

• Hugs
Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“ and Forever Sleep
tams

tams

Mar 27, 2023
Nope. I have it written into my will that I don't want a funeral or any celebration of life, as well as to be cremated.

The_End_Is_Comfort

The_End_Is_Comfort

Oh to be a goofy cartoon character.
May 7, 2023
Does anybody else worry about who'll pay for their funeral costs? Be it a cremation or burial.

I don't wish to leave my family with a big bill.

Would any insurance policies cover these costs for a suicide?

I don't think insurance policies cover for suicide, only for natural or accidental causes. I could be thinking of life insurance though.

Nope. I have it written into my will that I don't want a funeral or any celebration of life, as well as to be cremated.

For me, I wish to also not have a funeral for the sake of my family's finances, but if they wish to hold one then they can go ahead and do so. Same with cremation, if they wish to do a burial they may do so. It won't be my choice when I'm gone, I'm only telling them not to do it for their own sake.

D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
My insurance policy covers for suicide but a 2 year clause first.

A

AsAboveSoBelow

Apr 2, 2023
Yeh i been thinking about this as well, Idk what's the best way to go about it. I'd been investigating how much it would cost for my body to be disposed of properly (no need for a burial, memorial, funeral or a wake or anything like that), but at the same time, mindful that my younger siblings who i love might want to have my remains be in a place where they could visit. hmm...

I'll make sure that my family certainly wouldn't foot the bill (heck, I've even been thinking of leaving an instruction for them to not be notified - we're all scattered all over the globe),. I've just been thinking how to pre arrange how my body would be dealt with prior to my demise without causing any suspicion. If it's up to me, I wouldn't mind wtv, would pay for my ashes to be scattered, in the sea or wtv. following this thread in case anyone has successfully thought of/arrange for this cheers
|
Edit: in regards to insurance coverage, it depends on your provider and clause (usually 2 years - and that would also depends on which provider in which region/country would cover for what). If u still got ur PDS, have a read if it's mentioned somewhere. Otherwise, if/when we're dead we don't have much control over what our family wishes to do (though we could leave something in the form of a will/instructions etc. )

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm hoping to pre-pay for a cremation- no service but that still seems to cost Ā£1,000!

It's kind of you to think of your family but it can't be helped. Plus, they may want to hold a full service to say goodbye. I guess you could try and leave them some money to go towards it and to emphasize that you don't want them spending out on it- so- they don't feel obliged.