SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Your thoughts? I got ahold of the only funeral home in my small town.

Just for the basic cremation and container is around $3000 and they monetize every smallest step so they can make the most absolute profit for even silly things. What would happen if people couldn't pay?! Would they just toss the body off a cliff and let the wildlife have it?

If you do a casket and funeral it could cost upwards of $15,000. It's like they want your family to go into debt..imagine getting a loan for a freaking funeral….If you die then your family is stuck with a hefty bill for your death.

I can pay for the cremation. I can also get a vet discount! I just hope they don't message my family as soon as I pay for it. Letting them know... Trying to save more heartache and headache for people by taking care of a lot of it is so freaking overwhelming.., but I refuse to make them suffer like I have…

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Life Is My Coffin, annointed_towers and sash
Starry2He

Starry2He

Talking Corpse
Oct 8, 2023
I've been looking into Green Burials the last year and think those are pretty cool, at this point im just hoping any life insurance will happen to pay for it. Its absurd how expensive being buried is

I'm not really sure what happens if you cant pay for it, thats a good question!

corazon

corazon

"a heart's a heavy burden"
Mar 30, 2023
Direct cremations are told to be the cheapest option. It's a cremation without ceremony or attendees and the cost includes that of the legal documents, handling of the body, economy coffin and urn. I'm leaning towards this option. And instead of a funeral, my family could just organise a get together at home after they receive my ashes if they feel so inclined. But I couldn't agree more... the cost even to die is steep.

T

TheSuicidalLlama

Oct 10, 2023
I'm asking in my suicide note for them to flush my ashes down the toilet. I wonder if they will take it as a joke or if they will actually do it lmao. It will be fun.

Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and samsara_96
sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
Seems its about £1500 UK all in inc docs fees for one of those 'we pick up the bodies and send the ashes back' so you can have a party elsewhere. Seems cheapest option here.
I'm starting to think funeral parlours are run by pro lifers, We think of the cost and the guilt stops us...
Jus tell undertakers yr familys superstitious they'll get the heebie jeebies if they learn you have pre bought your funeral and you'll get earache, but have the cash so doing it now, keep it quiet no paper letters, just emails.

cursedcure

cursedcure

palliative care
Oct 8, 2023
I'm asking in my suicide note for them to flush my ashes down the toilet. I wonder if they will take it as a joke or if they will actually do it lmao. It will be fun.
this is so silly i love it

Reactions: TheSuicidalLlama
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CANNOT EVEN PAY FOR THEIR OWN DEATH.

Jan1193

Jan1193

I want no limitations for my soul
Sep 18, 2023
I'm trying to save all the money I can to my family and the referencie of my body once I can to CBT. I want to be cremated and then, if they don't want to save My ashes until it can rest beside my mom's tumb, they can do what they want. I'm sorry for you, buddy. Born, live and die is so expensive already, a test that we are only prisoners to the capitalism we want it ir not

P

plastic

Jan 16, 2021
I'm working to make sure no one finds my corpse. I don't want traces and administrative nonsense behind me. I'm tired of living by the retarded rules of civilization, I want to be free in my death.

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
In the US, each state has it's own laws around handling bodies, funerals , and disposal. NY just passed a Green Burial law. In South Carolina, they require you to buy a casket even for a cremation.

@SolomonKado - Just an off-the-wall idea... You might try working with the funeral home to decide what you want and either pay for it upfront or get a fixed price. Put all of this in writing in the form of a legal contract to keep with your other final documents. Then your family won't have to deal with any decisions or costs, unless they want something additional. And that's on them, not you.

You could tell the funeral home that you are sick and have been told you don't have too long to live. Just give yourself enough flexibility in the contract that they will honor it, even if you're still with us 10 years from now.

• Informative
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
W

wendy5c

Brain dead Azn
Oct 11, 2023
THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CANNOT EVEN PAY FOR THEIR OWN DEATH.
A friend of mine who died in 2021 had his coffin left out in the reception room. It was sad to watch how the funeral home treats someone on welfare.

Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
They made me this way so they should pay for everything. I really don't care what they will do with my body.

Reactions: plastic